• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
How is it to soon for BotW2?
The first one was 5 Years in development, with:
New engine, 2 platforms, new artstyle, new gameplay concepts, creating a huge map.
Botw2: engine, artstyle, map, assets, all already there, only one platform.

3 years compared to 5 sounds about right.
The game is will be ready, but Nintendo likes to sell hardware with mainline Zelda. I think they sit on it for Switch Pro release.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
She's not being.specific about those ports/remakes being 1st or third party but insane here is:

TMS (port), SM3DW (port), Pikmin 3 (port), Xenoblade (remastered port), Pokemon MD (remake), TW101 (port) and perhaps MPT (port).

That implies that perhaps there's 1 or 2 extra ports/remakes coming that we aren't aware of.

Things are quiet on the Etrian Odyssey front, think we might see an Untold? That'd strictly be a remake, although if it were Untold 3 it'd also sort of be a new game - and Atlus might want to test the Etrian waters on Switch with a remake before considering going for a completely new title.

Edit: Ooops, transferring to the new thread.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
Things are quiet on the Etrian Odyssey front, think we might see an Untold? That'd strictly be a remake, although if it were Untold 3 it'd also sort of be a new game - and Atlus might want to test the Etrian waters on Switch with a remake before considering going for a completely new title.

Edit: Ooops, transferring to the new thread.
How would that even work on switch? Would it be handheld mode only? Or would they take away the mapping function?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
How would that even work on switch? Would it be handheld mode only? Or would they take away the mapping function?

It's very much a 'wait and see' thing, but Atlus did make it clear they'd want the series to continue beyond the 3DS, so on just about any platform (other than mobile, I guess) they'd have to answer these questions.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
There was way too much unnecessary negativity in this thread for me.

It used to be that the negative people were mostly the "I bought the system only for Nintendo exclusives", but now it has gotten far, far worse and these have been joined by lots of "I bought the system only for a specific type of Nintendo game and nothing else is good enough for me" plus the "remakes and ports (even if I haven't played the original) are garbage, but good or even god tier if they are for another system" crowd, and so the chances for any remotely positive views and discussion about any year from them are virtually null.

So much negativity, I am officially putting this thread (and the next one) on ignore, I have no doubt that this is going to be yet another great year for me and for anyone with a reasonably open mind.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
That doesn't sound so exciting. :/

I think there is some big stuff that she is lefting out cause she is emphasizing on multiple games of 1 categorie. So if like Zelda come out this year dont think she will say "good think to be an adventurer". She seems more careful and doesn't leak everything now. Also she definitely doesnt know the lineup for the whole year since it's probably not entirely clear now for Nintendo either.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Well that was more boring than I thought.
Back to hoping for a general Direct in OT7!

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

My overall expectations for Switch software this year:

- Good year to be a plumber.
- Solid year to be an RPG fan. (Xenoblade, BravelyDefault2).
- INSANE year to re-play old games (HD remasters, deluxe ports, remakes).
- Decent year for more casual games. (AC = casual)

Hm, wonder if more remasters have popped up on the radar for her as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.