• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So what were we thinking about 2020 title reveals? 2, maybe 3 games? Would they be the holiday heavyweights or do we think they'll be titles that could show up in the first half of 2020?
I think 2020 reveals in the E3 direct will be some mixture of some of these games:
-Metroid 5
-Mario&Luigi 6
-WarioWare
-Nintendo Sports Resort
-Bayonetta 3
-Golden Sun 4

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
I think 2020 reveals in the E3 direct will be some mixture of some of these games:
-Metroid 5
-Mario&Luigi 6
-WarioWare
-Nintendo Sports Resort
-Bayonetta 3
-Golden Sun 4

Even just a Golden Sun 1+2 remake with Link's Awakening remake's engine would be enough for me. Why did they completely forget about that franchise?

Dec 23, 2017
Just my opinion but E3 is off to a not so good start for Nintendo. I guess that is just mainly from a third party position. I also guess I shouldn't be surprised. LM3, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chains. Just show me those no expectations.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Just my opinion but E3 is off to a not so good start for Nintendo. I guess that is just mainly from a third party position. I also guess I shouldn't be surprised. LM3, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chains. Just show me those no expectations.
It isn't off to a start at all yet though?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
What are you saying ?

E3 "opened" yesterday and we saw an amazing SMM2 tournament, a game that is coming this month. There was also the boring EA Play with 0 surprise so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017

I don't know but yesterdays World Championships made me really hyped regardless of the potential games in the direct. I think it will be better than 2018 direct by far simply because we already know there are quite some games releasing this year alone. Third party? That's just a bonus.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Even just a Golden Sun 1+2 remake with Link's Awakening remake's engine would be enough for me. Why did they completely forget about that franchise?
The third sold badly and people with interest in the franchise left the company. Also, Nintendo consoles do not have many sports games but they do have many JRPGs so they are more important.

Without Mario Tennis or Golf there would hardly be games of those sports. Without Golden Sun, there are many other JRPG available filling that niche. Is a redundant ip.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ONLY. TWO. DAYS. LEFT.

Q1SKp1N.gif
Q1SKp1N.gif

Dec 23, 2017
I don't know but yesterdays World Championships made me really hyped regardless of the potential games in the direct. I think it will be better than 2018 direct by far simply because we already know there are quite some games releasing this year alone. Third party? That's just a bonus.
Like I said the three games is all I'm looking for now. Any expectations have been tempered big time.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Publisher of the excellent Monster Boy are pledging their support to the Switch for years to come

I hope they'll get a shot at a Nintendo collab, just like what happened with Cadence of Hyrule

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Monolith Soft has the right to make its weird shit with Biblical themes and not Golden Sun. There is no inherent value in that instead of working on their own projects, make Golden Sun. Golden Sun is not Zelda.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
random rambling:
expecting nothing from microsoft's conference (obviously, if there is something MS-related for switch it would be in nintendo's direct) but i'm hoping bethesda has some surprise. i'll even take ports of the evil within games, really want to to try those.
from the stuff that has been already announced in the past few days, a couple of things have been really exciting for me. darksiders genesis is giving me "lara croft and the guardian of light" vibes which i love, i'm definitely gonna play that. gylt is another great-looking game that i hope i eventually get to play, i'll probably end up playing yooka-laylee 2, ni no kuni is a game i've wanted to play since the day it got announced for DS, so i'm excited that i get to do that after all these years.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i loved seeing doug bowser make his official nintendo stage debut at the end of the smash tournament, he looks like a guy who knows what he's doing. i really hope he's a big part of the direct.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Monolith's JRPGs are far better than Golden Sun. There's no need to waste their talent.
I was about to post something to the same effect, but then I remembered how many passionate Golden Sun fans I manage to piss off when I say that, so now I'll just hide behind you instead. I liked Golden Sun back in the day, but lost interest half way through Golden Sun 2 and never really looked back. Don't quite understand what people see in the series, but maybe I should give it another chance at some point.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I know they are not mutually exclusive, but I find it funny how Era went from "Animal Crossing will be delayed" to "Direct will be 25min of talking to Animal Crossing Villagers".

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was about to post something to the same effect, but then I remembered how many passionate Golden Sun fans I manage to piss off when I say that, so now I'll just hide behind you instead. I liked Golden Sun back in the day, but lost interest half way through Golden Sun 2 and never really looked back. Don't quite understand what people see in the series, but maybe I should give it another chance at some point.
That's the point in giving it to a better developer. Hopefully a better product comes out of it.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Don't quite understand what people see in the series, but maybe I should give it another chance at some point.
It's all about nostalgia. If today Nintendo did release a game with modern graphics and the same setting/gameplay than Golden Sun, people would be a lot more critic towards it. But at the time it was the big Nintendo non-Mario JRPG, and it was kind of impressive in the GBA.

There's lots of better JRPGs, and the Xenoblade games are far far more unique and overall better games. Let Monolith do their thing.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun is a dead series as far as I'm concerned. I don't think Nintendo will try to get another one made.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
That's the point in giving it to a better developer. Hopefully a better product comes out of it.
Or maybe just have the better developer make a better product without the creative limitations of a Golden Sun connection (or any other connection, obviously)? Is there anything about Golden Sun that is worth salvaging but isn't possible to pull off with a different IP?

I looooved the use of telekinesis and mind reading and stuff outside of battle, but that could be done in other games. The plot, characters and setting were the least interesting things about the game to me, but I've come to understand I'm in the minority when it comes to this.

It's all about nostalgia. If today Nintendo did release a game with modern graphics and the same setting/gameplay than Golden Sun, people would be a lot more critic towards it. But at the time it was the big Nintendo non-Mario JRPG, and it was kind of impressive in the GBA.

There's lots of better JRPGs, and the Xenoblade games are far far more unique and overall better games. Let Monolith do their thing.
I suppose it could be nostalgia, but it feels like such a convenient way to dismiss peoples' fandom to me. People have said the same thing about me and my Mother fandom, for instance.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018

DON'T YOU DARE DISRESPECT GOLDEN SUN.
No seriously, it was an extremely comfy RPG, with cool Zelda like puzzles and a great BS. The story was a bit cliché, but I played them both twice or three times and I'd gladly take a remake.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing that set Golden Sun apart were the dungeons and puzzles. The world and lore had potential, as did the combat system, but it was never the main hook.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a bit too early for a new and original 2D Metroid game.
there's always the possibility that a leak could just be mistaking a 2D metroid game for a new one even if it's a remake.

Oh yeah, before I forgot. According to the original rumor, Mercury Steam isn't doing Metroid 5.

Developpement was underway for both Samus Returns and a 2D Metroid game, so another team was on Metroid 5

My expectations are that there are two 2D Metroid games in the work, Metroid 5 and a remake by Mercury Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.