• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Man, Rabbids really gets janky when you hit level 3. It's clear that game was a little rushed.
Anyway, I'm slightly surprised that people think Xenoblade is June. I could see it as December easily.
As I've said before, I've got plenty to play. In fact I'm not going buy the new AC because I'm worried it will take up too much time. But I think we know the Nintendo H1 lineup. I think this is everything until the Pokemon DLC.
Which is odd. What were they going to do before the delay?

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
I've been wondering this for the last week and I'm having trouble finding any solid info:
How many Nintendo games were dated at the moment Xenoblade Chronicles 2 released?
I thought it was 0 at the time but I'm not sure. If my memory is correct, this situation is not as unprecedented as some are thinking. The only difference is AC was not in December, but March, which makes the gap a bit longer. But having no games in our future with hard dates must have happened before.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Man, Rabbids really gets janky when you hit level 3. It's clear that game was a little rushed.
Anyway, I'm slightly surprised that people think Xenoblade is June. I could see it as December easily.
As I've said before, I've got plenty to play. In fact I'm not going buy the new AC because I'm worried it will take up too much time. But I think we know the Nintendo H1 lineup. I think this is everything until the Pokemon DLC.

There is no reason for Xenoblade Chronicles to be a December game.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that ambulance game first-party? And just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean they can't do it. I mean, six months for a General Direct has never been done either.

Even ignoring the above, they easily could have done a Mini Direct to talk about old ports.

Thank you. Couldn't remember the name of the game.

Ok they have done it once during the whole Switch era and it was an eShop only game with no physical release. But for bigger releases they haven't done it and I don't see a reason why they would suddenly change their modus operandi.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
images

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I also think announcing The Stretchers outside of a Direct probably didn't do it any favors

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There are people in here that will always say Nintendo is ok, or that nintendo is doing things perfectly no matter what.

They will find a reason.

Just because they are not doing what we want doesn't mean they are doomed =P
Nintendo could EASILY release just one more game for the second semester and just be happy printing animal crossing money ...

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
They wouldn't have announced Xenoblade in Sept of 2019 if release was intended to be Dec. 2020.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Indeed, I over dramatized it. However, you have to understand that as a company it's important to appeal to as many customers as possible. So ideally, you should deliver news regarding all different kinds ofgames to attract as many people as possible. In Nintendo's scenario, if you are not a fan of Smash Bros, Pokemon and Animal Crossing, even though those are popular franchises for sure, many people like me will feel like Nintendo got nothing lately and that should not happen with a good PR strategy. Of course you cannot please everyone, but it's important to attract the vast majority of customers.

Frankly for me personally, the September direct did not appeal to me at all, so I'm in an even worse position. In my perspective Nintendo has been dead silent since E3.
I sympathise with people who aren't catered for, because I've been like that in the past with Nintendo systems for long stretches - it's not a problem for me on Switch, personally. The problem we've got is the old subjective/objective chestnut which always rears its head here. Objectively, Nintendo have had some sort of news every month since E3 and they've released a good number of games in that time, too. Subjectively, that won't appeal to everyone and it won't keep everyone happy.

And some of that news has absolutely shaped what's coming in 2020. We've been able to rule out a Pokemon RPG because we've got two Pokemon expansions coming. We know more Smash characters are planned. We know Xenoblade DE and Bravely Default 2 and high-profile indies like Axiom Verge 2 and Silksong are coming. I'm hoping for a Direct soon like most of us - but this situation isn't completely crazy, the sky isn't falling in, and we need some perspective on these things.
oh ffs

I'm officially too stupid to fucking articulate a point, I'm out
Don't take my blunt way of addressing people personally - yeah, you expressed yourself a little clumsily, but like I said in that first reply to you, I a) do want a Direct and b) I do agree that if there isn't a Direct this month we're in very unusual territory.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing about it is that they shadowdropped it, promoted it for one week, and then never talked about it ever again...
It was a hella fun game, and Nintendo sent it to die, whyyy.
yeah, I almost feel like they used it as a test to see if they could get away with that kind of promotion

a tragic, heartbreaking test

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Hmm
Sabi was confident on a Indie Direct this month.
Nintendo likes to show indies a week before GDC/Pax so we know it's probably planned for the 9-15 week.
If Nate is right and this silence is intentional by Nintendo and not a result of Covid19 then the Direct is definitely planned for this week.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Ok they have done it once during the whole Switch era and it was an eShop only game with no physical release. But for bigger releases they haven't done it and I don't see a reason why they would suddenly change their modus operandi.

That is kinda pulling 'yeah, but that doesn't count for reasons'.

Omikami

Jan 8, 2020
Hello everyone. First of all, I'd like to say sorry if my english isn't good, it is not my native language. I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Bochica, and even though I've had an account here from the beginning of the year, I never decided to post. Actually, I had some little infos about previous Direct, but as these were not particularly interesting, I never posted them.

I know that rumors and fake leaks are going well recently, as everyone is impatient, even more about Zelda. To you, I will probably only be another one random who claims having exclusive informations.

Tbh, a friend of me is working on european localizations of Nintendo livestreams, for some time already. For obvious reasons, I won't say where and since when he is employed. We met at the end of the week and have talked about zelda.

The team in charge of editing would have finished last week, which means the presentation is happening soon (there is usually, at max, 10 days before diffusion). My friend didn't work on all the presentation, the tasks being shared. In his part, there would be more infos about XC who'd propose online functionalities and in which we'd get two new regions to explore. For a release late May.

Super Metroid would also be part of it, with the only date of "2020", there probably won't be a Prime Trilogy announced during this direct. It is possible that the announcement of the Trilogy figures in another part of the Direct, but before letting you expect anything, it would be strange to set it apart from the remake, hence it's not likely to happen.

As my friend and I are both big fans of Zelda, he didn't skip the chance to detail me the teaser from the sequel which is supposed to be revealed in this presentation. I don't know where all those recent leakers have found their informations, but nothing of the sort would actually appear in this short trailer.

According to my friend, we would see one by one all the different peoples of the game after the victory: already known towns and villages would be quite the sames, without visible changes, except for Hateno village which would be way bigger and have more inhabitants. Everywhere in the field would be built tiny houses inhabited by farmers (as he told this to me, I immediately had the picture of 2014's teaser in my mind). He explained to me that the trailer was speeding eventually, at the end, where an earthquake would disturb the peace of the different peoples.

Something would come to hide the sun and every descendants of the champions, each one in their town, would look up at the same time, searching for the reason of this darkening : Hyrule Castle would be lifted into the air. In parallel of the first teaser at E3, a series of similar pictures would come to end it, the only moments where we would actually see Link and Zelda. No title were indicated, only a "Holidays 2020".

He also told me of Ori and Mass Effect specifically, because he was surprised to see these announced during the lineup spotlight at the end. That's honestly all about I have to give you, thanks for reading. Didn't know if it's the place to share all of this, sorry if it's not the case...

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Hmm
Sabi was confident on a Indie Direct this month.
Nintendo likes to show indies a week before GDC/Pax so we know it's probably planned for the 9-15 week.
If Nate is right and this silence is intentional by Nintendo and not a result of Covid19 then the Direct is definitely planned for this week.

Yeah the GDC thing does indicate that the Indies was planned for next week probably.

Man if we get that before a General people are going to flip (more than usual, that is)

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hello everyone. First of all, I'd like to say sorry if my english isn't good, it is not my native language. I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Bochica, and even though I've had an account here from the beginning of the year, I never decided to post. Actually, I had some little infos about previous Direct, but as these were not particularly interesting, I never posted them.

I know that rumors and fake leaks are going well recently, as everyone is impatient, even more about Zelda. To you, I will probably only be another one random who claims having exclusive informations.

Tbh, a friend of me is working on european localizations of Nintendo livestreams, for some time already. For obvious reasons, I won't say where and since when he is employed. We met at the end of the week and have talked about zelda.

The team in charge of editing would have finished last week, which means the presentation is happening soon (there is usually, at max, 10 days before diffusion). My friend didn't work on all the presentation, the tasks being shared. In his part, there would be more infos about XC who'd propose online functionalities and in which we'd get two new regions to explore. For a release late May.

Super Metroid would also be part of it, with the only date of "2020", there probably won't be a Prime Trilogy announced during this direct. It is possible that the announcement of the Trilogy figures in another part of the Direct, but before letting you expect anything, it would be strange to set it apart from the remake, hence it's not likely to happen.

As my friend and I are both big fans of Zelda, he didn't skip the chance to detail me the teaser from the sequel which is supposed to be revealed in this presentation. I don't know where all those recent leakers have found their informations, but nothing of the sort would actually appear in this short trailer.

According to my friend, we would see one by one all the different peoples of the game after the victory: already known towns and villages would be quite the sames, without visible changes, except for Hateno village which would be way bigger and have more inhabitants. Everywhere in the field would be built tiny houses inhabited by farmers (as he told this to me, I immediately had the picture of 2014's teaser in my mind). He explained to me that the trailer was speeding eventually, at the end, where an earthquake would disturb the peace of the different peoples.

Something would come to hide the sun and every descendants of the champions, each one in their town, would look up at the same time, searching for the reason of this darkening : Hyrule Castle would be lifted into the air. In parallel of the first teaser at E3, a series of similar pictures would come to end it, the only moments where we would actually see Link and Zelda. No title iswere indicated, only a "Holidays 2020".

He also told me of Ori and Mass Effect specifically, because he was surprised to see these announced during the lineup spotlight at the end. That's honestly all about I have to give you, Keading. Didn't know if it's the place to share all of this, sorry if it's not the case...

I mean, this is probably fake, but hey, it's something other than direct begging.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019

Something would come to hide the sun and every descendants of the champions, each one in their town, would look up at the same time, searching for the reason of this darkening : Hyrule Castle would be lifted into the air. In parallel of the first teaser at E3, a series of similar pictures would come to end it, the only moments where we would actually see Link and Zelda. No title were indicated, only a "Holidays 2020".

He also told me of Ori and Mass Effect specifically, because he was surprised to see these announced during the lineup spotlight at the end. That's honestly all about I have to give you, thanks for reading. Didn't know if it's the place to share all of this, sorry if it's not the case...

I think you need to get yourself verified, else I'm fairly sure this is ban-worthy. Just a heads up.

As far as the info, nothing's that out of place. A Super Metroid remake being the next 2D Metroid would not be recieved well though...

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

I hope you are vetted or you will be banned.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

you going to need to get verified. this place isn't that kind (you going be banned) to those who post fake "leaks" like other places

Omikami

Jan 8, 2020
Don't need to be rough, just wanted to share some things. I'm new to ResetEra and I thought this would be the place for it. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019

I'm pretty sure Nintendo localizes in house?

also I'd be VERY surprised if "nothing changes" in terms of villages. one of their main challenges with this sequel will be differentiation.

but thanks for changing things up in here lol

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but just because I'm too desperate that I can take any new info and turn it into a fantasy

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Don't need to be rough, just wanted to share some things. I'm new to ResetEra and I thought this would be the place for it. Sorry for any inconveniences.
It's just that you need to be verified if you want to share things like this. And if you're not verified, no one is really going to take you seriously, and you'll likely catch a ban.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA

I look forward to seeing this for myself... or you taking the ban.

Either way--color me intrigued.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki

Out of curiosity anything on Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.