• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
One or two announcements for next year probably. Secretly praying for an Odyssey 2 announcement but I think that'd come out October 2020 so maybe too soon to announce :P

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
One or two announcements for next year probably. Secretly praying for an Odyssey 2 announcement but I think that'd come out October 2020 so maybe too soon to announce :P

"Super Luigi's Odyssey: The Southern Hemisphere"

Edit: I didn't get around to doing my E3 Bingo Card Generator for last year, need to rectify that mistake this year.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
There is a ridiculous amount of 2019 stuff that they could show, and this only includes stuff that we know about:
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Mario Maker 2
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Astral Chain
  • Town
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Ninjala
  • Smash DLC
  • Daemon x Machina
They won't show everything on that list, but there will likely be some surprises and a few 2020 things. Looking forward to it, I think it will be a good direct.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Like I said, they'll reveal 2-3 2020 titles in this E3 direct, 2-3 in the September direct and another 2-3 in early January direct.

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I think that the most interesting takeaway is the part about it being only software. It seems oddly specific for them to not have hardware to announce in a different moment/venue.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Fuuucckk I'm going to be in Japan, which, yay, but that means I'll gave to stay up until 1 to watch the Direct. =/

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Can't wait for the Direct. I'm always hoping for a return to proper Paper Mario. I'm a supporter of traditional E3 press conferences, but Nintendo does a pretty good job with their Directs at E3.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
ClearDiscreteGallinule-max-1mb.gif

We need a Doug Bowser version.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scheduled to launch in 2019???!!! Cmon we already know everything. Why are Nintendo so adverse to giving actual big new announcements at E3? I want 2020 games damn it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I like the name Warp Pipe Pass. I wonder if that's gonna be used at their Universal parks too.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool. On paper this could be the most exciting event of the show.

Looking forward to it.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Plenty to show in this Direct. Not surprised that they aren't focusing on a specific title this year.

Especially with the list of first party published titles due for the second half of 2019 that can easily get some attention.

Like Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Animal Crossing, Luigis Mansion 3, Links Awakening Remake, Fire Emblem, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, etc.

This isn't even counting Mario Maker 2, Pokemon, Smash DLC or possible new unannounced titles.

My wallet is scared after reading this list...

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Sure they showed a few non-2018 games last year, but the point was that their promise to focus on 2018 titles held true, and to their detriment I thought. Things they ended up showing in directs later I thought they could've shown at E3 for more attention and a better general E3 impression.

There is a point to teasing the future in E3. And they've been too conservative about that.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo continues their "2 Smash reveals at every E3 where Smash is relevant" trend, I'd expect the supposed Dragon Quest character (Erdrick or otherwise) during the Smash World Championship (shadow-dropped on the same day) & another Joker-style teaser reveal during the Direct.
They've done 2 smash tournaments where people expected a Reveal and haven't done it.

I don't think they'll reveal character at the tournament again. Probably want all eyes on the Direct.

Oct 29, 2017
Let's hope that Nintendo still have some cards up their sleeve and didn't actually completely blow their load during the last Direct like I suspect they have...

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
NOOOOOOOOOoooo!

WHY ONLY 2019 GAMES!?

WHY DOES NINTENDO DO THIS? THEY ARE DOOMED FOR NOT HYPING UP NEXT YEAR!!!

WHY NINTENDO??

/s

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Pleased to see the tournaments pre-E3 this time, that way it won't cut into Treehouse Live (doing so damaged their event last year IMO)

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Surprised we're getting another Splatoon tournament tbh

Surprised they are making a tournament of Nintendo's take on eSports?

Also they officially confirmed NO HARDWARE REVISION at E3, which means it's going to be announced very, very soon based on the strong rumors about the Switch Mini.

EDI: obligatory "OMG NO 2020 SWITH GAMES DOOOOOOOMED".

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope that Nintendo still have some cards up their sleeve and didn't actually completely blow their load during the last Direct like I suspect they have...
Unless you think Nintendo is done making games they always have cards up their sleeve. It's up to them for when they want to reveal those games. E3 isn't the only place to reveal new games.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Just a friendly reminder that they ALWAYS say they will only talk about games releasing this year only to surprise people when they show games for next year.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Also they officially confirmed NO HARDWARE REVISION at E3, which means it's going to be announced very, very soon based on the strong rumors about the Switch Mini.

I dunno, if the revision is announced before E3 (like I thought it would be) would they really not mention it in the E3 Direct at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.