• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to make a list of the games we pretty much expect to be at E3 and count how many games that is.
1 or 2 of these may not show up but:

1. marvel ultimate alliance 3
2. link's awakening
3. fire emblem three houses
4. mario maker 2
5. pokemon sw/sh
6. luigi's mansion 3
7. animal crossing
8. dragon quest 11 S (maybe a reminder for DQB2 as well)
9. astral chain
10. daemon x machina

11. 2nd dlc character for smash

and other than that i expect:
12. 1 or 2 big 3rd party announcement, maybe a quick trailer for a game that gets announced at an earlier conference
13. 1 or 2 indie games
14. mother 1+2+3
15. retro's new game

there's your direct.

Last edited:

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019

2. link's awakening
4. mario maker 2
5. pokemon sw/sh
6. luigi's mansion 3
7. animal crossing
9. astral chain
10. daemon x machina

11. 1 or 2 big 3rd party announcement, maybe a quick trailer for a game that gets announced at an earlier conference
12. 1 or 2 indie games
13. mother 1+2+3
14. retro's new game

there's your direct.
That's a stacked line up. I think we will see bayonetta. And a new nintendo multiplayer ip

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
maybe a quick trailer for a game that gets announced at an earlier conference

Yep, Rabbids. Wonder if it would get a 2019 release date. 2019 already has too many Mario games for my taste, tbh.

DQ11 and builders 2 are first party releases outside japan (builders 2 is already released in japan).

They are, I just counted DQ11 to make the list bigger. I can't think anything else big. Everything else is smaller stuff like RAD, Torchlight or Trine 4.

There are lots of undated summer games though. maybe some of them could slip into fall?

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017

2. link's awakening
4. mario maker 2
5. pokemon sw/sh
6. luigi's mansion 3
7. animal crossing
9. astral chain
10. daemon x machina

11. 1 or 2 big 3rd party announcement, maybe a quick trailer for a game that gets announced at an earlier conference
12. 1 or 2 indie games
13. mother 1+2+3
14. retro's new game

there's your direct.
I've been expecting something along the lines of this along with a possible Smash DLC fighter reveal. For the most part, I think their E3 preentation will focus on games that have already been announced.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Man I'm kinda glad I've been so busy the past month and a half, I'd go nuts having so little to talk about and nothing interesting happening lol

I hope to see a tease sometime soon. No leaks though, leaks suck because they ruin the fun

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been expecting something along the lines of this along with a possible Smash DLC fighter reveal.
oops i forgot about that

They are, I just counted DQ11 to make the list bigger. I can't think anything else big. Everything else is smaller stuff like RAD, Torchlight or Trine 4.
oh. doom eternal hasn't been confirmed for fall either afaik.

Yep, Rabbids. Wonder if it would get a 2019 release date. 2019 already has too many Mario games for my taste, tbh.
i don't expect mario+rabbids 2 to be announced this year, but if it does it'll likely just be short CGI trailer with full gameplay reveal later in the year and release in 2020. i think this year we'll see something else from ubi for switch.

Last edited:

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I still think Nintendo would limit the amount of F2P games on Switch, as they're not fans of IAP thing and gacha concept (Hearthstone is a gacha in a way) on dedicated consoles. If Blizzard made an offline version on Hearthstone like that Yu-Gi-Oh game on Switch, then it could be possible I think. Online only games kinda kill the whole purpose of Switch: bringing your games anywhere.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I think fighter 2 will be revealed in a separate presentation before the tournament, much like Joker. Then they will be shown off in the tournament as well.

Based on past E3s revealing multiple characters, the main E3 Direct might have a tease for fighter 3.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
We haven't got any BIG third party announcement since God Eater 3 and we're eagerly waiting. As of now, fall third party lineup is just Doom Eternal, DQ11, Doreamon and Destiny Connect.
Digimon Survive is still supposed to be out this year too, even if we haven't heard anything about it in months.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
i don't expect mario+rabbids 2 to be announced this year, but if it does it'll likely just be short CGI trailer with full gameplay reveal later in the year and release in 2020. i think this year we'll see something else from ubi for switch.

I'm hoping that's the case. Mario+Rabbids this year would be an overkill, five big Mario games in one year (NSMBU, SMM2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Sonic & Mario olympics). I really hope Ubi at least try to port one of their current gen games. Watch Dogs on the go would be awesome. I'd even settle for some last gen ports, like Ezio Collection.

Digimon Survive is still supposed to be out this year too, even if we haven't heard anything about it in months.

We did. A month ago, they said the news about the game should come this summer. If the first update about the game is coming this summer, I don't think the game could make it to 2019.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping that's the case. Mario+Rabbids this year would be an overkill, five big Mario games in one year (NSMBU, SMM2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Sonic & Mario olympics). I really hope Ubi at least try to port one of their current gen games. Watch Dogs on the go would be awesome. I'd even settle for some last gen ports, like Ezio Collection.
i was thinking ubi would want to work with nintendo on another exclusive after how well m+r ended up selling, perhaps put one of their 73 studios to work on a smaller nintendo IP. i think with the right pitch nintendo would accept now that they've seen the result with m+r.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we see any more MS exclusives on switch, it'll be rare replay and or Ori I think. Also think it's too soon to see Bayonetta still.
i still don't see rare replay happening but ori is pretty much confirmed with them saying they have more plans for games like cuphead coming to switch and a physical release getting leaked a while ago. would definitely be a good title to show in the direct, while MS will show 2 in their own presentation.

Dec 2, 2017
i still don't see rare replay happening but ori is pretty much confirmed with them saying they have more plans for games like cuphead coming to switch and a physical release getting leaked a while ago. would definitely be a good title to show in the direct, while MS will show 2 in their own presentation.
Well I'd say RR is much more likely than Halo or Gears.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i was thinking ubi would want to work with nintendo on another exclusive after how well m+r ended up selling, perhaps put one of their 73 studios to work on a smaller nintendo IP. i think with the right pitch nintendo would accept now that they've seen the result with m+r.

Question is what Ubi would be working on. If it's a M+R type deal, I don't see them putting money into a niche IP.

Well I'd say RR is much more likely than Halo or Gears.

Rare Replay has several games that run on XONE through BC emulation. They would at least have to port all those 360 games to make them work on Switch and I don't really see that happening.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Question is what Ubi would be working on. If it's a M+R type deal, I don't see them putting money into a niche IP.

Rare Replay has several games that run on XONE through BC emulation. They would at least have to port all those 360 games to make them work on Switch and I don't really see that happening.

The obvious play for Rare Replay would be to do a "Nintendo Edition" which takes out the 360 games but includes DKC1-3, DKR and DK64.(and SFA if they can pull it off and feel generous).

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
not niche, nintendo has a ton of IPs that are still big, just not mario big.

Sure, I just feel it'd have to be like Zelda or something for Ubisoft to jump on it.

Paper Zelda RPG by the Fractured But Whole team, you heard it here, folks

The obvious play for Rare Replay would be to do a "Nintendo Edition" which takes out the 360 games but includes DKC1-3, DKR and DK64.(and SFA if they can pull it off and feel generous).

I guess it would depend on what Nintendo's plans with SNES and N64 games on the Switch are.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
you have to remember, this is the MS conference we're talking about, i don't see how that will be interesting for the xbox fans (and others watching for general 3rd party announcement) watching.

Apart from Nintendo players, I imagine it'd only be interesting for shareholders, which it seems E3 has moved away from as you've suggested.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018

2. link's awakening
4. mario maker 2
5. pokemon sw/sh
6. luigi's mansion 3
7. animal crossing
9. astral chain
10. daemon x machina

This is a dangerous prediction, but I actually wonder if a few of these might not be shown.

Fire Emblem and Daemon x Machina both got a trailer last E3 and an in depth look during the February Direct, so I wonder if they might be relegated to the Treehouse this time around.

They might also save Link's Awakening for an August/September Direct if it's coming out very late in the year.

Dragon Quest XIS also got a pretty deep dive in February.

I'd say there might be a chance that MUA3 or Super Mario Maker 2 get skipped too, but the Marvel brand is probably too big to ignore and Nintendo has been explicit about there still being surprises left to reveal for SMM.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I just feel it'd have to be like Zelda or something for Ubisoft to jump on it.

Paper Zelda RPG by the Fractured But Whole team, you heard it here, folks

I guess it would depend on what Nintendo's plans with SNES and N64 games on the Switch are.

One thing that might be worth pointing out: none of the DKC games were seen in the SNES Online datamines that happened a while back.

Earthbound is also absent...Mother Trilogy confirmed? lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But seriously can we get full remakes of the Mother games?? At least start with Earthbound Beginnings. That game really needs is.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing that might be worth pointing out: none of the DKC games were seen in the SNES Online datamines that happened a while back.

Earthbound is also absent...Mother Trilogy confirmed? lol

Ki6L0SQ.jpg

The plot thiccens...

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Mother 3 keep coming up?
With the problematic content that has been mentioned before, it will probably never come out, and it's not because Nintendo hates you.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apart from Nintendo players, I imagine it'd only be interesting for shareholders, which it seems E3 has moved away from as you've suggested.
yeah exactly. it's been a while since companies pull up sales numbers and charts or other stuff that pleases shareholders. all conferences are pretty much just about games.

i guess you're right and the opportunity cost is an issue, they may not want to put a team to work on something that sells less than 2 or 3 million, and for that you need a big name.

This is a dangerous prediction, but I actually wonder if a few of these might not be shown.

Fire Emblem and Daemon x Machina both got a trailer last E3 and an in depth look during the February Direct, so I wonder if they might be relegated to the Treehouse this time around.

They might also save Link's Awakening for an August/September Direct if it's coming out very late in the year.

Dragon Quest XIS also got a pretty deep dive in February.

I'd say there might be a chance that MUA3 or Super Mario Maker 2 get skipped too, but the Marvel brand is probably too big to ignore and Nintendo has been explicit about there still being surprises left to reveal for SMM.
i don't expect big trailers for all of them, but not mentioning them and reminding people that they're coming would be a mistake. fire emblem and mario maker for example don't need a big info dump anymore, but still a reminder in their biggest direct for the year is necessary imo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the problematic content that has been mentioned before, it will probably never come out, and it's not because Nintendo hates you.
Mother 3 can come with the necessary changes if not a remake. And if they're going to remake Mother 3 then all of them should be remade

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's just super dumb that the game can't be localized just for that. make the necessary changes. it's not that big of a deal.

But seriously can we get full remakes of the Mother games?? At least start with Earthbound Beginnings. That game really needs is.
i'll take a basic-ass rom collection tbh, but a remake would be nice.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
To announce their partnership with MS bringing Xbox live and Gamepass to Switch. Along with announcing Banjo Threeie coming to Switch and Xbox

Maybe they'll announce Gears, Halo, Ori coming to Switch too or save it for Nintendo' Direct

It would make way more sense for Phil Spencer to appear in the Nintendo Direct then, Xbox fans aren't watching the Microsoft Conference to see what games are coming to Switch.

Hmm, I wonder if Phil Spencer will be on the Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
it's just super dumb that the game can't be localized just for that. make the necessary changes. it's not that big of a deal.

i'll take a basic-ass rom collection tbh, but a remake would be nice.

Making the necessary changes would likely involve redesigning multiple characters and potentially upset fans. It's really a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

A fan translation has been out for over a decade. Most people who really wanted to play it already have. NOA probably did a cost-benefit and figured they wouldn't see profit on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.