Nintendo E3 2019 plans detailed: Nintendo Direct on Tuesday 6/11 @ 9AM PT + Treehouse Live and Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

XandBosch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They haven't shown any footage or art from Animal Crossing Switch, how would they have anything to put on the lanyard?
Oh for the love of god, not this again. Animal Crossing isn't on the lanyard because it hasn't been properly revealed yet, so there's no artwork to put on the lanyard without spoiling the announcement. It's very simple.

But sure, let's indulge in talk about a delay without any concrete evidence. Fantastic.
Again, they do not have any revealed key art, or title, or logo. Of course it could have been delayed, but this isn't telling us anything either way.
Fair enough - I hadn't considered that all of the art on there was specific to the games, not the franchises. I was about to push back with "They could've easily put a villager on there" - but yeah, maybe Animal Crossing is about to get a new look or something - who knows.

Fair points, fair points.

Didn't we already have a picture of that lanyard and the delay discussion due to AC being absent from said lanyard like 100 pages ago? AhShitHereWeGoAgain.gif
Ah - the only discussion I was a part of previously was the tweet that Nintendo made about playable games - I didn't realize this lanyard had already been discussed.

Move along!

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Oh for the love of god, not this again. Animal Crossing isn't on the lanyard because it hasn't been properly revealed yet, so there's no artwork to put on the lanyard without spoiling the announcement. It's very simple.

But sure, let's indulge in talk about a delay without any concrete evidence. Fantastic.
That's my thought. AC is like an announced game that is unannounced. That"s a bit weird. I prefer LM3 approach.

OP
OP
Muzy

Muzy

Oct 25, 2017
If Animal Crossing makes it out this year I literally do not give a fuck if the announcements are lackluster. Need the rest of 2019 to be stellar and Animal Crossing is the centerpiece!!

MisterSpo

Feb 12, 2019
St Helens, UK
- We begin with Retro Studios telling us work on Prime 4 has just begun and then they give us: Donkey Kong World (Spring 2020)
- Reminders and trailers for Mario Maker 2, Marvel, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain
- Shadow drop for Cadence of Hyrule
- A surprise eShop game from Nintendo - Mario vs Donkey Kong of some variety
- Indie news, with a focus on games coming first to Switch
- A first party port or remaster for late August 2019: Pikmin 3 or maybe, just maybe, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- A mid-tier 2020 release, possibly Mario Golf
- Trailers, information and release dates for Luigi's Mansion 3 (late October), Daemon x Machina (early October), Animal Crossing (late September, subscription bundle), Link's Awakening (early December)
- First Bayonetta 3 footage, 2020 release
- Spyro Trilogy confirmation
- Microsoft game(s): Ori & the Blind Forest, Super Lucky's Tale (that's the game, right?), Gears Tactics (I'd like to see Halo: MCC but still find this unlikely)
- Witcher 3 confirmation
- Third party montage: things like Dragon Quest XI S, Mario & Sonic and Doom Eternal as well as new announcements like Grandia remasters, Layton games, Mana collection, Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga, Minecraft Dungeons, some new things
- Smash DLC - Erdrick 'available shortly after this presentation ends'. Exclusive Mii costumes for people who purchase DQ Builders 2 or DQ XI S.
- Smash DLC - GUH HUH
- One more Microsoft announcement: Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie HD coming to eShop later this year
- Montage
- 'Thanks for watching, but before we go...'
- One major or fan-favourite tease for 2020 to finish the Direct: either 2D Metroid, Breath of the Wild direct sequel, new 3D Mario, or new Monolith Soft IP
Updated and re-arranged my post from a few days back. Added a bold Retro Studios reveal as the first announcement, but I'd be surprised if that happened - just being a bit more fanciful, as the Banjo HD announcements confirm.

To be clear - I don't expect everything here. I've just fleshed it out with a bit of whimsy.

XandBosch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Animal Crossing makes it out this year I literally do not give a fuck if the announcements are lackluster. Need the rest of 2019 to be stellar and Animal Crossing is the centerpiece!!
If every single 2019 game was cancelled but Animal Crossing came out tomorrow I'd be like "that's a trade I'm willing to make"

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
For real ! It's such a shame ! Because of that leak, people were acting just as if there was no reveal, like "duh, we already knew this, worst From trailer ever", what the fuck ! Shadows die twice trailer was so obscure that half of ResetEra was thinking it was Bloodborne 2, but somehow, because of the leaks, people act like it's their worst trailer and that we don't learn shit lol
It was the trailer of the show for me. And the infos we got with Miyazaki's interview are just way too hype.
The thing is that as long as they don't show gameplay, those trailers are meaningless, many games shifted their tone from their initial CGI reveals

Dec 2, 2017
The biggest surprises I can see happening are the Witcher 3 reveal (which is no longer a surprise for the absolute core audience) and a teaser for a fan-favourite 2020 title. Broadly, I think we'll get:

- Reminders and trailers for Mario Maker 2, Marvel, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain
- Shadow drop for Cadence of Hyrule
- A surprise eShop game
- Indie news, with a focus on games coming first to Switch
- A first party port or remaster for late 2019: Pikmin 3 or maybe, just maybe, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- Third party reel, with an emphasis on things like Dragon Quest XI S, Mario & Sonic and Doom Eternal
- Trailers, information and release dates for Luigi's Mansion 3, Daemon x Machina, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening
- Witcher 3 confirmation
- Mana Collection coming to the West, first official English-language release for Seiken Densetsu 3, late 2019
- First Bayonetta 3 footage, 2020 release (maybe a quick developer chat "We're hard at work, but this will take a little while longer" type spiel)
- A mid-tier 2020 release, possibly Mario Golf
- Smash DLC - Banjo Kazooie & Erdrick, one of them 'available now'
- Microsoft game(s): Ori & the Blind Forest (I'd like to see Halo: MCC but still find this unlikely)
- One major or fan-favourite tease for 2020 to finish the Direct: either 2D Metroid, Breath of the Wild direct sequel, new 3D Mario, or new Monolith Soft IP (only ONE of these) (I'd like to see Retro have something finished, but no idea if we can expect that)

I'd guess, like most of their recent E3s, this is going to be 40 to 45 minutes and will be packed full of news like the fast-paced September and February Directs.

Not including leaks, Witcher 3, Mana Collection, Ori, Pikmin 3 or Prime Trilogy HD, the eShop title and two previously unannounced 2020 titles would total 7 new games confirmed, with more new indies confirmed. At this point for 2020 titles, I'm leaning more towards them simply revealing Bayonetta 3 gameplay and showing smaller, but fan-favourite games rather than something huge like 3D Mario or 3D Zelda. The biggest Nintendo reveals on Switch have all come outside of E3, including Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Kart 8 DX, Smash, Mario Maker, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening, so part of me thinks Nintendo sees E3 as an opportunity to give the limelight to some key third-party titles and spotlight games that the fanbase are already excited for.
I would love this show.

srtrestre

Oct 25, 2017
NMS?

I mean, I'll be happy for those who like the game. But (IF true) I hope it's just a quick mention and doesn't take a whole lot of time.

Farfetch'd

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
where does this AC delay nonsense even come from?
this is the dumbest thing the community has convinced themselves of after telling each other that Xenoblade 2 will be delayed.

Oct 27, 2017
I know people dont want to hear this but we really need to check our expectations and consider the possibility that not only will animal crossing not come out this year, but also that it will not be at e3, but rather saved for a direct at the beggining of 2020 or the end of the year. Much like yoshi and fire emblem, which were both announced for 2018 then radio silent until they re-emerged.

XandBosch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, I would’ve easily said yes to this if it came put last year... but not in 2019 with FE and Pokemon coming out.
True true. Man, Pokemon looks so rad - and that's coming from someone who hasn't been excited by the series for years. I'm so stoked by what they showed.

I know people dont want to hear this but we really need to check our expectations and consider the possibility that not only will animal crossing not come out this year, but also that it will not be at e3, but rather saved for a direct at the beggining of 2020 or the end of the year. Much like yoshi and fire emblem, which were both announced for 2018 then radio silent until they re-emerged.
I'm ready for it - I have to be. I'll be incredibly sad, but yeah - I'm ready for it. I know everyone is saying all of these signs (or lack thereof) don't point to a delay or anything, but IF the game is delayed, it'll be easy to look at these things and say "we should've guessed". I'm prepared. It's also easy to look at Nintendo's fall lineup and say "they don't really need another big game this year....", but I'd still hate it lol.

skittzo0413

Oct 25, 2017
For a Nintendo first party game developed by them?
Bayo 2 and 3 are first party games. But I guess not internally developed which is always an odd requirement.

We're speculating that they were going to show off Metroid Prime 4 and announce MPT HD at the same time, but that fell through with MP4's reboot.

But I guess I can't think of an example of this yet.

sanstesy

Nov 16, 2017
Nintendo's E3 lanyards only consist of games that are playable on the show floor. That's why AC isn't there.

Derktron

Jun 6, 2019
Man all this talk about Animal Crossing has me really worried we won't see a damn thing on it. I hope I'm overthinking and Nintendo will showcase it.

tenderbrew

Oct 30, 2017
What if instead I doubled down on my expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.