• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Updated my spreadsheet once more Meelow. Sorry to tag you twice by the way!

I added the original planned dates for the September 2018 Direct (Sep 6 2018, got the date wrong but I'll fix that in a moment). Basically what this shows is that if you consider that that Direct was only a week later due to unfortunate circumstances then the actual gap between that and the February 2019 Direct is 160 days. So, overall, the gap we have now is only very slightly larger than the previous longest gap. If it goes any further than this then we're truly in unprecedented territory.

An39bmB.png

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019

I added the original planned dates for the September 2018 Direct (Sep 6 2018, got the date wrong but I'll fix that in a moment). Basically what this shows is that if you consider that that Direct was only a week later due to unfortunate circumstances then the actual gap between that and the February 2019 Direct is 160 days. So, overall, the gap we have now is only very slightly larger than the previous longest gap. If it goes any further than this then we're truly in unprecedented territory.

An39bmB.png
If the direct goes past February 27th, it would break the record even when not considering the mini direct. There's no way we're waiting till March for a direct.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

An39bmB.png

Days Since Last General:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Square Enix is hosting a livestream on Thursday to reveal gameplay for its new AAA GAAS shlooter schmuck. Interesting. Too bad everybody will be abuzz about the new Donkey Kong Country game and Master Chief in Smash/Halo on Switch instead!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
It's ironic. The one saying to another to "enjoy your ban" is the one who gets perm'd, themselves...

Direct inbound, or not, this topic never ceases to be entertaining!

*refills popcorn bag*

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017

An39bmB.png

Nintendo Directs and the passage of time: an Unprecedented Partnership™

Plum

May 31, 2018
There are two possible things that will happen to this thread tomorrow:

1) It gets locked
2) It becomes a whole lot more interesting

Either way this thread will never be the same again.

*Inception boom*

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Something just crossed my mind, was the game Nate referred to as akin to "Mario on Playstation" ever revealed?
Or it was something I just don't consider as such?

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
RIP January Team
RIP Mandy
RIP Week of Feb 10th
RIP MP4 and BOTW in 2020
RIP My hopes
RIP ERA

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know what, I don't mind to see the longest between two direct record being broken so If we get Direct during first week of March? Would that still break the record?

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
My mother always told me to kill people with kindness.

She's a smart lady.

Also, I meant what I said about all of us being careful to label others around here. It's difficult to remain civil in any online environment because of how easily we neglect our physical selves in a digital age. Let's try and reclaim some of that decency while we're having fun. 👍

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, my bad. But did he outright say he was referring to Halo or was it just a guess?

He has since had some Halo teases after people guessed he was referring to Halo.

Like, he came into a thread randomly and said "Halo everyone!" So while he didn't confirm he was referring to Halo it's a very safe bet that he was.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Ya know what, I don't mind to see the longest between two direct record being broken so If we get Direct during first week of March? Would that still break the record?

Technically we've already broken the record for longest wait between Directs if you do count the Mini as a proper Direct (although not by much if you take into consideration the September 2018 Direct's delay). It happening on the first Thursday of March would put the wait at 183 days which breaks the record for longest wait between General Directs if you don't count the Mini.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when zell told us he was on Team E3?

Remember when we all thought it was just a joke?
Yes and it's still a joke because he wouldn't know Nintendo's complete plan until E3. Last year he learned about the February Direct 5 days before. Hell I bet not even Nintendo know their entire line up since games get delayed internally all the time.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there like a slight chance we will get Nier Automata on Switch? That would be a huge game for me. In terms of third party releases I want to see stuff like Mass Effect Trilogy, Nier Automata; Rage 2, Fallout 3/4 whatever. I feel all of these are very possible but on the other hand also equally unlikely because of how third parties are investing their resources elsewhere. It's also time we get to see some more third party games that are made with the Switch in mind first and foremost. I hope this direct will deliver on at least some of this stuff. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will have a solid first party lineup as usual but I'm expecting that already so there will be no surprise there.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.