• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Nintendo DS or simply, DS, is a dual-screen handheld game console developed and released by Nintendo. The device went on sale in North America on November 21, 2004. The DS, short for "Developers' System" or "Dual Screen"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

in 2011 the successor 3ds released

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

Best place to buy games is either on ebay or gamestop or elsewere. also amazon.

great games to buy include(note: these are what i Own)

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Dragon Quest V DS
Metal Slug 7
Pokemon black/black 2
TWENY
Mario Kart ds
Sonic Colors DS
Suikoden Tierkreis
New Super Mario Bros DS
The Legendary Starfy
Solartorobo
HenryHatsworth
Okamiden
PuyoPop Fever/ Puyo Puyo 7
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Bleach Blade of Fate/Bleach darkSouls
Chrono Trigger
Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck
Soma Bringer
Custom Robo
and more

also like the gba, ds games have bootleg versions.
added 3ds collection

41914000021_da5d5fd262_c.jpg

41196759234_cf2940546f_c.jpg

41870716242_3a2749c7d1_c.jpg

41870714032_369249a06e_c.jpg

25710347627_4019a89590_c.jpg

25710346497_72c0b4e04c_c.jpg

25710345517_e056ca8108_c.jpg

25710343397_9e8256b9b1_c.jpg

jUfo6sz.jpg

Last edited:

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
I'm happy to see 伝説のスタフィー4 in your collection!
A very underrated platformer on a handheld not entirely known for great platformers.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised by the lack of DS fandom on here given things like the high res thread on the old forum.

I found my old acekard 2i last night and I can't play games without it randomly freezing, requiring me to shut down the system. I played 5 different carts to test if it was the system and I concluded it's the acekard. Are DS flashcarts still a thing? What's my best option if so? I've had this thing for close to ten years now it seems lmao

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Surprised by the lack of DS fandom on here given things like the high res thread on the old forum.

I think it's a bit the same with PSP. I think both are just in that general valley where people forgot about it but will start thinking and digging it up again in 5 years. Shame because I think there are a ton of jpn exclusives people don't know about that is worth digging up.

Sorry to abuse your DS OT this way, but is there a 3DS OT?
I actually went looking yesterday and did not find one. I think there use to be a general handhelds thread but I would love if someone made a 3DS OT.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I though I would contribute some photos to the thread for fun and post a photo of my 1 dsi LE system (I own 3 DSi, this, a lime green jp unit and a unopened blue unit I got on clearance 6 months back).

VrwTwUmZO4JnonICFgrRg_QKlYvNyiRss74xRpcK_JUrVqWW1d1maOObNhAtyswW6I6TVGVjE9vES3WMMWNHA7Fb4VKByWHascJAW0Onx7RjuWGgQ80HdJFMqnw473xgQcqgfZK9ww=w2400
CBjjtsAw1WHfhumXot92NFOPZ3btezUHprEMDu8An-WTPpDCEMl4or4K3JmeEKiRYAphNZQUbVM8JMZxkDLm2miB4VOzjM3Q0djFxw6_GoeO_j6K1Kpo2ChmCkg0AFalVFGIKWmUXw=w2400

The system, and even the game, is fantastic to look at in person.

OP
OP
Sagadego17

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a bit the same with PSP. I think both are just in that general valley where people forgot about it but will start thinking and digging it up again in 5 years. Shame because I think there are a ton of jpn exclusives people don't know about that is worth digging up.

I actually went looking yesterday and did not find one. I think there use to be a general handhelds thread but I would love if someone made a 3DS OT.
i'll make this a 3ds one as well.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
GBA and DS games are starting their inevitable jump in price. Been looking to add some titles recently and while they are still pretty affordable they are definitely seeing an increase in price.

Still need several more so guess I best keep my eyes open in the near future.

Oct 26, 2017
I recently dove back into my DS and 3DS libraries. There are so many great games that I missed and I'm going back and picking them up. My recent DS purchases are:

- midnight blue DSi XL (my first one. Wow, why did I sleep on the XL?!)
- Retro Game Challenge 2
- Retro Game Challenge

And I've been playing Stella Glow on my 3DS. Wow, talk about a sleeper hit of an SRPG.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a couple of DS games recently and they should be here soon hopefully. Added Dokapon Journey CIB and Robocalypse New. Dokapon Journey has gotten stupid pricey, but I was able to get it for well under market value so figured I better grab it now. Robocalypse is still relatively cheap, but seems to be a good game.

Still need to add a lot more but happy to get these two.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not a major DS/3DS collector but this is what I have at present:

wA6cWqX.jpg

rxkIOPO.jpg

GRHfGQ9.jpg

I do have quite a number of 3ds games on my wishlist but like many of us I'm juggling the funds across multiple systems. My next likely purchase is Metroid Samus Return unless I happen to stumble into a good deal somewhere. As you can I haven't even opened Fire Emblem Awakening and that was a launch purchase. I also have Tetris Ultimate but didn't put in the pic as it's cart only.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that Creeping Terror was localised outside of Japan back in october. I had no idea, but it seemed interesting to me. Anyone here recommending it?

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SO ...need advice!
Good time to pick up a 2DS? Or should I wait?
Ebay coupon has me thinking

OP
OP
Sagadego17

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
go for it then. xenoblade new 3ds is really fun also you can play a ton of ds games on it as well and snes vc

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually it looks like an old gen.
I think I may wait for the new Zelda one from Gamestop

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Since I've added 3 tittles to my collection in the past month. Has anybody else been picking up some recent releases or titles from last year? I ended up with Metroid (not sure why I waited so long), Pokemon Ultra Sun and Kirby Battle Royal (I liked the demo). I'm really tempted to grab Captain Toad soon because I feel there probably isn't going to be many copies out there for this one on 3DS (while bestbuy/eb have copies in canada, I noticed a local game shop didn't get any).

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Forgot I hadn't posted pics yet. Here's a couple quick pics from my collection.
Still tons of games I want to add, especially to the DS collection. Really has an extensive library.
Fantastic collection you got going there. Kind of impressed you kept the skylander boxes. They're the only thing in my collection I actually threw away (games aren't rare and they do take a good amount of space if you own a few).

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic collection you got going there. Kind of impressed you kept the skylander boxes. They're the only thing in my collection I actually threw away (games aren't rare and they do take a good amount of space if you own a few).

Lol, yea those Skylanders boxes can be a real pain. Luckily I have a full basement that is finished and those are stored in a big closet with other gaming items. As a collector I love the art on the old cardboard packaging on my retro games so now I keep all that stuff on the newer games as well.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

I found my old acekard 2i last night and I can't play games without it randomly freezing, requiring me to shut down the system. I played 5 different carts to test if it was the system and I concluded it's the acekard. Are DS flashcarts still a thing? What's my best option if so? I've had this thing for close to ten years now it seems lmao

Still going strong, though some of those Chinese websites are sketchy haha best consult gba temp if you are looking to purchase

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

V35JglG.jpg
American/Japanese NDS boxes look so much better than EU ones. Being from the EU and having imported some games (because there were games available in the US/JP but not EU), my small NDS collection looks hideous. Would provide pictures but they are currently boxed away due to having not enough space.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Felt like this was worth a thread bump.

eywL7jzilkjquk1L-1joH3foPlHfoMCfCx6rsDjbI_VLpLJRDWtXZo6ZbUk1pNCCcEhwUjSQJLh1OyUlS40kc1VfyEuCoxg0lkyRZQ5LLqzMpyckXeeABNQ8cDO1LElDxOP4owFiEg=w2400

I've got to say, I think the n2DS XL LE are some of nintendo's best LE systems to date. This thing is amazing in person and probably one of the best 3DS LE I've seen (and i've sadly got way too many).

Also i'm playing through Yo-Kai Blasters for the past week. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's one I think people should give a shot while they can (at least those in canada as I'm not finding very many copies around).

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
American/Japanese NDS boxes look so much better than EU ones. Being from the EU and having imported some games (because there were games available in the US/JP but not EU), my small NDS collection looks hideous. Would provide pictures but they are currently boxed away due to having not enough space.

Are you referring to the clear DS boxes?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

V35JglG.jpg

VA6azfF.jpg

Still tons of games I want to add, especially to the DS collection. Really has an extensive library.
I realize this is an old post, but I noticed you have Time Hollow in your DS collection. What did you think of it? I've been building up my own DS collection lately and looking into getting that one.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
I've been actively collecting for the DS lately. Is it me or are prices going up? Hard to find some of the ones I want for decent prices...at least complete. I'm a bit worried about fake carts if they are cart only on eBay...I'll post a collection pic at some point.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been actively collecting for the DS lately. Is it me or are prices going up? Hard to find some of the ones I want for decent prices...at least complete. I'm a bit worried about fake carts if they are cart only on eBay...I'll post a collection pic at some point.
Prices have risen for more niche/cult-status RPGs. That's about it really. DQXI is an $80-100 game complete now.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, the prices are starting to rise on certain titles. I guess it's to be expected but it seems like just the beginning.

Here is chart that tracks DS game sales online:

37IdfKw.jpg

For comparison here is the GBA sales chart.

Overall I think the DS is more focused on the popular titles, and the more sought after titles.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, the prices are starting to rise on certain titles. I guess it's to be expected but it seems like just the beginning.

Here is chart that tracks DS game sales online:

37IdfKw.jpg

For comparison here is the GBA sales chart.

Overall I think the DS is more focused on the popular titles, and the more sought after titles.
Of course it's just the beginning. People who grew up with GBA and DS are just getting to the point where collecting is feasible.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017

If they are it's because alot of the kids who grew up with that console are now working adults and wanting to experience their old favorites. The DS is 14 years old this year.

Funny enough, I've been actively trying to collect for 3ds recently. I've found it to be in that sweet spot where people are selling off their games cheap *probably* because they've moved over to Switch. I just picked up Mario Golf and Tennis and XenoBlade 3D just yesterday. Tennis is 'ok' I guess but I had alot of fun with golf last night.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it's just the beginning. People who grew up with GBA and DS are just getting to the point where collecting is feasible.

The DS isn't that old to be honest. It's successor is still being sold for example. Seems to me that the process of systems having their prices bottom out are quickening and the amount of time that you have to build a cheap library on dead consoles is much smaller than it once was.

Oct 31, 2017
I bought a few DS games lately : Mario & Luigi 3, Scurge Hive, Hotel Dusk and Ninja Gaiden.

... Don't sleep on NG guys, it's fucking amazing.

I also ordered Last Window ;)

Oct 26, 2017
I recently picked up a complete in-box copy of Pokemon Soul Silver at my local Gamestop. Now I need to hunt down. used Pokewalker...

Currently playing through Retro Game Challenge on my recently purchases DSi XL.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad they're located in the US, shipping seems to be 20$.

If anyone knows where to find the same thing in Europe, hit me up !

There should definitely be other places. I know eNay has some different sellers as well, but not sure if they ship to Europe, or if there is a seller in Europe. May be worth checking out though.