• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the next Direct have Breath Of The Wild 2 news?

• Yes

Votes: 374 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 285 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Nintendo doesn't need to buy any JP company. Nor any american one (although you can make the argument for NLG given how integrated they are at this point I guess).
A european dev would really be nice though, as most EU devs aren't interested in going to JP or USA.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo doesn't need to buy any JP company. Nor any american one (although you can make the argument for NLG given how integrated they are at this point I guess).
A european dev would really be nice though, as most EU devs aren't interested in going to JP or USA.

They could always expand NERD to do game development as well.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
So the presentation went from before Paper Mario to now around Paper Mario? Does it remain between the 10th and 19th or are we entering 20th range?

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
Do we have any idea of the content in this rumored presentation? Would it be Mario focused or rather a general update on first party titles?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nate's been acting like this since Kelios brought it up. Like I said yesterday you can read between the lines.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
Next week would be an interesting time for a Direct. Gives them time to do one last push for Paper Mario before launch. The question is what content could be on a theoretical direct for next week if they are attempting to remain uncommitted because of CODVID-19.

AKA, what are their August and September titles, and are they direct worthy enough to push an entire direct? And also, would they be willing to finalize their holiday season titles general launch window this early on?

Jun 5, 2018
I assume around the sixteenth means two days before or after. We did hear it should be before the 20th and as of now these two points don't necessarily contradict themselves.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
You seem very skeptical Nate. Probably for reasons you are hiding something aren't you...give us the date!

Jan 2, 2018

tenor.gif

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nacon gave us 3 confirmed and 3 potential Switch games. Wonder if Ubisoft or Namco Anime will top this.

My guess: Ubisoft: Nope, Namco Anime: Yes.

Ubisoft will most likely have their announcements of late ports at future Directs and they said Gods & Monsters news will come around end of the summer (september Direct?) All we'll have on Ubi will be Just dance 2021.

Namco Anime could have few surprises. SAO AL devs hinted that a port could be announced for Switch in the future. I expect DBZ Kakarot, SAO and Code Vein to be announced there.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I also agree with Nintendo about buying studios, buying IPs is a big risky. However it seems to me they should at least increasing funding on their long term partners such as Intelligent Systems, Camelot or Next Level games. Most of those studios are known for one or two games, and while I agree IS is incredible efficient, I best most of those partners could increase their output a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.