• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I might agree with you if this had been released in January. If we don't get the first proper direct of the year until June then when can we expect the next major release after AC? September? Later?

Makes me wonder what the hell they would have done if AC didn't need to be delayed.

It's just videogames. Nintendo are obviously working on games all the time, some of which could be closer to release than we realise.

There are bigger things going on right now. Take a step back.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.youtube.com

Shinsekai: Into the Depths - Launch Trailer | Nintendo Switch | Apple Arcade

Take a deep breath and start your journey of survival and deep-sea exploration in Shinsekai: Into the Depths!Available now on #NintendoSwitch alongside a fre...

Shinsekai. That Apple Arcade game.

The game is actually pretty cool. People forget that not everything on Apple Arcade is "mobile trash". Sayonara Wild Hearts was a launch title for example.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Let me see...

Where is Zelda?
Where is Bayonetta 3?
Where is that series with a woman in a robotic suit? I can´t remember the name

I do get it is a Mini one and not a general but also, any update on No More Heroes 3, a game that is supposedly coming out this year, neither the more than rumored Wii U ports and the one more thing was about the Pokemon DLC. Are you fucking kidding me?

What a giant piece of crap.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
As long as they're not harassing devs or doing other bullshit like that then why not just allow people to complain and be disappointed? Trying to police everyone so that only positive thoughts are allowed will never work.

We've got folks here un-ironically saying that others are "terrible people," for not enjoying the Direct. That shit's ridiculous in my eyes.

That's fair, but to be clear that's not what I'm saying. I just wish people would watch it through after the amount of time / energy we all put into anticipating it. I totally understand that someone could walk away super disappointed, especially after participating in the speculation. However, seeing blatantly incorrect posts like "not a single first party announcement" posted by someone who couldn't have possibly watched through the direct yet comes off as just looking to start something to me.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I opened this thread less than 10 minutes into the release of a 25 minute direct and saw a number of already disappointed "that's all?" posts. To those people: y'all pine over something for weeks and then don't even give it the time of day before shifting directly into complaining? C'mon now.
Well... it was hard to not see everything. They reeleased all trailers into my youtube feed , i needed to look for the direct. Also, on the nintendo side there was a list of all headlines and stuff, so... in the first 2 minutes you had the overview if there would be something big.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
If Animal Crossing was not released in 2020 like originally planned this year could have been a whole lot worse.What a happy coincidence for Nintendo.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Update to RingFit, 2K collections, more Pokemon info, ARMS char in SSBU (first extra char I will buy), MOTHERBITCHIN Panzer Dragoon Remake!!!, Jedi Academy

This was one GOOD "Mini" Direct!

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Let me see...

Where is Zelda?
Where is Bayonetta 3?
Where is that series with a woman in a robotic suit? I can´t remember the name

I do get it is a Mini one and not a general but also, any update on No More Heroes 3, a game that is supposedly coming out this year, neither the more than rumored Wii U ports and the one more thing was about the Pokemon DLC. Are you fucking kidding me?

What a giant piece of crap.
Seriously? Those things will be at E3's direct. This is just covering between now and then.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
XENOBLADE LOOKED AMAZING FAMS

I'M SO EXCITED :D

I'm surprised we didn't see any Wii U ports, though!

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I'm wondering about the Harker direct.

Personally I'm kinda disappointed, was hoping for at least 3dworld or pikmin 3.

Also no new (old) Square Enix games

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
That was a fine Direct. Not much that interests me but plenty of great games coming to hold people over until June's E3 Direct.

Xenoblade and Animal Crossing will hold me over by themselves.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I said in January it was far too early to determine COVID's impact on publishing and development timelines.

Now we know. There is likely quite a bit of unnannounced content coming to Switch this year, but it's best for everyone if you assume that it will be delayed months after its original timeline. It's not cause for panic or a question of did those things exist; it simply means that you will have to enjoy what's already been released and understand that the world is slowing to a crawl.

Things will eventually resume some kind of regular schedule, but I'm wishing those companies take all the time in the world to stay healthy.

On the other hand stuff like this is planned so far in advance that the likelihood that things would have been so much better if only COVID wasn't here seems very small. They literally had to put in a quick "shit might change, everyone," warning in the start because everything has come in so fast recently; that doesn't indicate, to me, a gigantic change in content. There's also still a fair chance that Nintendo just doesn't have much to show this year which, considering 2018 and how that year was pretty much just Smash and Mario Party, is a possibility.

Either way I don't think it's good to make it out that people disappointed in this Direct are morally in the wrong due to the pandemic. You can still be disappointed in what is happening whilst still acknowledging the reasons behind it.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
It's just videogames. Nintendo are obviously working on games all the time, some of which could be closer to release than we realise.

There are bigger things going on right now. Take a step back.

It's okay to be disappointed in lackluster video game announcements on a video game forum.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Well... it was hard to not see everything. They reeleased all trailers into my youtube feed , i needed to look for the direct. Also, on the nintendo side there was a list of all headlines and stuff, so... in the first 2 minutes you had the overview if there would be something big.

Ah fair, NOA is dripfeeding the trailers (still only have posted 2) but it looks like other regions didn't follow suit.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If Animal Crossing was not released in 2020 like originally planned this year could have been a whole lot worse.What a happy coincidence for Nintendo.

That's not how it works. They likely pushed back some releases when they delayed AC. Or possibly delayed AC not because it wasn't done, but because they wanted a big game to release now.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair, but to be clear that's not what I'm saying. I just wish people would watch it through after the amount of time / energy we all put into anticipating it. I totally understand that someone could walk away super disappointed, especially after participating in the speculation. However, seeing blatantly incorrect posts like "not a single first party announcement" posted by someone who couldn't have possibly watched through the direct yet comes off as just looking to start something to me.
I get that, but why bother sitting through games you know you're not gonna get? I had no reason to watch the Xenoblade, Catherine, Ninjara, or Bravely Default segments.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I'm just hoping those 2k ports are reasonably priced. Overall not the strongest showing but there were a lot of shadowdrops.

Ninjala is looking really good! But I said the same thing about Bleeding Edge and it didn't turn out amazing.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a second note, this was actually pretty okay for a mini.
I still think a normal direct would've been better after 6 month, but what can you do. Covid gonna Covid.
I have AC, Panzer Dragoon and the BD 2 demo now, Trials of Mana next month and Xenoblade remake (not remaster) in May.
I just hope that the next big boy direct, whenever that is, will be juicy as fuck to make up for the long break.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I get that, but why bother sitting through games you know you're not gonna get? I had no reason to watch the Xenoblade, Catherine, Ninjara, or Bravely Default segments.

I guess I'm just used to doing it from watching them live lol, plus I love the way these threads go when that's the case. Seeing everyone's reactions on a granular level to each announcement, etc.. and these early hot takes of "garbage!" just kind of soured that. But I hear ya, fair point!

Plum

May 31, 2018

You don't really need to watch the entire Direct to know what's in it; this ain't livestreamed after all.

Like for me I really don't care about Bravely Default 2 so I just skipped that section entirely. There is a chance that watching the few original headlines might have made you play those games but that's much less the case when stuff like "Borderlands, Bioshock and Xcom 2 coming to Switch" can be summed up in a single headline.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Really excited about the RingFit update. Love rhythm games and a freerun jogging mode was my absolute number 1 want from this game since it was announced.

Sep 29, 2019
Not gonna lie? I actually liked the direct a lot! Not what i was expecting, but didn't necessarily disappoint me. This means more, bigger games for a future general, full-length Nintendo Direct. I did not expect 2K to announce Borderlands with all the 3 games included, pretty nice!

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Ah fair, NOA is dripfeeding the trailers (still only have posted 2) but it looks like other regions didn't follow suit.
Jep, i have NOA , NOE and NOJ added (dont know why), and one of them pushed all out at once.
And expections someone, who does not see stuff hes interested to watch half an hour comercial...well.

Shure, some were to bad (to dismissive, to high expectations), but here are enough people that only want to hear great things said about nintendo, that it gets hard to feel like their in the wrong, its just a shit throwing contest with some people here.

And i cant be bad withpeople, when they dont see "Good Job" and "51 games" as the games they want from nintendo. (Im actually happy to see smaller games from them, even if they dont seem to be... as creative as i hope them to be...)

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is in pretty sure this was gonna be their first half of the year line up regardless of Rona. They really just...didn't have much going on. Hence going seven months without a general direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.