• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omg a new battle system. Shit I was going to hold out playing FC until after I beat the main campaign. Damn this makes it sooooo harddddddd

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
Well, Amazon Mexico had listing for Yakuza 0 for Switch earlier this year. And they're pretty legit about these leaks, they have leaked RPG Maker MV and Spyro Trilogy before they were announced.

...what?! How did I miss that? But I thought Yakuza won't be coming to the Switch because of the Wii U version! i hope my post won't age badly.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Nintendo will tell investors if we can expect a Direct in June next week. They always confirm the obvious E3 Direct at the May investors' briefing, except there is no E3 and the world is on fire so it's not so obvious this year.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
When you're a pessimist, you're either always right or pleasantly surprised

Given the current crisis I think it's fair in this case. Regardless of how good or bad this year would have been it's assuredly been made worse now. I've already resigned myself to having nothing to look forward to until next year.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Amazon Mexico had listing for Yakuza 0 for Switch earlier this year. And they're pretty legit about these leaks, they have leaked RPG Maker MV and Spyro Trilogy before they were announced.
cFY6iqg.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo will confirm at the investors meeting what their plan is because we always know E3 is coming. Nintendo makes their "official E3 plans" by mid May. Next week is already May 8. Either they'll confirm they still will have some kind of "E3 presentation" or they'll say they have change of plans

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I would be so shocked if Yakuza came to Switch. Isn't the creator (director? He literally looks like a Yakuza lol) against porting the series to the Switch? Him and Harada from Namco are just weird and annoying when it comes to deciding what games can come to the Switch.

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
I would be so shocked if Yakuza came to Switch. Isn't the creator (director? He literally looks like a Yakuza lol) against porting the series to the Switch? Him and Harada from Namco are just weird and annoying when it comes to deciding what games can come to the Switch.

He said that in 2018 (?) I believe, when nobody had a clue how successful the console's gonna be He changed his tone in early 2019 when he said that a port wasn't considered "for now" (Note: it wasn't announced or released for the Xbox at that moment). Obviously unsure if it's gonna happen, but I wouldn't really be shocked, maybe a bit surprised.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
He said that in 2018 (?) I believe, when nobody had a clue how successful the console's gonna be He changed his tone in early 2019 when he said that a port wasn't considered "for now" (Note: it wasn't announced or released for the Xbox at that moment). Obviously unsure if it's gonna happen, but I wouldn't really be shocked, maybe a bit surprised.
The reason why I would be shocked is because I'm really pessimistic when it comes to Bandai, Sega and Atlus lol. They are perhaps the most stubborn companies especially Sega/Atlus when it comes to porting certain games to other platforms.

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
The reason why I would be shocked is because I'm really pessimistic when it comes to Bandai, Sega and Atlus lol. They are perhaps the most stubborn companies especially Sega/Atlus when it comes to porting certain games to other platforms.

Well, that I can agree with. It's straight up baffling at times but I just don't really give a damn anymore, if they don't want my money that's fine too. not like they really need it, but still lmao.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Well, money talks. Yakuza 1&2 HD came to Wii U with Nintendo involvement (Iwata even appeared together with Nagoshi in the Direct) and if they pay for the port, Sega won't say no to easy money. Pretty sure MS also paid for the ports.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Well, money talks. Yakuza 1&2 HD came to Wii U with Nintendo involvement (Iwata even appeared together with Nagoshi in the Direct) and if they pay for the port, Sega won't say no to easy money. Pretty sure MS also paid for the ports.
This is where it puzzles me. I'm sure Yakuza would sell decent if not great. In fact, I would predict that it would sell better than Xbox. Third party sales on Switch are nothing to scoff at. Maybe they just want to get paid as you said.

Sometimes I get jealous of PlayStation with how they get third party games so easily lol.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
0, Kiwami, and 3-5 would run fine on Switch, so it's not impossible that some of these make it over. However Kiwami 2, 6, and 7 would need some serious reworking to run on Switch's hardware, so I wouldn't be expecting those at all. I wonder which titles would end up getting ported?

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
If Ubisoft, an enormous multinational corporation with over 15,000 employees can manage to collaborate from their homes well enough to reveal a AAA multiplat title tomorrow then I'm not sure why everyone thinks Nintendo is unable to announce a few Mario remasters by June.

I think it's the overall planning that is delaying things rather than the act of announcing anything. They need to figure out what games will be delayed and for how long and so what games originally planned for 2020 will need to be pushed back.

I think Nintendo isn't announcing it's 2020 lineup because they don't know what it is.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the overall planning that is delaying things rather than the act of announcing anything. They need to figure out what games will be delayed and for how long and so what games originally planned for 2020 will need to be pushed back.

I think Nintendo isn't announcing it's 2020 lineup because they don't know what it is.

I absolutely agree that is why they haven't announced anything yet and why it might still be a while before they do, but people have been floating the idea that they won't even announce anything until late summer or even Fall.

At a certain point they'll need to nail down a schedule and begin marketing the games in that schedule, so them going through June without announcing any H2 titles seems very unlikely.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I have a funky feeling we're gonna get some Nintendo info dropped tomorrow. Maybe an announcement for their E3 replacement plans or even a game announcement or something

I'm 100% not an insider, literally just a feeling.
You heard it here first, folks. Nintendo Direct Mini Shadowdrop 2: Electric Boogaloo, coming tomorrow morning!

Edit: Wait... a FUNKY feeling you say? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
You heard it here first, folks. Nintendo Direct Mini Shadowdrop 2: Electric Boogaloo, coming tomorrow morning!

Edit: Wait... a FUNKY feeling you say? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Well I was right about the last direct being a mini shadowdrop.

But that one had actual evidence to back it up and not just my gut.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
0, Kiwami, and 3-5 would run fine on Switch, so it's not impossible that some of these make it over. However Kiwami 2, 6, and 7 would need some serious reworking to run on Switch's hardware, so I wouldn't be expecting those at all. I wonder which titles would end up getting ported?
Let me hit you with this: Switch gets Ishin because Nintendo pays for the loc, because samurai games are popular and Nintendo wants some of that

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yiss.

Speaking of - Retro has been hiring a boatload lately. I wonder if we have any realistic numbers for how many are employed now
They're roughly around 115 people. Reminder they probably have a second game coming (F-Zero I think). He heard it was almost done last year. It would've made sense for Nintendo to reveal it at this years E3. They like to reveal Retro's games at E3. I just can't see how you almost make it to the end and it collapsed.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
That direct ain't happening.

I expect Nintendo to make that known soon(ish)

I don't believe they'll have a whole summer with ZERO releases besides Catherine. That's basically killing the whole momentum. Even though there won't be any news about upcoming first party games, we should have a third party focused one instead.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe they'll have a whole summer with ZERO releases besides Catherine. That's basically killing the whole momentum. Even though there won't be any news about upcoming first party games, we should have a third party focused one instead.
They don't need a direct to announce games. They have Youtube, twitter, Instagram, etc to do it

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

I'm talking about a June Direct, not about them not having games.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I think they could end up with a three or four month first-party drought after Clubhouse Games, given the circumstances we're in

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
They're roughly around 115 people. Reminder they probably have a second game coming (F-Zero I think). He heard it was almost done last year. It would've made sense for Nintendo to reveal it at this years E3. They like to reveal Retro's games at E3. I just can't see how you almost make it to the end and it collapsed.

Yeah, I've kept my Avatar this long because I really don't think whatever it was was canned. It still doesn't make sense to me. Also, if the previous project was a failure, rapidly scaling up the studio seems counter intuitive? I would think scaling up with new talent would only happen if the group were strong and stable.

Curious - why do you think FZero? Just guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.