• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Deadly Premonition in anticipation of part 2. Its a fantastic game with some horrible sound design in menu's but I think they will fix that in the sequel. I think the sequel will be out rather soon because it's been up on the e-shop for a while now.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5i7gx64we2fqg2l4xlrqsjtbzfu5ptgu_hq.jpg

Ah awesome!
Hit me

JakeDF2

Feb 15, 2020
Let's end the thread speculating about the titles for the rumored Paper Mario and Metroid games.
My guess is Paper Mario: Summertime Story. Hub world is a beach. Game releases in summer.
I can't find a better title for Metroid than Metroid Dread. Metroid Dread lives!

Oh and Mario Golf will be Mario Golf: Hole-in-One of course

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Just thinking out Loud here.

but even if I was a huge fan of Animal Crossing. I wouldn't need a direct full of new info. The game has a set release date and I look forward to game previews by outlets more since I feel they have more information. So it's interesting to see so many animal Crossing losing their minds. I would "get it" if it was still a vague 2020 date, which did happen back in 2019 when the February direct had no AC news and people went mental, and many guessing that the game would get delayed.

and no I'm not saying there shouldn't be a AC direct (Directs never hurt), just that it's intresting too see a huge demand for news By direct when we know the song and dance of tons Previews and Footage hitting before the game releases. Especially a game with a set release date. Other then Smash, what other specific game directs had occur when the game didn't already have a release date? Splatoon 2?

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I know Stealth is a moron, but his observation is correct:

"Lack of Direct announcement aside, PAX East starts next week and Nintendo has the biggest booth at the show, I'm more curious why Nintendo hasn't announced their lineup yet. "

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If BotW 2 doesn't make it this year, what do you think is the 2020 Zelda game?

We've had yearly Zelda games since 2013 (counting spinoffs), sometimes even two, and with the big success of BotW I doubt Nintendo would slow down the pace.

With all the rumors (Pikmin 3, 3D World) and confirmed (TMS, W101) Wii U ports this year I think it would be disappointing to see another one (WWHD or TPHD). I think it's time for Hyrule Warriors 2, going hard on BotW characters and enemies, as well as characters from big Zelda games still unrepresented in HW: Definitive Edition like A Link to the Past (Aghanim, Pink Hair Link, the Sages) or under-represented like Link's Awakening.
BotW content imo shouldnt get any special treatment. Link and Zelda already have costumes, all we need from BotW are Kass and Urbosa(and enemies/a stage or two).

I'm still mad that Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, and Four Swords Adventures all got literally nothing. No Four Sword Link, no Vaati, no Onox/Veran, no Subrosian or Picori rep, no Nayru/Din/Farore. The Four Swords Saga being completely left behind is huge bullshit.

Also Groose. If we're forced to have Tingle, at least give us the joke character people actually want.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth isn't even a moron lol. He doesn't even try to pretend he has inside info most of the time. He's just a huge nintendo fan

he's one of those people that, like, something happens with and ERA takes their hatred and runs with it no exceptions. Like Liam.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Can I just say I really wish I waited for the pink Switch Lite. Pink is my favorite color!

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Doesn't Nintendo usually reveal what will be playable at PAX East well before the show? Should be time for them to share what they're going to be doing with their floor space pretty soon.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019
Doesn't Nintendo usually reveal what will be playable at PAX East well before the show? Should be time for them to share what they're going to be doing with their floor space pretty soon.

Yeah it looks like last year they announced their lineup 17 days in advance. We are now like 9 days out from the con and they haven't said anything yet despite having the biggest booth on the show floor. I'm sure they will say something this week but it is weird that they are waiting so long

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I know Stealth is a moron, but his observation is correct:

"Lack of Direct announcement aside, PAX East starts next week and Nintendo has the biggest booth at the show, I'm more curious why Nintendo hasn't announced their lineup yet. "

They have the biggest booth? This is the first i am hearing of that i am sure that means more than one game and third party games i would presume.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Introducing Devolver Garage theory

Nintendo has the biggest booth because everyone else decided to move out of PAX before it becomes the next E3

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Yeah it looks like last year they announced their lineup 17 days in advance. We are now like 9 days out from the con and they haven't said anything yet despite having the biggest booth on the show floor. I'm sure they will say something this week but it is weird that they are waiting so long

That is weird, it's like they are waiting for the last possible moment before announcing anything

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
He doesn't try to pretend he knows everything and when he did say he knows something, he got some stuff wrong and some stuff right. I don't see a reason for the hate brigade he gets on ERA. Dude is nothing but positive on his twitter
I don't want to derail this thread further, so we can continue this over DM if you want. But Stealth is recorded for being antagonistic and propping himself up as a fake insider over a period of YEARS. It's possible he doesn't anymore, I don't know. But he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.