• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've only just woken up so I'm sure it's already been said, but I think the direct is on April 1st, as Platinum have teased their 4th announcement for then and it would be a week's postponement on the direct, which makes sense in the uncertain circumstances.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty dumb but being on week 2 of working from home due to the virus I could use a Direct. It's only been 10 days but I already feel like in a shitty version of Groundhog's Day lol. Gimme something cool to look forward plzzzzz.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Just take the info for games releasing in April/May/June/July, that'll be enough for if it is a mini direct today.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I've only just woken up so I'm sure it's already been said, but I think the direct is on April 1st, as Platinum have teased their 4th announcement for then and it would be a week's postponement on the direct, which makes sense in the uncertain circumstances.
I've been speculating about PG's fourth announcement being Bayo related for a bit, so yeah, I could see that. Cursed date, but you work with what you have, I guess.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
It's pretty dumb but being on week 2 of working from home due to the virus I could use a Direct. It's only been 10 days but I already feel like in a shitty version of Groundhog's Day lol. Gimme something cool to look forward plzzzzz.

Spain as well?
I'm literally doing push-ups and shadow boxing in my living room like an inmate from one of those American movies. A Nintendo direct with a juicy shadowdrop will be more than welcome.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
Oh I didn't know that we already had a date for the last Platinum announcement.
I don't think it's direct related but it's nice to know that next week we are getting at least one announcement.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Spain as well?
I'm literally doing push-ups and shadow boxing in my living room like an inmate from one of those American movies. A Nintendo direct with a juicy shadowdrop will be more than welcome.
Nah, France. I've taken an off day yesterday because I have a bunch to take before the end of May and I've been sitting more bored than when I'm working from home. Fuck me haha.

Yeah, a shadowdrop for something I'd enjoy would be a cool thing to get for sure.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
Spain as well?
That makes 3 Spaniards in this thread (?).

I bought fitness boxing for the Switch the day my boss told us we'd be working from home

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Jeff said it wouldn't be a mini. If I'm gonna believe him that a Direct is today, I'm gonna also believe him when he says it's not a mini.

I guess the question is...when could they drop this thing? I suppose the most likely answer is for their 1st tweet slot?

Assuming it's still happening, what time do y'all think it will be today?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

10 days? Pff, I'm in the 15th or 16th day of lockdown, I'm not even sure anymore.

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
The vast majority of games announced at directs don't have release dates. BotW2 doesn't have a release date yet. Should it have skipped E3? Xenoblade HD is due very soon and it doesn't have a release date. Should it be unannounced?

It's not ridiculous at all to expect a buisness to regularly communicate with their customers.

Snowballing on this, I am almost certain digital sales are at an all time high this week which may be enough for Nintendo to release digital versions of their titles with a TBD physical release. If they did it would be a win for everyone, i'm willing to bet they'd even sell more as some would purchase both the digital and physical copy.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Jeff said it wouldn't be a mini. If I'm gonna believe him that a Direct is today, I'm gonna also believe him when he says it's not a mini.

I guess the question is...when could they drop this thing? I suppose the most likely answer is for their 1st tweet slot?

I think we could expect something at 3PM CET, 5 hours and 10 minutes from now.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Very highly unlikely if not totally impossible.
If they gave a date, there's no direct related to it on the same date.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Assuming it's happening, I think it's gonna be a morning announcement (per the "pattern") but with an evening airing, putting it at 27th for Japan and maybe Europe but 26th for US.

Oct 31, 2017
I am, I think Jeff knows more than he is willing to share. That's probably why he is so sure about it happening
For someone in his position to so publicly double-down, it means something. When he talks about how them canceling would be shitty to the devs who need the marketing that should basically confirm he's talked to at least a few devs who directly said 3/26. Could be canceled, but even then that wouldn't make him wrong, that would make it 'plans change'.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
For someone in his position to so publicly double-down, it means something. When he talks about how them canceling would be shitty to the devs who need the marketing that should basically confirm he's talked to at least a few devs who directly said 3/26. Could be canceled, but even then that wouldn't make him wrong, that would make it 'plans change'.
To me it reads like some of his sources are third parties which were to be featured in a 26/3 Direct and not aware of any cancellation/postponement a few hours ago.

Jan 26, 2019
Just woke up and don't have time to scroll through a bazillion pages because I'm heading into the office - but has there been any consensus on if the NWR report from last night about Jedi Academy releasing on the Canadian eShop today still holds true, and if that means it is going to drop unannounced if a Direct isn't shadow-dropped?

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Just woke up and don't have time to scroll through a bazillion pages because I'm heading into the office - but has there been any consensus on if the NWR report from last night about Jedi Academy releasing on the Canadian eShop today still holds true, and if that means it is going to drop unannounced if a Direct isn't shadow-dropped?
We don't know, but it seems likely that it will be released either way, also on Playstation. Very weird that it might not get announced in the Direct (because we don't know if it will happen at all)

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
I think Jeff doubling down means that there was a planned Direct for today, but that it has changed and his sources didn't know about it. We won't see it today, and it won't happen this week. It's a shame, though, I really wanted to see that sweet, sweet, Jedi Knight III shadowdrop.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

The game has released on PSN in several territories. So far, no page is up on European / US eShop. There's just the Canadian one but the game hasn't been released there to my knowledge.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

2 weeks? Wait until you hit 7 weeks ;P

I was sick and working from home for 5 weeks, and as of 2 weeks we're not allowed to work at the office...

So basically I've seen nothing but my own walls for the last 7 weeks outside of when I needed to go shop groceries hehe.

But I hear ya, something to look forward to right now would do a lot for the mental wellbeing, basically every single thing I was looking forward to in 2020 has been or is getting cancelled.. a direct would do me well :P

SuperSysom

Oct 27, 2017
Saudi Arabia

It's sure nice... Having hopes and all... :'(

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A shadowdropped Direct would both surprise me and also don't surprise me. Why? Because on one hand Nintendo seems to like some "patterns" in their marketing, yet on the other hand they've done even more random things out of the blue.

It's like when you watch the famous Leroy Jenkins video for the first time. You think "looks like this raid group keeps holding to it's strategy and this is going to be an 'expected' video", and then, boom, one player's char stands up, player yells a name in a pretty epic way in the mic and goes YOLO into a room full of enemies.

Only question as of now is: Will Nintendo go LEROOOOOY JENKINS, or not?

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I just realized that a shadowdropped Direct doesn't break any patterns.
It's a general Direct in Q1. (every year had a Direct in Q1)
It's on the second half of the month but it's technically not a normal Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.