• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't really get why everyone thinks this all of the sudden throws everything out the window and all bets are off. The direct is still the standard thursday morning time. It was still announnced tuesday, just a little later. It's not far off from when directs are announced Wednesday morning for a thursday afternoon one. Plus there have been weirder things for directs. The ac pocket camp one was at like 9pm est I think. This really doesn't all of the sudden make a general the second half of the month super likely.
Plus honestly having a direct the day of pax starting doesn't really make sense. They aren't going to have one when people are in the middle of playing demos for ac and stuff.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
So who's on Team March Direct now?

I was expecting a regular direct with a Animal Crossing influence, but with us getting an Animal Crossing focused direct, that probably completes Nintendo's lineup for the first half of the year (I could maybe see Xenoblade Definitive Edition in May?)

But ultimately, with Animal Crossing being near release and having all they need to say about it, I don't imagine they'll have a lot to share in terms of reveals for a general direct this month.

Feels like the perfect time for a Direct Mini, that's a format they really should utilize more.
They can't wait until e3 to just reveal all the big games coming out from june on. There is going to be a non mini general direct either march or maybe april and reveal probably at least two games for the second half, going through september...maybe October.

Oct 27, 2017
They can't wait until e3 to just reveal all the big games coming out from june on. There is going to be a non mini heneral direct either march or maybe april and reveal probably at least two games for the second half, going through september...maybe October.

Agreed, but I was more so inferring that I can't imagine we'll be getting any more big releases for the next coming months. Maybe something at the end of June?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, but I was more so inferring that I can't imagine we'll be getting any more big releases for the next coming months. Maybe something at the end of June?
If the direct is like march 5th, I could see a kind of big game end of june. They don't do really short reveal to launch windows outside of wii u ports. That isn't just a pattern either, it's for marketing.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
There better be a game by the end of June, if Nintendo goes from november to July (or later) with only 1 new game I'll be very dissapointed

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I could see the splatoon spinoff being a late june game. Makes sense with timing of splatoon and wouldn't be as major as an actual splatoon 3.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to finally get a Direct of some kind, even if it's just for Animal Crossing. Hopefully next week will finally be the long fabled general Direct.

ivandlspozas

Jan 28, 2019
To be clear: I'm not guessing at anything. I've only said I believe an early March Direct makes sense for them, if they have a late April release. They may not have one.
One question. You don't know if there will be a game in April. Then, how do you know that H1 will be good and that good stuff will start in March? Do you know the games but not the release dates?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Can't wait to see the strong note that H1 will end on!

talking about Emily's comment on Twitter, if that isn't clear

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, weird.

Also, I guess the 8 Ball wasn't wrong, but I don't want to give it credit for two cop-out answers.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see the strong note that H1 will end on!

talking about Emily's comment on Twitter, if that isn't clear
I think a direct would have to be first week of march then. A new big game would be later june and that could be a near 4 month turn around. They aren't revealing a new big game to have out within a couple months.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Word on the street is that Metroid Prime Trilogy is part of a double pack with Star Fox Grand Prix.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hey, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons getting a dedicated Direct, this means that the next Direct will assuredly be a general one. And at this point, we'd only have to wait 4 months at most for it.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Don't have to pretend...
giphy.gif

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Emily said on twitter that "end of H1 2020 (May/June) ends on a somewhat strong note" And "there's a really good one (game) coming in that timeframe."
twitter.com

Emily Rogers on Twitter

“@CartridgeGames @ConsumeProgeny People just need to take a deep breath and relax. End of H1 2020 (May/June) ends on a somewhat strong note.”
And Nate expects a game at the end of April. Which is just speculation from his end though, but I can see it happening.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Emily said on twitter that "end of H1 2020 (May/June) ends on a somewhat strong note" And "there's a really good one (game) coming in that timeframe."
twitter.com

Emily Rogers on Twitter

“@CartridgeGames @ConsumeProgeny People just need to take a deep breath and relax. End of H1 2020 (May/June) ends on a somewhat strong note.”
Shouldn't that game be announced already?

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
People just need to patient.

It's crazy for someone to think that Nintendo only has Animal Crossing from March through late June.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not giving out any info.

I'm just going to say wait and see what Nintendo announces for the rest of the year.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hey, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons getting a dedicated Direct, this means that the next Direct will assuredly be a general one. And at this point, we'd only have to wait 4 months at most for it.

and just because there's no direct doesn't mean there won't be new game announcements. Pre-2012 Nintendo didn't do directs at all and the games still were still announced throughout the year just fine

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Q2 will be pretty exciting; Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Famicom Detective Club Part I, Xenoblade DE and Paper Mario will be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.