• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
The Mini direct gave me everything I was looking for.

Except Golden Sun news, but I sadly have accepted that fate.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
"Come on Nintendo show us something! Anything I beg you!"
::Shows 25 min nintendo direct::
" Eww"
its understandable why people are upset. They didn't announce a single new retail first party game and we're three months into the year. We are barely any more illuminated and 2020's Nintendo lineup than we were yesterday. It changed pretty much nothing

Oct 28, 2019
Hey everyone

Just to clarify, my source originally told me that there was going to be a Direct at the end of February.

My source is right 99.9% of the time and anyone who follows me on Twitter knows I've successfully 'leaked' plenty of stuff in the past: since I generally don't like leak culture though, I tend to hide my leaks in tweets until they're announced, then reveal them after the fact, just as a bit of fun to let people know I knew.

Obviously, the Direct didn't happen and my source then told me it had been moved back to the end of March. These things happen. I mentioned this on Twitter last week and again yesterday but by today it seemed clear (to me at least) that the Direct was due to be cancelled due to the coronavirus, despite me knowing about a "relatively big" game releasing today.

I wasn't expecting a Mini Direct out of nowhere, but that at least proved I was right about the fact that a game was due to launch today as one of the "surprise, it's out today" reveals.

And it wasn't Jedi Academy, it was Panzer 🙂

Usually I'm not one for petty arguments like this, but just wanted to pop in and address the whole "he isn't an insider" thing: I've been a games journalist for nearly 14 years (including six years at the UK Official Nintendo Magazine) so I absolutely do have reputable sources. I just don't like leaking things that often because I prefer people getting the surprise.

Hope that clears things up, and hope you're all keeping safe during these times ❤️

Chris Scullion

Thought the replies this afternoon were ridiculously harsh given another user here also had a source telling them of a Direct in late February - and people were quick to denounce any form of vitriol towards them. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond and take care.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
The investors meeting this year is later than expected so I expect a general direct somewhere in April still or early May. I think they shuffled a lot of games just in case the bigger games get delayed but as it stands, Japan isn't in lock down and from impressions in the Media Create threads life seems to be normal. I don't think development is delayed at the moment but there is uncertainty about future developments.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Wut? 0-o
Did somebody leak today's Direct??? Do you have a link or screenshots for that?
KeliosFR, aka Pokekalos, was the first to mention March 26th back in February.

Nintendo Direct Mini confirmed, shadowdrop on Youtube this afternoon (less than 6 hours now) :)
There's a confirmed direct in June, they are already working on it (with some big announcements). See ya ^^

He seems to have actual, reliable sources. Don't harass him please.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
The next super smash character will arrive....in june.

That would be quite compatible with a june direct reveal (+ character available the same day) regardless of E3.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
its understandable why people are upset. They didn't announce a single new retail first party game and we're three months into the year. We are barely any more illuminated and 2020's Nintendo lineup than we were yesterday. It changed pretty much nothing
Actually you know Nintendo's 2020 1st party lineup for like half of the year now. It's more DLC, updates, Good Job, 51 Classics, and Xenoblade. You also know the third party lineup for the first half of the year. Not sure how nothing changed

xrxtzz

Jan 12, 2020
Damn I can't wait to play XBC DE (never played XBC but really enjoyed XBC2 before). So I've decided to play the 3DS version and hopefully I can complete the game before XBCDE release.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but maybe Nintendo is pushing Arms again to distract from an emptier lineup?

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
This direct was very solid considering the times. Nintendo has so much left to show so I wonder if they will put all of the content in a June direct or split it up. Since E3 is cancelled I could see them having an early May general direct and then an Early July general direct. Hopefully the Outlook on the disease is much more manageable in the next month or so and Nintendo doesn't have to further delay any plans they have for this year and 2021.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely nothing excited me aside from the Bioshock collection because my wife, who has never played any of them, has been waiting for the Switch collection.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
If they got the direct right today back on feb 14th, it seems like they are very reliable. Literally no one pegged march 26th back then.
yes it does, and if he said we're getting a June direct on Feb 14, there's a good chance that was the plan then. Doesn't mean it's the plan now with the COVID situation

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone

Just to clarify, my source originally told me that there was going to be a Direct at the end of February.

My source is right 99.9% of the time and anyone who follows me on Twitter knows I've successfully 'leaked' plenty of stuff in the past: since I generally don't like leak culture though, I tend to hide my leaks in tweets until they're announced, then reveal them after the fact, just as a bit of fun to let people know I knew.

Obviously, the Direct didn't happen and my source then told me it had been moved back to the end of March. These things happen. I mentioned this on Twitter last week and again yesterday but by today it seemed clear (to me at least) that the Direct was due to be cancelled due to the coronavirus, despite me knowing about a "relatively big" game releasing today.

I wasn't expecting a Mini Direct out of nowhere, but that at least proved I was right about the fact that a game was due to launch today as one of the "surprise, it's out today" reveals.

And it wasn't Jedi Academy, it was Panzer 🙂

Usually I'm not one for petty arguments like this, but just wanted to pop in and address the whole "he isn't an insider" thing: I've been a games journalist for nearly 14 years (including six years at the UK Official Nintendo Magazine) so I absolutely do have reputable sources. I just don't like leaking things that often because I prefer people getting the surprise.

Hope that clears things up, and hope you're all keeping safe during these times ❤

Chris Scullion
No worries, and thanks for responding. I'm sorry if it came across as questioning your credibility; it was more that a lot of people in here took your tweet to mean there was no Direct today, and I was advising them to not overreact and immediately jump to that conclusion (I know, lol...) because nobody bats 1.000 on these things, even insiders.

While you're in here (since this has been a hot topic) if you had to guess why the Direct was pushed from late-February to late-March, do you think this was as a result of COVID-19, wanting to wait for after Animal Crossing released, or a combination of both/other factors?

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
There will be another one before the E3 one more than likely. You saw the corona virus thing at the start. They probably wanna wait until they can give concrete dates.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
The fact it was only a mini Direct disappointed me. It means no new EPD game in the first half of the year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.