• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Working on getting more DS games I missed out on. Scored Nanostray with true swing golf for $4.25.....is DK Jungle Climber any good? Never played it or King of Swing on the gba...

Oct 31, 2017
I bought DQ VII as a Christmas gift to myself.

I finished A Link Between Worlds yesterday. Quite simply one of my favourite gaming experiences ever, which considering i had zero interest in this game when it was first announced and thought was ugly and just a lazy retread of ALTTP, is quite an achievement.

Well yeah, ALBW is simply amazing so no surprise there ! :)

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at picking up a few of the more overlooked 3DS games. Anyone have opinions on Sushi Striker, Ever Oasis, Fossil Fighters, or Kirby Battle Royale? At this point I care more if the game does something interesting in story, gameplay/mechanics and/or atmosphere than I do if it's a polished "hidden gem".

Last edited:

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at picking up a few of the more overlooked 3DS games. Anyone have opinions on Sushi Striker, Ever Oasis, Fossil Fighters, or Kirby Battle Royale? At this point I care more if the game does something interesting in story, gameplay/mechanics and/or atmosphere than I do if it's a polished "hidden gem".
Ever Oasis is a fantastic game. Basically Zelda-style dungeon mechanics mixed with a Mana-esque combat system and town building. It also has a very unique aesthetic. I would recommend it.

Oct 31, 2017
Ever Oasis, Fossil Fighters, or Kirby Battle Royale

I'm pretty sure all three have a playable demo on the eShop. I think Sushi does have one as well but I'm not sure.

In terms of overlooked games, Calciobit might be your thing. There's also Weapon Shop de Omasse, Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed Ever Oasis but the structure of the game means you'll do a lot of backtracking to take different companions with you to solve environmental puzzles or go through arbitrary gates to get to different areas. The music, town simulation elements, and general aesthetic of the game appealed to me enough to overlook this, but be aware if the concept of "respecting the player's time" is important to you.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Snagged Pokemon HeartGold at a thrift store for $20 this weekend. Thought it would be fake, but nah, the cart is definitely infrared and the serial numbers all line up correctly.

Talk about luck.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Bought Monster Hunter Stories and Radiant Historia Perfect at GameStop. M H was on clearance and RH was still the launch edition. Each game was less than $30 so seemed an ok price. I mainly play Switch now, but the 3DS still has an amazing library. The only 3DS games I have left to buy are Etrian Odyssey V and maybe Ever Oasis

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone played Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark on 3DS? After finding a cheap copy I noticed it's developed by WayForward and upon looking into it saw it's a strategy game that seems like it may be solid. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually looking for a thread like this the other day, shame I didn't find it.

My New 3DS XL's battery is on the fritz, and I was thinking of buying a new one. The battery lasts about 30 minutes before suddenly blinking red and dying.

I did some research online and ended up buying a replacement battery from Nintendo. It was $20 including shipping, so a lot less than a new 3DS lol.

It looks like an easy replacement job as well, has anybody done something similar?

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually looking for a thread like this the other day, shame I didn't find it.

My New 3DS XL's battery is on the fritz, and I was thinking of buying a new one. The battery lasts about 30 minutes before suddenly blinking red and dying.

I did some research online and ended up buying a replacement battery from Nintendo. It was $20 including shipping, so a lot less than a new 3DS lol.

It looks like an easy replacement job as well, has anybody done something similar?

I didn't change the battery, but I seem to recall taking the back plate off and seeing the battery. I believe that was on my n3DS XL as well. Should be a straight forward replacement as far as I remember.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't change the battery, but I seem to recall taking the back plate off and seeing the battery. I believe that was on my n3DS XL as well. Should be a straight forward replacement as far as I remember.
Yeah I've taken the plate off before to switch SD cards, and from what I can find online the battery should just be right there, no additional steps required.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've taken the plate off before to switch SD cards, and from what I can find online the battery should just be right there, no additional steps required.

Yea, that's what I recall as I seem to remember thinking it would be an easy swap in the future when the battery inevitably died on me.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
I hadn't turned on my New 3DS XL in a few weeks. Today, trying to play it, I got welcomed' upon turning it on by a blue screen on the lower screen with the BOOTROM 8046 followed by an error message. It won't respond to anything besides turning it on and off and nothing changes. Looking around online, it seems that the console basically bricked itself since I never installed any custom FW. Is my only solution to send it to Nintendo for repairs ? Brand new models are impossible to find at a decent' price now and used ones basically cost the same as a repair by Nintendo would...

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just got this in the mail today:
uKcLFhf.jpg

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks everyone. been on a binge collecting 3ds and DS titles lately.
i posted em on the other 3ds thread, i'll repost em here.
9W5D0DYl.jpg

YxKhtCBl.jpg

Xe2it1Ql.jpg

80elBDml.jpg

i grabbed a few other DS DQ titles but i'll post em when i get a chance =)

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
thanks everyone. been on a binge collecting 3ds and DS titles lately.
i posted em on the other 3ds thread, i'll repost em here.
9W5D0DYl.jpg

YxKhtCBl.jpg

Xe2it1Ql.jpg

80elBDml.jpg

i grabbed a few other DS DQ titles but i'll post em when i get a chance =)

Good choices. I have a couple more 3DS games I need to get but really need to grab some DS games before they start to jump significantly.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all! Wasn't sure where to ask this so my apologies if this isn't the right place.

We've had a few nice spring days here in the northeast and I decided to take my Switch outside. Problem was that I couldn't see the screen in direct sunlight at all. I looked into it and it was seemingly consensus that the GBA and front lit SP were the last handhelds that were actual usable in direct sunlight. I got an SP and indeed it looks great (it's best, actually) outside.

However, in my research there was conflicting reports about the original DS. Some cited it having front lit screens that were similar in design to the GBA. Some claimed it to excel in direct sunlight while others said it was unusable. It's consensus that the back lit versions (and all back lit handhelds) are unusable.

I've honestly never owned any DS before so I have no first-hand experience. I had owned a GBA and SP in their heyday, so that's where my research began.

Any help would be appreciated.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
This is a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get a modded DS or 3DS that will let me capture and record DS gameplay? I'd really love to go through my DS collection and play and record a bit of each game, but I've been having trouble finding a gameplay recording solution. Does anyone have one they don't use any more that I could buy off them, or know where to find one?

Oct 26, 2017
This is a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get a modded DS or 3DS that will let me capture and record DS gameplay? I'd really love to go through my DS collection and play and record a bit of each game, but I've been having trouble finding a gameplay recording solution. Does anyone have one they don't use any more that I could buy off them, or know where to find one?

Bad timing, my friend. 3DS mods for video-out/recording have become hard to come by in 2019. See My Life in Gaming's recent video regarding 3DS:

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yay, it pays to sometime randomly check out an EBGames/Gamestop. I found a used copy of Xenoblade 3DS for a decent price yesterday. I really regret not buying it in the past when you could easily find new copies for $30 Canadian. =/

Sadly as mention, bad timing as a small Japanese shop who use to make video out 3DS closed due to changes in the local laws. =(
Really for purely DS it might be best to go with an emu as they're pretty solid now and can up-res the image nicely. Another alternative is to find an IS-Nitro-Capture off ebay but it won't be cheap.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
Argh, thanks for the heads-up. An IS-NITRO-CAPTURE would probably be the best bet but definitely not cheap. Maybe I'll save up for one.

The worst part of the search is staring right at an IS-SNAKE-BOX that I can't take home lol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Congratulations Nintendo DS/3DS Era, you're the new community spotlight!

I've actually been getting back into the 3DS lately myself, currently starting up Bravely Default 2 which I've sadly been neglecting.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I just started Luigis Mansion 3D last week or so. Almost finished, only really able to play on the weekend. Plays better than I thought.