• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
They should close this thread once the final Direct of the year happens. Nothing good comes out of this thread and from Nintendo during that time period anyways.

I like that between directs it becomes a hangout place to speculate and discuss whatever Nintendo's got in the pipeline.The wait for the next direct does become a bit intense sometimes, but for a Nintendo fan, it's better than nothing during info droughts like this one.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Yeah, at the very least we'll get something similar to previous games.

Animal Crossing is one of their biggest series, they aren't going to sabotage it. Nintendo makes a lot of brain dead decisions, but destroying the core of Animal Crossing is some real "Nintendo is doomed" level of pessimism.
Arguably they destroyed what has been the core of Zelda since OOT with BOTW to great effect. I'm just worried that they won't stick the landing this time.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
You can have one game tomorrow. The options include....
  1. Animal Crossing New Horizons
  2. Breath of the Wild 2 (in it's fully completed state)
  3. Odyssey 2 (in it's fully completed state)
  4. Metroid V
  5. Traditional Paper Mario
What do you choose?
BotW2

Animal Crossing is 5-ish weeks away

I don't want Odyssey 2 that bad

My Metroid itch has been thoroughly scratched

Paper Mario probably doesn't have much left to do now that the initial novelty and jokes have been burned through

Arguably they destroyed what has been the core of Zelda since OOT with BOTW to great effect. I'm just worried that they won't stick the landing this time.
The difference between AC and Zelda is that AC's sales didn't stagnate on 3DS

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?
Breath of the Wild 2. This is because I loved the previous one and I trust that this will be just as good, if not better. Another adventure like BOTW is just too exciting for me.

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?

Definitely Zelda. Metroid would be next, unless Mario becomes Galaxy 3 instead of Odyssey 2! Next is Paper Mario. I have no interest in AC, sadly.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yes, but out of necessity for Zelda. The series was in a serious slump in sales and they had basically exhausted everything they could do with the ocarina formula. I don't think AC is there yet.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?

BOTW 2, easily. AC is only a month away, I can wait for it.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Zelda was in a slump when they changed it up, Animal Crossing isn't. It's coming off of the best selling game in the series. And, arguably, BotW took Zelda back to what it was originally about - exploration and discovery, so it wasn't destroying the core either.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?

Normally I would say Odyssey 2, but I have never played a console Animal Crossing game so I will go with that. Besides I still have Metroid and Paper Mario games in the backlog to get through first.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?
That's a legitimately difficult question. If everyone also gets to play it tomorrow, then I choose Zelda. I have a lot of friends who were fun to talk about BOTW with and that would be a fun experience to have again. If only I get the game tomorrow then probably Paper Mario. I don't have anybody around me who enjoys Paper Mario so it's existed as a personal enjoyment.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Would an AC direct need an embargo to be lifted? I mean it just means people who have a review game can talk about it now. But the date does seem suspicious, yeah.

Hm, that's an even stronger point...

Urgh at this point I just wish I could have something I can look forward to :/
it's not an embargo on reviews, but on merch that likely correlates with content they want to announce later.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
I get why Animal Crossing doesn't have the NES games for you to find anymore. But I love games that have other games that you can play in them. I wish Animal Crossing had original arcade games that you could collect. Or hell there's only a few Nintendo published Virtual boy games. That'd be a fun collectable (maybe you could have the games switch to grayscale instead of death-red).

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?

Metroid V, by a mile. We don't know that it's actually in development or what's rumored will be released. AC is real and a month away, BotW2 has been announced, and a new mario game is as certain as death and taxes.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I get why Animal Crossing doesn't have the NES games for you to find anymore. But I love games that have other games that you can play in them. I wish Animal Crossing had original arcade games that you could collect. Or hell there's only a few Nintendo published Virtual boy games. That'd be a fun collectable (maybe you could have the games switch to grayscale instead of death-red).
I know it's silly and pointless but I think if you have an NSO subscription you should be able to collect the NES and SNES games in Animal Crossing

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm actually pretty stoked at the prospect of an Animal Crossing Direct next week. Finally! Still a bummer that Pikmin 3 will have to wait tho

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
I can't see another Zelda getting released before BotW 2. We had a main Zelda game in 2017, two ports/remakes/spinoffs: one in 2018 and one in 2019. So we will probably have BotW 2 this holiday or early next year. People expecting WW/TP HD ports will have to wait. I don't think Nintendo wants to release more than 2 ports/remakes/spinoffs between main games. There's more than enough already.

Edit: Actually, I forgot about Cadence of Hyrule, so we already had 3 games after BotW. (I was counting Hyrule Warriors port and Links Awakening remake)

Last edited:

karby

Oct 27, 2017

They did add Desert Island Escape and Animal Crossing Puzzle League to New Leaf, albeit extremely late to the game. They came in with the Welcome Amiibo update a few years back, but New Leaf was already 4 years old by then, so if you weren't still playing at the time, you wouldn't have known about them at all.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Announcement for the AC Direct next tuesday, am I right? So I can leave this thread for the weekend.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
real talk what do we think the over/under is on Ori and the Will of the Wisps making it to Switch? I don't have an Xbox or a PC (i have a 2010 macbook air) to play it and am considering buying an Xbox for it.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I had a dream that we were all watching the direct live and some of the announcements were more Wii u ports, remake of Monster Hunter portable 3rd with a new weapon, Kingdom Hearts collection and KH3 but people were shitting on it since it was low resolution lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.