• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
real talk what do we think the over/under is on Ori and the Will of the Wisps making it to Switch? I don't have an Xbox or a PC (i have a 2010 macbook air) to play it and am considering buying an Xbox for it.

I don't know about the odds but I certainly hope it comes to Switch. I played the first game last fall when it launched on Switch and absolutely loved it.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But look at the eshop charts, it's already selling very well and it's 5 weeks away.
I want more info as well but I think they know better than us how to sell a game.

Not providing any info about a product isn't the best way to promote it and you don't need to be a marketing savvy to know that.

Sure, it's Animal Crossing and it's pre-ordering a lot, but it would do even better if more content were announced. All other big Switch titles, like Smash, Sw/Sh, Odyssey and BOTW, Nintendo hyped the shit out of it a few months before release, only with AC there's such secrecy.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
They did add Desert Island Escape and Animal Crossing Puzzle League to New Leaf, albeit extremely late to the game. They came in with the Welcome Amiibo update a few years back, but New Leaf was already 4 years old by then, so if you weren't still playing at the time, you wouldn't have known about them at all.
Yeah I genuinely didn't know about that! Hopefully those types of games are there at launch.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
You can have one game tomorrow. The options include....
  1. Animal Crossing New Horizons
  2. Breath of the Wild 2 (in it's fully completed state)
  3. Odyssey 2 (in it's fully completed state)
  4. Metroid V
  5. Traditional Paper Mario
What do you choose?
From this list, it's Zelda, although truthfully there's no game I'd rather have tomorrow more than Metroid Prime 4.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
real talk what do we think the over/under is on Ori and the Will of the Wisps making it to Switch? I don't have an Xbox or a PC (i have a 2010 macbook air) to play it and am considering buying an Xbox for it.

Three and a half years between Xbone and Switch, I'd imagine closer to a two year gap (maybe less if GamePass does make it's way to Switch)

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Not providing any info about a product isn't the best way to promote it and you don't need to be a marketing savvy to know that.

Sure, it's Animal Crossing and it's pre-ordering a lot, but it would do even better if more content were announced. All other big Switch titles, like Smash, Sw/Sh, Odyssey and BOTW, Nintendo hyped the shit out of it a few months before release, only with AC there's such secrecy.

There is info, not as much as we would like but clearly it doesn't matter.
And I find it hard to believe it could be selling more than it is considering we are 5 weeks out

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
There is definitely going to be some sort of Animal Crossing info dump. The game is comming in 5 weeks and we know almost nothing

SuperMario

Oct 28, 2017
I can't see another Zelda getting released before BotW 2. We had a main Zelda game in 2017, two ports/remakes/spinoffs: one in 2018 and one in 2019. So we will probably have BotW 2 this holiday or early next year. People expecting WW/TP HD ports will have to wait. I don't think Nintendo wants to release more than 2 ports/remakes/spinoffs between main games. There's more than enough already.

Edit: Actually, I forgot about Cadence of Hyrule, so we already had 3 games after BotW. (I was counting Hyrule Warriors port and Links Awakening remake)

Why must you hurt me so?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Let's try not to come close to the 400 pages over the weekend, alright? Goal should be to have this thread open until at least a Direct announcement. ;D

Congrats, if you have questions let me know, my daughter is 8 months old so I'm practically an expert.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Enjoy this time ... things get ... interesting once kids reach their teenage years.

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?

Animal Crossing. I want to get lost in a game and forget about the real world for some time. The game will bring many people comfort. I still have to beat BOTW so I am not in any rush for a sequel but I understand most people are.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the direct next week
NYF9GCh.gif

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What a startling new take this is.

Don't worry, even 10 years later you still won't know.
I mean, given the timestamps and number of posts I see from certain users, it seems they enjoy the hype of potential games more than playing them. And then they drive themselves nuts, like Nintendo owes them something if there's no direct.

My backlog is hurting right now and I'm glad there's no new games I'm aware of 😭

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
  4. Metroid V
What do you choose?
Metroid V, easy.
It's the only game (new 2D metroid) in the list that hasn't happened in a long while.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
I am on vacation next week and won't have much internet access there, so I was hoping so hard for the Direct to be this week.
Now I am a bit sad :(
Don't be, disconnect yourself from everything and when you come back go straight to the Nintendo Direct page in hopes of being pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.