• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reviewing the line-up again ... TMS #FE, Trials of Mana, XenoblaDE, Trails of Cold Steel III, Catherine: Full Body and Bravely Default II + whatever might be announced additionally... Yeah, this is a pretty good year already. Cool, cool.
agreed. i have more than enough to play on my switch. would love some capcom games though (where is onimusha 2?)

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Both critically and commercially, if I might add. With stars like Takamaru of Super Mario Maker 2 fame, and Lip from the world renowned Captain Rainbow, it would be hard for them to mess this one up. The party genre in particular is a goldmine for success, as we can see with the record sales of games like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Intelligent Systems really ought to give Panel de Pon/Puzzle League another shot as a budget eShop game, and this time keep Lip and the fairies for all regions.

Last edited:

LaserBits

Jan 27, 2018
I think they flat-out denied it in a shareholder meeting. Now, i'm really no expert in those shareholder stuff and laws, but i think it's a crime lying to your shareholders on purpose? So in this case a denial is really a full and flat-out denial.
Probably you are right. Though it's way more fun to just let a little door open for new stuff speculation ;)

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, congrats, and thanks for showing up. Do you have any comments on the mini mismatch, or is that going to be sealed in Heck?

The reason I said it wasn't a mini is because of the games I thought Nintendo was showing up with. I don't know why Nintendo is holding back on its 2020 lineup, but my guess is the same as everyone else's: playing it safe in an uncertain environment due to COVID-19.

My guess is that Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is the only other big release until the faux-E3, and then the other games I'm hearing about will follow quickly after that. The good news there is that it should be a pretty darn packed summer Direct as long as development doesn't get too disrupted.

That said, I'm not trying to get your expectations sky high. I don't think this year is going to match 2017, and Nintendo is going to continue relying on HD remasters -- but maybe in a bigger way that ever before.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
they just started working on the port but they bothered to have it rated last year? that'd be a weird situation

It IS a weird situation.
It was rated by the Brazilian board in early 2019,
on reveal trailer, they used PC footage,
they didn't give any target release window, just tentative 2020,
and only on EA site, they put a price tag of $50, $10 more than launch prices of Xbox/PS4 versions. No pricing info on either eShop pages.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
HD Remasters... Bigger than before...

Wind Waker Remaster with the cut content restored and included CONFIRMED!

J/K ^^ Don't take this serious.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dream bigger: Skyward Sword remake in the BotW engine, with a new prequel "Goddess' war against Demise" and epilogue "Building of Hyrule"!

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It IS a weird situation.
It was rated by the Brazilian board in early 2019,
on reveal trailer, they used PC footage,
they didn't give any target release window, just tentative 2020,
and only on EA site, they put a price tag of $50, $10 more than launch prices of Xbox/PS4 versions. No pricing info on either eShop pages.

I think Burnout Paradise is coming relatively soon, but I'm not positive.

But you know what an even weirder situation for EA would be? If it finally released a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster later this year, but not on Switch ....

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The reason I said it wasn't a mini is because of the games I thought Nintendo was showing up with. I don't know why Nintendo is holding back on its 2020 lineup, but my guess is the same as everyone else's: playing it safe in an uncertain environment due to COVID-19.

My guess is that Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is the only other big release until the faux-E3, and then the other games I'm hearing about will follow quickly after that. The good news there is that it should be a pretty darn packed summer Direct as long as development doesn't get too disrupted.

That said, I'm not trying to get your expectations sky high. I don't think this year is going to match 2017, and Nintendo is going to continue relying on HD remasters -- but maybe in a bigger way that ever before.
hopefully as many gamecube
wii
And 3ds games get the xenoblade treatment as possible

kid icarus uprising hd please

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
that's not weird, that's a perfectly reasonable expectation from EA

Not completely, a full EA move would be releasing a full Mass Effect Trilogy remaster on every system but Switch, while previously having announced a simple port of Mass Effect 3 Special Edition for Switch, to be released on the very same day, cheaper than the ME3 port.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020

I'll take this as DEFINITE PROOF that there'll be a Super Mario Sunshine remaster and I'll be sad and blame you if it doesn't happen.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think Burnout Paradise is coming relatively soon, but I'm not positive.

But you know what an even weirder situation for EA would be? If it finally released a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster later this year, but not on Switch ....

They did promise some remasters to release this year, but I doubt it's Mass Effect as there's no new game coming soon to use it as a promotion for. This is EA, they never do anything without a reason.

Something more mainstream (yes, more mainstream than Mass Effect) maybe. Battlefield Bad Company Collection?

But there are hints that their Nintendo support will continue, including porting their engine, Frostbite.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

That you thought they were showing up with, or that you heard they were showing up with?

Because you seemed pretty definitive, when most of your information (if not all) seemed to come from third party sources (which made a Mini perfectly fine, especially as it was mostly ports).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Emily Rogers has said before that she believes 2020 would be about on par with 2019, although with perhaps a different focus (I believe she mentioned more RPGs, for example). Would you agree with that sentiment, or do you feel 2020 will be a bit below 2019 as well (of course, in your opinion: none of this can be stated with full objectivity since it concerns perceived game relevance and hype)?

Status
Not open for further replies.