• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I dunno how to link so this is the best I could do

little harsh but well.. not gonna try to tell what mods should or shouldn't do.

just one day, he'll be back for the weekend.

It would be so hilarious if a Mini Direct would happen now that he is banned again lol.
I kinda don't want a direct now.

anyway, glad Zippo is still around. I would advise you to follow Nate's way of sharing your info: just give guidelines of what you know without being too much specific. this way you protect your sources and yourself.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My dog who works in front of Nintendo barked to me whisperingly that Directs are now called Borkborks and that I should get a life.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Come on Guys... lets rejoice next Week, same Time, Same Place... and see what happen... and a Direct Mini is not gonna happen.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im sure they will have some great first party games for late summer and the fall, but do they have anything else besides animal crossing and mystery dungeon before e3? Because if so i can totally see that next direct happening closer to or at e3

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Im sure they will have some great first party games for late summer and the fall, but do they have anything else besides animal crossing and mystery dungeon before e3? Because if so i can totally see that next direct happening closer to or at e3
I'm sure XenoblaDE, Paper Mario, a casual game, a WiiU port and Bravely Default 2 will release before E3.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
While there's nothing confirmed yet, they're not going to go all of April and May and part of/all of June without releasing something. That's the entire first quarter of their next financial year. From what we've heard, safe guesses include at least be one Wii U port and probably Xenoblade DE in that time and maybe other things too. Last year they had digital releases and a Labo kit in that time, as well as Mario Maker 2 at the end of June. The year before that they had multiple Wii U ports, a couple of Labo kits, and other new games like Sushi Striker and Mario Tennis: Aces in that quarter.

So there are definite question marks about how much there'll be, but there will be first-party releases in that quarter.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
So turns out Nintendo isn't dropping a direct on Valentine's day without a single tease who knew

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Part of me thinks April might be another month without first-party releases. Animal Crossing could easily carry Switch through that month and there's third-party stuff like Minecraft Dungeons, Trials of Mana and Wonderful 101 all set for April, so it's hardly an empty month.

Emily said things would pick up from May onwards, too.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Super mario 3d world port
Pikmin 3 port
Animal crossing
Splatoon spin off
Dark souls 2
Xenoblade DE
Another third party.
Here's your 'realistic' MiniDirect folks!

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Part of me thinks April might be another month without first-party releases. Animal Crossing could easily carry Switch through that month and there's third-party stuff like Minecraft Dungeons, Trials of Mana and Wonderful 101 all set for April, so it's hardly an empty month.

I think this is worth considering. It explains why we aren't getting a General Direct or a Mini (lol) this month. They can wait until early March if they don't have anything major for April, except maybe some e-shop game.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

I believe somebody said that there will be a April release. I'm betting on Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
Realistic expectations for a mini direct:

XenoblaDE release date (may)
Pikmin 3 release date (april?)
Trials of mana demo
Minor Nintendo game for june
A couple of third party release dates maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.