• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Nintendo pushing a Pokemon spin-off remake more than fucking Animal Crossing. They're on a roll. Let TPC tweet about that shit.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
There is literally zero chance that a direct mini is shadow dropped on a Saturday. Stop it
we're past the realm of zero chances

there was zero chance of us not getting a Direct by now, but look at where we are

patterns are dead

that said I don't think we're getting anything on the weekend either

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really, I don't get why Nintendo is being so secretive about Animal Crossing at this point. We're in mid February, release date is just around the corner and very limited info is avaliable. It's their biggest gun for this year's first half and been should have been more hyped at this point.

If I was a shareholder, would ask why they're holding back their line-up like this as it's clearly generating doubt, anxiety and uncertainty, to the point some are even considering they have nothing to show.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I mean, AC might also have been there but it might be embargoed until a later date.

Still. I know I sound entitled and whatever, but it annoys me how they're practically refusing to advertise the only big game on the schedule thus far. Instead, Pokemon is getting all the love with Home, Mystery Dungeon, and Sword and Shield DLC. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Pokemon fans, but throw the rest of us a bone already Nintendo!

Last edited:

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Really, I don't get why Nintendo is being so secretive about Animal Crossing at this point. We're in mid February, release date is just around the corner and very limited info is avaliable. It's their biggest gun for this year's first half and been should have been more hyped at this point.

If I was a shareholder, would ask why they're holding back their line-up like this as it's clearly generating doubt, anxiety and uncertainty, to the point some are even considering they have nothing to show.

But look at the eshop charts, it's already selling very well and it's 5 weeks away.
I want more info as well but I think they know better than us how to sell a game.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Still. I know I sound entitled and whatever, but it annoys me how they're practically refusing to advertise the only big game on the schedule this far. Instead, Pokemon is getting all the love with Home, Mystery Dungeon, and Sword and Shield DLC. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Pokemon fans, but throw the rest of us a bone already Nintendo!
Nah, I agree. It's strange how they've thrown AC preorders out there without revealing more information ahead of time. It's weird how a week after that we still have nothing. It's just plain weird, there's no way around it.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wake up to see Dark Cloud in the penalty box? Direct fever is getting the best of us.

BTW, Happy Valentines Day!

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Direct would take attention away from the Switch successor so I believe they might put them on hold until 2024.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Next week is 90% going to be an AC Direct if anything. 13th was our last real chance for a General Direct before March.

Minis are complete wildcards but it's best not to expect one, since otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts at the top of every hour.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Next week is 90% going to be an AC Direct if anything. 13th was our last real chance for a General Direct before March.

Minis are complete wildcards but it's best not to expect one, since otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts at the top of every hour.

Yeah I think next week animal crossing and maybe early march we get a direct.
Which really is only a few weeks so it's not too bad

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo: ALRIGHT IT'S TIME TO DROP THIS GENERAL DIRECT YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!

And they did exactly that, because "drop" in this case means "cancel".

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Man, everyone gave up on the February Direct dream already, huh? I'd say a Direct next Thursday is more likely than not.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's some sort of AC embargo lifting on the 20th, which is when the Direct would air.

Also they have not done a General Direct past the second week of a month in over 7 years.
Would an AC direct need an embargo to be lifted? I mean it just means people who have a review game can talk about it now. But the date does seem suspicious, yeah.

Hm, that's an even stronger point...

Urgh at this point I just wish I could have something I can look forward to :/

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
The calendar is too bare right now, such that this thread sees more activity than anywhere else on this site.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
The calendar is too bare right now, such that this thread sees more activity than anywhere else on this site.

Yeah going into this year we had a bunch of games from march onwards and people were expecting PS5 news this month.
But now a lot of games have been delayed and there's no news from any of the big 3 on anything.
I think when we look back it will be a great year but it is very slow right now.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
yeah we've been told 2020 will be fine and that we should relax, but right now the year looks absolutely dire

edit: I mean, shit, there's a chance as implied above that Animal Crossing is completely barebones. with no Nintendo info, tons of delays, PS5 nowhere is sight, 2020 seems like an awful year for video games right now, though it'll likely be better by June

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
yeah as said above if this is loads i'm really worried about this game

I don't know. I'd rather have some surprises to a game than being spoonfed every single piece of info beforehand (see Pokémon). Of course the game is gonna have stores and stuff, it'd be asinine to take that out. The way they're gonna implement I'd rather not know.
There's emotes in the game, they're unlockables, but I don't want to know how to unlock them etc.
I'd say there's enough info at the moment for day one buyers. And the embargo lifts on Feb 20 so there's probably loads of impressions after that.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a meme now, but I don't understand how "this will take attention away from *other thing*" talking point is still genuinely used by some people after Nintendo announced freaking BotW2 at the E3 right before LA's release.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Thinking positively Nintendo could be delaying the Direct as they have to line up with some mega third party announcements .. could be

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I don't know. I'd rather have some surprises to a game than being spoonfed every single piece of info beforehand (see Pokémon). Of course the game is gonna have stores and stuff, it'd be asinine to take that out. The way they're gonna implement I'd rather not know.
There's emotes in the game, they're unlockables, but I don't want to know how to unlock them etc.
I'd say there's enough info at the moment for day one buyers. And the embargo lifts on Feb 20 so there's probably loads of impressions after that.
The fact that the game is selling outrageous numbers in preorders based on assumptions has harrowing implications for players

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They can reveal main things without showing literally everything. There are a lot of differences this time, so people want to know.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
yeah we've been told 2020 will be fine and that we should relax, but right now the year looks absolutely dire

edit: I mean, shit, there's a chance as implied above that Animal Crossing is completely barebones. with no Nintendo info, tons of delays, PS5 nowhere is sight, 2020 seems like an awful year for video games right now, though it'll likely be better by June
May as well cancel video games at this point tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.