• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the next Direct have Breath Of The Wild 2 news?

• Yes

Votes: 374 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 285 43.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I mean, who guessed a DS game from 2006 was getting a sequel before the last Mini? 51 Worldwide Classics came out of nowhere.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go in with realistic expectation. Don't over hype yourselves.

After Paper Mario release.

Don't recall what Amazon Fr had listed. I know of two games (third party) that were originally planned for E3 week that have yet to be announced but are scheduled to release this year.

is the mario collection a "realistic" expectation?

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I've no idea about Zelda BOTW2. Maybe a spring release (to celebrate the 4th year of the switch / first episode of BOTW, who knows)
Do you think BOTW2 could be in this as a secret surprise? I remember reading that last year's E3 BOTW2 tease was added in secret, no one outside of a small group at Nintendo knew about it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it hype-worthy that we get a Direct at all? And in two weeks to boot!
Not if it's like the mini or September Direct to me, neither of which had substantial and exciting first party reveals. PMTOK was legit the first brand new AAA ($60) first party game revealed since BotW2. Except RFA I guess. Ending the September direct on a remaster was disappointing, and the mini didn't reveal anything new except clubhouse games.

Now the Mario remasters would actually be exciting, but still, Something like Metroid 5, a New WarioWare, new 2D Mario....we've been in the dark on Nintendo's brand new first party projects for so long

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I've no idea about Zelda BOTW2. Maybe a spring release (to celebrate the 4th year of the switch / first episode of BOTW, who knows)
Nintendo is very secretive with Zelda. I believe Nintendo but the trailer that was in the last E3 direct in at the last minute so it wouldn't leak at all.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Go in with realistic expectation. Don't over hype yourselves.

After Paper Mario release.

Don't recall what Amazon Fr had listed. I know of two games (third party) that were originally planned for E3 week that have yet to be announced but are scheduled to release this year.

is one of them monster hunter?

Jan 2, 2018
Not if it's like the mini or September Direct to me, neither of which had substantial and exciting first party reveals. PMTOK was legit the first brand new AAA ($60) first party game revealed since BotW2. Except RFA I guess. Ending the September direct on a remaster was disappointing, and the mini didn't reveal anything new except clubhouse games.

Now the Mario remasters would actually be exciting, but still, Something like Metroid 5, a New WarioWare, new 2D Mario....we've been in the dark on Nintendo's brand new first party projects for so long

To each their own, I guess. I'm really optimistic right now. Normally we would've gotten a Direct around e3, now it's in July, so I think it'll be a good one.

Xenolam

Jun 16, 2020
I've been hearing heavy rumors about a new DK game deep in development that will be shown soon but I don't have enough confidence in my source being right about this.

Kelios have you heard anything on this subject?

Jun 5, 2018
As far as I can tell nothing has deconfirmed botw2 being here and that means this is the first time all year where the chances of it showing up are above 2%

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
To each their own, I guess. I'm really optimistic right now. Normally we would've gotten a Direct around e3, now it's in July, so I think it'll be a good one.
It'll probably have at least something cool, I mean both directs I've mentioned did. I'm usually pretty satisfied. But my expectations are just higher for this one since we've been in the dark for so long.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I've been hearing heavy rumors about a new DK game deep in development that will be shown soon but I don't have enough confidence in my source being right about this.

Kelios have you heard anything on this subject?
Just saying, you might have to be verified to share info. Not trying to be a dick, just a warning. You might get banned.

Jun 5, 2018
Either way, this place is but a small fraction of the hype all Nintendo fans have been waiting for, as odd as the company seems to be at times they know how to read a room enough to where a a full direct needs something especially when we have had nothing but crumbs.

Worst case scenario for me is fable gets revealed at the Xbox conference should botw2 be absent

Jan 2, 2018
It'll probably have at least something cool, I mean both directs I've mentioned did. I'm usually pretty satisfied. But my expectations are just higher for this one since we've been in the dark for so long.

I don't think I was ever disappointed in a Nintendo Direct, there is always something for me in there and to look forward to afterwards, and that's all I'm asking for.

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what to expect. This whole situation is so weird. We know these things take months to put together and that Nintendo told partners it wasn't doing a direct in the near future in late April.

But now they're doing one in July? How are they able to put one together so quickly? Maybe the scope of the direct is fairly limited? Like fewer announcements but with deeper dives?

Jun 5, 2018
I have no idea what to expect. This whole situation is so weird. We know these things take months to put together and that Nintendo told partners it wasn't doing a direct in the near future in late April.

But now they're doing one in July? How are they able to put one together so quickly? Maybe the scope of the direct is fairly limited? Like fewer announcements but with deeper dives?
Or perhaps it's been in the works a while, I assume it started out as what would of been shown at e3 before it was cancelled and was adjusted according to what is available to show.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet

Could be just first party games. It would be much quicker and easier to put one together if they don't have to work with outside companies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I was ever disappointed in a Nintendo Direct, there is always something for me in there and to look forward to afterwards, and that's all I'm asking for.
Yeah I get you. I always look at the bright side even if there's nothing for me. But for this one, if after so long, they still don't bring it I don't think I'll be able to help not voicing my disappointment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.