• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the next Direct have Breath Of The Wild 2 news?

• Yes

Votes: 374 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 285 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol just saw the thread about comparing Neil to the likes of Miyamoto.

Do people actually forget what Miyamoto has done for the industry?
You should see some of the posts. Dudes talking about "what has Miyamoto done for me lately". We have to hear how Neil has won more GOTY awards than everyone else so he's better.

Jun 19, 2020
Druckmann is nowhere near Miyamoto imo

On top of his design track record I greatly admire how well Miyamoto has handled the recent transitions of power within Nintendo. He doesn't have the veto power he used to but he can and does still happily advise other devs to help however he can. It's refreshing relative to a lot of people with great power in this industry who can't take any criticism or change.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Lol just saw the thread about comparing Neil to the likes of Miyamoto.

Do people actually forget what Miyamoto has done for the industry?
While That thread is something.

it did make me reailze how many talented people aren't recognized for their achievements or work compared to a few Who are front and center. Director and producers seem to be The ones that get all the credit. Then theirs actors and composers who are also recognized after those 2 positions.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
So when are we expecting the 3D Mario Collection announcement, per Nate's recent speculation? I'm thinking no earlier than last week of July and no later than first two weeks of August.

Nov 8, 2017
Man, Nintendo better be delivering some news soon. We are halfway done with the year, and I'm uncomfortable in trusting Paper Mario: TOK will save me. I need additional encouragement.

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
I'm waiting until June is over (only 2 more days), so I can get some Square Enix announcements. And maybe a faint hope of any announcements from Nintendo.
I'm waiting until Square Enix announces the physical version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition for Southeast Asia since it's unknown whether or not the Japanese version has English built in or not (or even better, make the physical version available in North America and Europe). And I'm secretly hoping for some Dragon Quest news, like a progress report on Dragon Quest XII, or maybe a Western localisation of the Dragon Quest Dai game, or another remastered version of Dragon Quest VIII that I hear people requesting like crazy, etc.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Man, Nintendo better be delivering some news soon. We are halfway done with the year, and I'm uncomfortable in trusting Paper Mario: TOK will save me. I need additional encouragement.
Agreed. I expect Paper Mario to be at least an 8/10 and at best a 9/10, and the 3D Collection has me excited beyond belief, but I'm still starved. My eyes have been glued to Microsoft for the past few weeks as we approach what is supposedly an excellent July showcase.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. The highlights of speculation in here are a collection of relatively low effort remasters and a couple Wii U ports. Unless marketing picks up and reveals something more, this end of year is looking pretttttty trash.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Yeah. The highlights of speculation in here are a collection of relatively low effort remasters and a couple Wii U ports. Until marketing picks up, this end of year is looking pretttttty trash.
fact: our only major new core "gamer" games for the year is a Paper Mario game that countless people have bitched about and will continue to bitch about and a game that's literally named "New Pokémon Snap"

if you aren't into Animal Crossing this year has been the trough of ho hum

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure the New Pokémon snap game is actually called "New Pokémon Snap"?

I thought the "New" part was just a placeholder for an actual title. I mean I don't really care if it's called "New Pokémon snap" but it's just the impression that I got.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Are we sure the New Pokémon snap game is actually called "New Pokémon Snap"?

I thought the "New" part was just a placeholder for an actual title. I mean I don't really care if it's called "New Pokémon snap" but it's just the impression that I got.
placeholder titles don't usually get fully designed logos but I would be delighted to be wrong

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Wonder if Nate has any idea what state these remasters will take, or if he just knows that they're coming...

This is going to be a terribly disappointing reveal for some (like myself) if it's just the same games in 1080p.
I've discussed what to expect from them before on here -- and in greater detail on my podcast.

Basics being: Mario 64 likely a similar case as we have seen with Turok/Doom 64 to Switch.

It may be time to invite Grubb back to my show and discuss Nintendo's 2020 plans and marketing approach, thus far.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm close to caving in to buying a Wii U just for those two games.

I can't imagine we won't see these games a bit later on on Switch. Nintendo has exercised it's Wii U porting muscles countless times now with great success.

I've discussed what to expect from them before on here -- and in greater detail on my podcast.

Basics being: Mario 64 likely a similar case as we have seen with Turok/Doom 64 to Switch.

I see - I'll have a listen to the podcast. I would have hoped for a bit more for an N64 game. This is sounding more like a novel collectors item than something I'd be personally excited to play. I remember most of these games too well

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It may be time to invite Grubb back to my show and discuss Nintendo's 2020 plans and marketing approach, thus far.
Yes please invite him back. I like listening to him.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
If Mario 64 is in fact a fairly simple remaster as Nate says, that's just more evidence that the collection isn't Nintendo's holiday title.

Dare I say, this seems like a hint to me.
Haha, nah. More timely in the sense that they are silent and discussing their marketing approach for 2020, thus far, would be a fine topic now as we are building to Paper Mario.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
NateDrake I don't suppose the Mario 64 used is the DS version? Because we've played the N64 original a billion times across at least 3 systems (N64, Wii VC, Wii U VC), while the DS version is fairly newer and aside from an awkward Wii U VC release, never had a proper console release, and with true analogue stick support to boot. Plus it has far more content. They can even remake the mini-games for portable mode.

Mar 17, 2019
NateDrake I don't suppose the Mario 64 used is the DS version? Because we've played the N64 original a billion times across at least 3 systems (N64, Wii VC, Wii U VC), while the DS version is fairly newer and aside from an awkward Wii U VC release, never had a proper console release, and with true analogue stick support to boot. Plus it has far more content. They can even remake the mini-games for portable mode.

I havent thought about the DS version but that would be a great idea! fix the controls a little bit, add the minigames and that would be perfect!

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I havent thought about the DS version but that would be a great idea! fix the controls a little bit, add the minigames and that would be perfect!
Even a 1080p up-res of DS would be eons preferable. I would hope they could at least clean up the visuals a bit, like adding texture filtering which would make a huge difference.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I don't know, the DS version always felt off to me. I'm not just referring to the awful controls. Give me the original in widescreen and full HD. I don't need or want the DS extras.

Jun 19, 2020
I don't know, the DS version always felt off to me. I'm not just referring to the awful controls. Give me the original in widescreen and full HD. I don't need or want the DS extras.

Same. I won't begrudge anyone else for being interested in it as an option, but it should only be exactly that at most, a separate option in the menu, not forced on anyone.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I believe it is based on the N64 version, though them using the DS would be a better decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.