• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are people requesting a thread to have a "spoiler free" discussion about the Direct, since leaks are now anticipated in the wake of the delay following the horrific earthquake in Japan. Made upon request. Please do not share any leaks or substantiated rumors in this thread.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Which threads are the leaks being reported in? I saw the Yoshi thread but that was it.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pissed that for the next week or so I'm stuck in this thread but I guess that's what you get for wanting to avoid leaks :/ it'd be nice if there was a policy to have a spoiler thread though instead of a spoiler free thread.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
This the thread where I'm gonna deposit my remaining hype until the new date of the Direct.

*plop*

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Wouldn't it have been better to have a spoiler thread instead? To keep all the leaks off the front page? This is literally for people to just sit in for the next several days and do...what?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think what will suck the most is if leaks happen, people will downgrade the delayed direct due to the lack of surprise factor.

From everything I've heard, this direct seems to be stacked compared to what we got in March or September.
It's a shame it was delayed, but completely understandable.

I just know we'll have people rewriting history and citing this one as that 'boring' direct with no surprises when we are discussing the fall 2019 direct.

:(

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
With spidey coming out tonight, I'm considering just avoiding era and probably yt until the direct other than to check when the direct is.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
While I appreciate this thread, someone is going to make a thread of a future leak and we'll all see it.
Yeah, I'd rather have one thread for spoilers instead. So that the other discussion threads can stay "clean". This way, we'll need to force ourselves into a single thread, and I have no doubt that leaks will somehow find their way into here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Are we really that disappointed about knowing the name of that Yoshi game?
I wanted Flipping Island too but what can you do

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ideally there would be a designated Nintendo Direct leaks thread, but people will just make topics for each new leak individually anyway.

Welp. I can't avoid this one I'm afraid.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pissed that for the next week or so I'm stuck in this thread but I guess that's what you get for wanting to avoid leaks :/ it'd be nice if there was a policy to have a spoiler thread though instead of a spoiler free thread.

Wouldn't it have been better to have a spoiler thread instead? To keep all the leaks off the front page? This is literally for people to just sit in for the next several days and do...what?
I think the issue is you can't count on people to not make new threads for leaks.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Btw just a reminder to everyone here the direct is next week
https://twitter.com/thepeekybird/status/1037650199324315648

That's just based on Splatoon 2 datamine. They could have easily just moved it a whole week in order to get it out of the way ASAP, then readjust if necessary. Or the Direct and 6.0 update are happening earlier and mentioning Splatoon stuff as "next Thursday". Even if there's actually some footage that could be considered insensitive, I think they're not going to let leaks go wild for a whole week, and maybe just delay it 3-4 days to give a long enough buffer for stuff to calm down, but that's completely speculation.

Oct 25, 2017
Byt the Direct has been delayed, why create a thread?

Embargoes were supposed to expire today, and even though Nintendo probably has taken measures for scenarios like this, there will likely be some stuff that slips through the cracks because of some site or other forgetting that the official announcements got delayed.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Too true. I think this is one situation where, if you're afraid of leaks, it's best to get off the Internet for awhile.
Yeah I'm confused as to how this thread is supposed to protect people from leaks unless this is the ONLY thread you look at between now and a week from today.

Oct 25, 2017
This is useful. I'm sure any major leaks of interest will wind up on the front page anyway, but this is a unique circumstance in that it's the first Direct to be delayed, consequently the earliest in advance we've known that one is coming, and the earliest in advance that lots of others are now sitting on the information within. "Spoilers" or not, we'll need some kind of hype/discussion/containment thread anyway, or it will inevitably overwhelm the one about the earthquake.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm confused as to how this thread is supposed to protect people from leaks unless this is the ONLY thread you look at between now and a week from today.
My thinking is that you bookmark this thread and come to it directly if you want to come to Era and not see Direct leaks. Leaks can't be contained, the best you can do is create a safe zone for those who don't want to be hit by them.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people in that part of japan don't have power right now.
As shitty as it sounds, I don't see them basing their entire marketing schedule on one part of the world getting power back.

They've delayed it today because this will be the worst of it and out of respect.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
As shitty as it sounds, I don't see them basing their entire marketing schedule on one part of the world getting power back.

They've delayed it today because this will be the worst of it and out of respect.
You mean the one part of the world Nintendo is in? It's not like this is in Russia or south africa or something.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I can see it early next week at the earliest.
Best case is a weekend direct, but it may be not viable due to the weekend especially if there are live components where you need other comapnies to do stuff after the direct.

Jan 18, 2018

Id bet large sums of money that the big September Splatoon update was tied to this Direct.

They can't delay too much.

My money is a Sunday direct

Status
Not open for further replies.