Nintendo DS/3DS |OT| collecting and more

touchfuzzy

Jul 27, 2019
I've been back in to DS for the first time in years in 2019. Played and finished Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Dragon Quest IX. Working my way through Dragon Quest VIII right now. Great little system, love playing it on breaks at work.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
anyone know if there's a list of EU games that have releases with the thinner black cases? i figured with nintendo collectors being pretty obsessive about collecting that there might be a list of this stuff but i can't really seem to find anything on google other than people generally asking why cases are different or stores selling empty cases

Anarki

Oct 27, 2017
anyone know if there's a list of EU games that have releases with the thinner black cases? i figured with nintendo collectors being pretty obsessive about collecting that there might be a list of this stuff but i can't really seem to find anything on google other than people generally asking why cases are different or stores selling empty cases
Are there? I mean I don't know which cases were used in Australia, but other than that are there any other slim PAL games?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Are there? I mean I don't know which cases were used in Australia, but other than that are there any other slim PAL games?
it's funny that australia comes up because someone was saying that nintendo published their games in the black cases there but third party generally reused their EU sized cases, in the uk i think some later reprints use the black cases because my copies of 42 All Time Classics, Tetris DS, and New Super Mario Bros all have the black cases which when i originally bought them 12-13 years ago all had the thicker clear cases

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea that the slimmer black cases saw release in Europe. I hated the fat EU cases so I’d always import from the US.

zoboomafoo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey (3)DS fanatics! I have a pretty substantial collection too, and I've started looking more into imports now that my 3DS is region-free.

I'm looking for games I can play with no Japanese knowledge, so music games are a pretty good bet. I already have Dragon Quest Theathrythm, and I was now looking into Daigasso! Band Brothers P. Would it be okay with zero japanese knowledge, or should I opt for its predecessor that was localized in Europe as Jam with the Band?

Thanks!

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
Hey (3)DS fanatics! I have a pretty substantial collection too, and I've started looking more into imports now that my 3DS is region-free.

I'm looking for games I can play with no Japanese knowledge, so music games are a pretty good bet. I already have Dragon Quest Theathrythm, and I was now looking into Daigasso! Band Brothers P. Would it be okay with zero japanese knowledge, or should I opt for its predecessor that was localized in Europe as Jam with the Band?

Thanks!
Band Brothers menu can be confusing but it's playable without any Japanese knowledge. Out of my Japanese games I'd recommend rythm heaven (physical copy), the sega classic collection (the 3 games box set) and the taiko games

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Thanks!
Personally I'd skip Daigasso but that's just my opinion.

I'd eco grabbing any of the taiko drum master games and the 3 Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives collections (the one the USA got was Vol 2). I'd also add getting Ex Troopers as another locked in japan game worth giving a shot.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I've never met the Sega Development Team in my life, but to me they look like a bunch of slackers!!

:-D

I mean, the menu, HUD etc are all in English. Just get their Administrative Teams [or get Nintendo's Administrative team] to get certification, press releases and get it out there for Western markets.
While they're at it localize and/or it re-localize the Shining Force series for the west.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
I have a 3DS I'm going to sell on eBay. It has all the ambassador games installed as well as a few other regular games. There is no NNID connected to the system. That means the buyer will be able to add all these games to his account/ NNID, correct?