• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
nJOCt4I.png

jt8HH1.png

(was gonna use MS Paint but opted for flaming text dot com :])

I have never made an ERA thread before and I don't think I ever will again. But by the power of the gods, I have ensured that I was OP of OT7. This may prove to be our shortest thread yet but will be the thread that delivers us salvation. Maybe. After the whirlwind of OT5, OT6 lasted much longer and has been an at times pretty wild ride, but I'm proud to grab the baton for one last sprint - or maybe just another crazy sprint, who reallt knows at least.

A little bit about myself before we proceed. I wear shoe size 11.5 (sometimes buy 12s but depends on the shoe).

Anyway, that's all I can think of.

Enormous thank you to MondoMega for the awesome banners and another thank you to the previous OPs of these threads for compiling most of the below info. My job was pretty darn easy thanks to their work and the fact that you all get the gist by now.

pJ3L5dw.png

With that out of the way, I'd like to do as skittzo0413 and honor the formalities this thread's history. In his own words:
It's kind of a unique beast on ResetERA, and NintendoERA members early in the site's lifetime worked long and hard to get a reliable and official safe haven like this where we can run rampant with speculation. That said, there are some rules, moral and behavioral standards, and general guidelines that are needed for this thread to be the best and most fun place it can be.

The Official permission grant from Nibel establishing the thread's purpose:
One point I'd like to address: while there will be ultimately some kind of overlap between 1st party discussions and Direct discussions, I imagine the Direct thread would be more focused on speculation, possible leaks and rumors than this one. It would basically be a thread to contain "all the madness" in one place to keep this thread more level-headed and on-topic.

We've discussed to have a dedicated thread after Moon's suggestion yesterday and came to the conclusion that this might work for the best going forward. So: if anybody is interested to make that thread, they are officially allowed to do so.

Only thing I'd like to ask for is that the OP keeps the opening post updated and tries to keep up with the discussion/speculation.

The founding Charter from the first OP Kevin360 :
The purpose of this thread:

To better contain the madness of ResetERA's Nintendo Direct speculation, and keep it relatively separate from the Nintendo First-Party thread.

As a general rule, let's try to avoid too much "reset the clock" type posts, until of course, we have a really good reason to think it's time to actually be resetting the clock. Madness must have some modicum of reasoning, you know?

ALSO: DO NOT MESSAGE/HARASS AND TAG 'INSIDERS' (this should go without saying, but they've alluded these things crossing the line)

A wise approach by Furtive Pygmy on how to treat insiders and inside information (now with spellcheck!):
This is my approach:
1) Don't blindly trust in anything insiders say. Take it as information of yet to be confirmed validity and a basis for further speculation, nothing more.
2) If it doesn't pan out, deal with it. It doesn't affect you in any way, either way.
3) If it does pan out, great. It's not like that means they should be put on a pedestal.
4) Don't insult or harass them. Just move on and draw your own conclusions on whether or not you still want to listen to what they have to say.
Just my 0.02$.

Don't insult or harass anyone. It's completely unnecessary and not what this thread is about. If we all act mindfully we can continue to keep these threads going, and I for one don't particularly want to see them stop.

K6UsbaL.png

Venture Beat is reporting that Nintendo is planning to have a Nintendo Direct on or around March 26th, and an indie presentation on or around March 18th. With the indie presentation for March 18 in Japan confirmed, next week is now our best (?) bet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ve...o-direct-the-week-after.174379/#post-29784302

CONFIRMED GAMES FOR 2020
This year so far….
Animal Crossing: New Horizons – March 20th
Trials of Mana - April 24th
The Wonderful 101: Remastered - April for Kickstarter Backers, May (19 for US, 22 Europe), June 11 in Japan
Minecraft Dungeons - April
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Famicom Detective Club Remakes - (JP only)
No More Heroes III
The Outer Worlds
DOOM Eternal
Bravely Default II
Deadly Premonition 2
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Gods & Monsters
Rune Factory 5
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

CONFIRMED DLC FOR 2020
Expand your favorite games…
Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Isle of Armor – June 2020
Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Crown Tundra – Fall 2020
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Fighters Pass Vol. 2 - 2020 & 2021
DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Multiplayer DLC

CONFIRMED GAMES IN GENERAL
They're coming, but when…?
Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – announced at E3 2019
Shin Megami Tensei V – announced at Switch Presentation 2017, "active development"
Bayonetta 3 – announced at Game Awards 2017, development "going well"
Metroid Prime 4 – announced in 2017 E3, rebooted in January 2019 with Retro
Pikmin 4 - confirmed in development at E3 2015, but not seen at all. insider has hinted it was rebooted
Detective Pikachu - announced at Pokemon conference May 2019
Hollow Knight: Silksong - announced in February 2019

RUMORED GAMES
From Credible Sources…
Pikmin 3 - Wii U port delayed to add new single player content
Super Mario 3D World - Wii U port
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD – some fuckery is going on, perhaps due to the delay of Prime 4. Consensus seems to be that it's still coming though.
2D Metroid –reports seem to be conflicted on if it's a remake or a brand-new game
Paper Mario - hinted at by insiders, reason to be "hopeful" (return to form? Remaster of first two?)
Halo – coming to the switch in some form. What game though? Hasn't been said.
The World Ends With You 2 - should be coming this year, and not only to Switch
Catherine: Full Body- rated for Switch in Korea
XCOM 2- rated for Switch in Korea

HEAVILY SPECULATED GAMES
NintendoERA's own repeated predictions, born from our great wisdom....
Super Mario Odyssey 2 – following a Galaxy 2 pattern, likely to be an iterative sequel coming soon
Super Mario Party 2 – Mario Party usually gets put out quickly, 2 years since the first
Kirby - series is usually pretty frequent, and was absent last year with the exception of an F2P game. Star Allies was early 2018. We should get a new mainline entry or experimental spinoff this year
Splatoon Spinoff – the time is ripe for one with Splatoon 3 not coming soon, and that cryptic SOS image….
Mario Golf – probably what Camelot has been up to since Mario Tennis Aces
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - This would depend on when BotW2 is coming. If it's delayed past 2020, this could take it's spot
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Same as above. Nintendo wants a Zelda every year, we think. If no BotW2, a port is likely.
Game from the Mario Kart team - their last game was ARMS in Summer 2017. Their next project should be at least showable. As for what it is, who knows?

UNLIKELY GAMES AT THE MOMENT
You'll have to wait a little longer...
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wii U port. With Xenoblade DE coming, they likely don't want to oversaturate
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes - The DLC for SwSh probably rules out any retail main series Pokemon release this year
Splatoon 3 - It's been said by the developers that it's not in development. A big part of this is because they have been working on Animal Crossing.
Donkey Kong Country - Retro is busy on Prime 4, and Tropical Freeze was likely ported to hold the series over

Thanks to Plum for this excellent chart.

KDA8H5O.png

lYs5SGO.png

Nintendo First Party Thread – A thread that's a little calmer than this one. More dedicated to discussing upcoming titles than the chaos of staring at twitter pages on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.

Switch Rumor Archive – A pretty good catalog of rumors that that get discussed. Not the most up to date but good enough for a minor debriefing for those not following closely.

Nintendo of America Twitter - Direct announcements will occur here at 9 AM EDT (or 10 AM EST).

Nintendo Direct Archive - Head here to watch any previous direct, or just look at the general direct schedule

NintendoEra Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/rEXr9tC

PREVIOUS THREADS

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT2| Reset The Thread

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT3| Nintendo Direct Speculation Trilogy HD

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT4| The Sequel to OT3 is Now in Development.

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT5| But why? OT4 Was Still Selling...

Nintendo Direct Specutalion |OT6| OT7 Has Been Rated in Korea

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019
Here's a chart comparing the average time between messages in the Nintendo Direct Speculation OTs. Seem we were finna crazy in February, but have calmed down now.
Code:
+-----+--------+--------+--------------------+
| #   | Start  | End    | Time btwn messages |
| OT1 | Feb 27 | Apr 9  |  2 mins 57 seconds |
| OT2 | Apr 9  | Nov 26 | 16 mins 37 seconds |
| OT3 | Nov 26 | Jan 12 |  3 mins 24 seconds |
| OT4 | Jan 12 | Feb 5  |  1 mins 44 seconds |
| OT5 | Feb 5  | Feb 18 |         57 seconds |
| OT6 | Feb 18 | Mar 17 |  2 mins  5 seconds |

Edit: Now updated for OT6! You can see the despair starting to kick in.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
NMH III available for wishlisting on the eShop

Pls tell me we're getting something at the Direct

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
We've got an indies showcase in half an hour (edit: the indies showcase is not, in fact, in half an hour), which is a great start to the thread.

Let's make this thread blessed, not cursed.

Last edited:

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's obvious COVID-19 is going to have a big impact on games. While many studios are shifting to a WFH strategy, the lack of instant communication and interaction with coworkers will slow down game development for a time until they can adjust to it. That said, I have no doubt Nintendo's April-July releases will come out as normal.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
btw chase beck if we get a Direct soon you'll probably be OP for a pretty long time, because the thread will probably slow the fuck down for a couple months after

then again, with E3 up in the air who knows

OP
OP
chase beck

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
btw chase beck if we get a Direct soon you'll probably be OP for a pretty long time, because the thread will probably slow the fuck down for a couple months after

then again, with E3 up in the air who knows
Yeah this is gonna be really interesting to see. Could be OT2-2, maybe OT4-2, but god forbid OT5-2.

I'm finally free from the burden of OP.

Thank you all.
Thank you for being OP! It was a pretty strange thread but thanks for sticking it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.