• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
What happened to Panzer Dragoon and Streets of Rage 4 anyway? I'd find all this waiting a lot more reasonable if some other people got their games up on the eShop...

...how are there not more indie developers that's target this typically quiet period too?

Wasn't Celeste around this time of year? That did amazing - helped it was a solid game - but yea, I'd buy anything half decent at this point!

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
EQbJ6ksWkAAIW0_.jpg

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Panzer Dragoon and Streets of Rage 4 anyway? I'd find all this waiting a lot more reasonable if some other people got their games up on the eShop...

...how are there not more indie developers that's target this typically quiet period too?

Wasn't Celeste around this time of year? That did amazing - helped it was a solid game - but yea, I'd buy anything half decent at this point!

We've had a really weird start to the year with things getting delayed or just not talked about.

I'm really looking forward to trying Panzer Dragoon. I heard its even getting a physical release too.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I kinda want to make an avatar bet for next Thursday. I really think it'll be A general Direct, an Animal Crossing Direct seems to obvious, and that's why it won't happen.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
We've had a really weird start to the year with things getting delayed or just not talked about.

I'm really looking forward to trying Panzer Dragoon. I heard its even getting a physical release too.
That's cool, I hadn't heard that.

Yea, certainly a slow start to the year - but perhaps that's to be expected. I mean, two new console launches in the Autumn will be a change of pace!

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Is our boi Zippo still confident in his source's info about 2 Directs this month?

Because I'm kinda feeling nothing will happen until March :/

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
So, it's looking like I'll start my Switch life with BOTW, Odyssey, Tetris 99 physical edition, Astral Chain, Stardew Valley, and Mario Kart. Hmmm.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I trust Zippo's judgment, but as always take insider stuff with a grain of salt.

I'll just assume we don't get a General Direct until March and be pleasantly surprised if that isn't the case.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Man I thought for sure the fact I've been at a work thing all day would mean I miss a shadowdropped mini and I'd have a bunch of news's to csthc up on; but no.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Dragon quest is an rpg series, I've only played 11 on switch but it was fantastic.
I'd definitely look into it if you are interested in RPGs at all.

I'm definitely going to look in to more new genres of games. My current game landscape is limited (I've had to rely on other people for games up until now), so I need to fix that. Stardew Valley will be my first casual game, BOTW my first open world game outside of Minecraft and 7 Days to Die (also my first Zelda game), Astral Chain my first non-shooter action game.

Oct 6, 2019
I completely disappointed... it's been passed 163 days since the last general direct, in which there wasn't NOTHING to special. They didn't announce ANYTHING on the 2019 GOTY. We hoped for a direct on january but we got just pokemon, and smash AGAIN ( the funny thing of that is half of the people wanted just to see the last smash fighter, and then nothing else). On february we have hoped for a direct, most of us (including me) were sure of that, but nintendo didn't announce NOTHING, and you know what? I'm pretty sure that the next week we will have just a f*ck**g Ac direct and nothing else. I completely shocked, people say that we need to chill out, it will happen when it will be the time... We have waited for 2 months with just hope and hype never repaid back. I will wait untill they will show the direct, but for now I'm literally disappointed on Nintendo.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am considering buying Persona 5 Scramble in the japanese e-shop knowing Shit about japanese language and the series but yeah, this is not a drought lmao

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I'm definitely going to look in to more new genres of games. My current game landscape is limited (I've had to rely on other people for games up until now), so I need to fix that. Stardew Valley will be my first casual game, BOTW my first open world game outside of Minecraft and 7 Days to Die (also my first Zelda game), Astral Chain my first non-shooter action game.

That's cool, your list is really solid anyways but there are a lot really amazing games on switch so the list could get long if you looked at enough games lol

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I completely disappointed... it's been passed 163 days since the last general direct, in which there wasn't NOTHING to special. They didn't announce ANYTHING on the 2019 GOTY. We hoped for a direct on january but we got just pokemon, and smash AGAIN ( the funny thing of that is half of the people wanted just to see the last smash fighter, and then nothing else). On february we have hoped for a direct, most of us (including me) were sure of that, but nintendo didn't announce NOTHING, and you know what? I'm pretty sure that the next week we will have just a f*ck**g Ac direct and nothing else. I completely shocked, people say that we need to chill out, it will happen when it will be the time... We have waited for 2 months with just hope and hype never repaid back. I will wait untill they will show the direct, but for now I'm literally disappointed on Nintendo.
That's a meltdown of an epic proportion.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
This has been the hardest wait for me as well. I'm fine overall, but coming off one of the worst Switch-era Directs to date imo (sep 2019) and then going this long with so little news is very frustrating. I still recognize that it's entitlement, though.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's okay. Let it all out. I'm disappointed too.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019

Panzer Dragoon was listed as "Coming Soon" to Stadia show it should be showing up within the next month or two on Switch.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Chill DKCFan ;)

But seriously dude, chill.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Is this a copypasta?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a shadow dropped Live Direct that no one knows about and that's been going on for a couple hours until you are the first one to join the stream by a matter of luck and you catch Big N's boss off guard and he jumps straight to the chair, thanks you for joining ans starts the games presentation.

Perhaps it's happening.
Would be way more interesting if they would really start when enough people tune in but chat before that and maybe share some tips and tricks.

What about a Direct from the Past? In this one, Nintendo showcases all the games they have been releasing for the past 6 months, but in an announcement like manner for each title. They basically delay their directs 6 months from where they should have aired them.
Great combo with a sale or updates, greater combo with being influenced by the above.

"We'd also like to remind you of ARMS. There's no update or anything, but I asked Stan, who tuned in first, which old title we should highlight and he picked ARMS."

Other than more Smash Fighters, what do you guys think Sakurai's next project will be? Will we see it on the Switch?
I can see, basically, two options. Option one is that DLC isn't taking all of Sakurai's work time, so the "next" project is actually concurrent with Fighters Passes, in which case we definitely could see it on the Switch, unless it's huge. Option two is that DLC is taking all of his time; in this case, it's impossible unless Switch gets, like, DS tier lifetime, and the next project is probably the "reconceptualized Smash".

In case of option one, it's generally hard to predict Sakurai given his supposed dislike of sequels, but I would guess he would want to tackle a genre which he didn't really mess with before too much. So not a fighting game, not a platformer, not an arcade puzzler, not a rail shooter or TPS or FPS (since it's close to TPS). Did he ever make an outright RPG? I'm afraid he could go for an RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.