• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hype yourself because no-one else here will save you
The odds will betray you
And I will replace you
You can't deny the Direct it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Other than more Smash Fighters, what do you guys think Sakurai's next project will be? Will we see it on the Switch?
I think once Sakurai is done with Ultimate's development, he will enjoy a nice, long rest. Maybe go on a vacation or something.

Nah, he's either going to stay on board for a third season pass or do something else entirely. I don't really see him developing a new Smash Bros anyway, after he made it his mission for this one to be the ultimate one in any way.

Last edited:

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Guys I have a problem. My backlog is huge and now is a perfect chance to work through it, but whenever I boot up my switch I end up just playing smash for hours. What do I do?

SlimeKnight

Jan 2, 2018
Guys I have a problem. My backlog is huge and now is a perfect chance to work through it, but whenever I boot up my switch I end up just playing smash for hours. What do I do?

I know how you feel. I still need to finish my Three Houses Golden Deer playthrough and actually start Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword. Yet here I am replaying Super Metroid for like the twentieth time.

Sep 14, 2018
I suspect your problem is with starting games. Games for a long time now haven't really been pick up and play affairs. There's about an hour of story and tutorials before you're set free, which doesn't sound appealing when you have Smash sitting there ready whenever you are. So what you have to do is pick a game and just force yourself to start it. Set aside an hour, get through the opening, and then you'll always have the game there, ready for you to pick up and play just like Smash.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I suspect your problem is with starting games. Games for a long time now haven't really been pick up and play affairs. There's about an hour of story and tutorials before you're set free, which doesn't sound appealing when you have Smash sitting there ready whenever you are. So what you have to do is pick a game and just force yourself to start it. Set aside an hour, get through the opening, and then you'll always have the game there, ready for you to pick up and play just like Smash.
I've started most of the games that I'm working through (Mansion 3, Octopath, DQ11S, Link's awakening, Pokemon Sword), I think the problem is I'm addicted to competition and smash scratches that itch.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
jimmer kripper I was obviously shitposting before, but on the other hand I was only half kidding. If you get drawn back to Smash or any other game and can't bring yourself to work through your backlog, that's fine. From my own experience, forcing yourself through backlog makes you despise whatever game it is. If it doesn't come to you naturally now, it might later.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
What ones have you played but not finished?
Super Metroid. Started it on Wii U, but dropped it because life got busy. Started it again last October, and made it pretty far, but due to a family emergency I set it aside and haven't picked it back up.

I've dabbled in Metroid 1 a bit, back in the Wii VC days.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they've been snacking and need more space?
Everyone at pax like
200px-Peach_and_Gourmet_Guy_PM64.png

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Could they be saving the Direct for the last week of Feb and then they attend PAX with all the game demos ready?
If that's the case, then leaks could happen by people assembling the kiosks, kind of what happened during past E3s.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
I'll be attending PAX on the 29th and the first thing I want to do is check out the huge Nintendo booth. The app came out today and had a list of all the games that will be available to demo. There is nothing listed from Nintendo yet, but I hope they bring some awesome stuff since the booth is so big this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.