• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
1 or 2 of these may not show up but:

1. marvel ultimate alliance 3
2. link's awakening
3. fire emblem three houses
4. mario maker 2
5. pokemon sw/sh
6. luigi's mansion 3
7. animal crossing
8. dragon quest 11 S (maybe a reminder for DQB2 as well)
9. astral chain
10. daemon x machina

11. 2nd dlc character for smash

and other than that i expect:
12. 1 or 2 big 3rd party announcement, maybe a quick trailer for a game that gets announced at an earlier conference
13. 1 or 2 indie games
14. mother 1+2+3
15. retro's new game

there's your direct.
+ Mario & Sonic / Cadence of Hyrule (if it doesn't launch before e3) / Pikmin 3 / Emily's 4th mystery game / some No More Heroes news (ports or NMH3)

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
"Welcome back everyone to Nintendo Treehouse Live, joining us now is special guest Phil Spencer!!, head of Xbox at Microsoft!! PHIL!! Welcome to the show"

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This is a dangerous prediction, but I actually wonder if a few of these might not be shown.

Fire Emblem and Daemon x Machina both got a trailer last E3 and an in depth look during the February Direct, so I wonder if they might be relegated to the Treehouse this time around.

They might also save Link's Awakening for an August/September Direct if it's coming out very late in the year.

Dragon Quest XIS also got a pretty deep dive in February.

I'd say there might be a chance that MUA3 or Super Mario Maker 2 get skipped too, but the Marvel brand is probably too big to ignore and Nintendo has been explicit about there still being surprises left to reveal for SMM.

Nah, I think it will definitely be at E3, with a demo and release date, it won't be a long trailer because it is just a remake but it will still be shown.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
"Welcome back everyone to Nintendo Treehouse Live, joining us now is special guest Phil Spencer!!, head of Xbox at Microsoft!! PHIL!! Welcome to the show"

Man, I wish Iwata was alive today. His Iwata Asks with Spencer would have been the best one.

Iwata: So Phil-san. Xbox is once again posed to finish in third spot. What are your thoughts on that?

Spencer: As you can see clearly, We've way past the point of caring. Why do you think we're allowing Halo to be on your system?

Iwata: (Laughs)

Spencer: Be my guest, laugh more.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Three Houses will 99% be in the direct. They've shown hardly anything when it comes to the story. We only (officially) know the basic premise of the plot.

I only expect a trailer though, with more focus in Treehouse and a dedicated direct later on.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making the necessary changes would likely involve redesigning multiple characters and potentially upset fans. It's really a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

A fan translation has been out for over a decade. Most people who really wanted to play it already have. NOA probably did a cost-benefit and figured they wouldn't see profit on it.
there just aren't that many Earthbound fans. there's a reason there's a lot of jokes about people being fans but not played the game. I doubt the number of people who'd be upset would outnumber the people who wouldn't care. as "in-the-know" as Earthbound fans seem to be, I would assume they know the about any necessary changes that would have to be made

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Why cant they just release Mother 3 on the Jap eshop with an English translation and have people buy it from there?

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
Ah, going into E3 blind is a amazing feeling. Thats hownl it is supposed to be. Yeah, the hype is not as big right now but will increase more than ever as E3 comes closer.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Ah, going into E3 blind is a amazing feeling. Thats hownl it is supposed to be. Yeah, the hype is not as big right now but will increase more than ever as E3 comes closer.

Yep! And this will be my first E3 going to E3 so I am really hyped to get to play the games, anything you guys want me to record? (obviously to early to answer that question but LM3, Pokemon, AC, Link's Awakening, etc will be there).

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
Yep! And this will be my first E3 going to E3 so I am really hyped to get to play the games, anything you guys want me to record? (obviously to early to answer that question but LM3, Pokemon, AC, Link's Awakening, etc will be there).

That's cool! :) If Astral Chain is playable I would love to see that game in action!
And enjoy yourself at E3 it will be a blast for sure.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
No new rumors of any kind on the Spawncast recently, by the way, Nate doubled down on Ori, but that's it.

Speaking of which, congrats to John and his wife on the baby, hope all goes well this week for y'all.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good think we're gonna have a Suda 51 tease/announcement next week to tide us over.

I wonder if that will be Switch related after all? Could be related to that FSR remaster he wants to get done, which going by how his other remakes/remasters have turned out, would be on PC first.

Then again, there's still that
tease from the adventure mode part of the DLC that's pointing towards some sort of NMH reveal soon.

Why cant they just release Mother 3 on the Jap eshop with an English translation and have people buy it from there?

Because they still would have to translate the game themselves first. Nintendo has never gone and bought a fan translation, and I doubt they'd start with Mother 3. It's a lot of text for such a niche product, and I highly doubt NoA (or NoE) are willing to take it on.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
No need for leaks.

We're so close now, as of now most speculation has been pretty sensible, so expectations aren't over the top.

I don't understand the Rabbids 2 talk though. You seriously expect a direct sequel to the level of quality of the first game (That Nintendo probably demands and Davide Soliani would kill himself to produce) in just barely 2 years? Consider the fact that the DK DLC came out 11 months and I could see a sequel late 2020. Makes the most sense.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if that will be Switch related after all? Could be related to that FSR remaster he wants to get done, which going by how his other remakes/remasters have turned out, would be on PC first.

Then again, there's still that
tease from the adventure mode part of the DLC that's pointing towards some sort of NMH reveal soon.

The momocon stuff might not be for Switch (although he has been talking about a killer7 port) but I'm pretty confident that the E3 game will be what everyone is thinking.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh I just remembered, do you guys think now that the PS showcase isn't a thing, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will be shown at NIntendo's direct? It makes more sense since the original was on there and the co-op focus is marketable wiht the joycons. Since they planned to release it this year and it's a remaster there's a chance it will be shown, no?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I just remembered, do you guys think now that the PS showcase isn't a thing, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will be shown at NIntendo's direct? It makes more sense since the original was on there and the co-op focus is marketable wiht the joycons. Since they planned to release it this year and it's a remaster there's a chance it will be shown, no?
CC is such a low key title, even if Sony were having a showcase, CC would appear in everyone's show

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
E3 is upon us ,, cant wait

hqdefault.jpg

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
My prediction
- HALO INFINITE SWITCH EDITION
- MOTHER 3-NO MAGYPSIES EDITION
- STAR FOX Rabbids for Andross
- Resident Evil 5 - Remastered ($60) with 20GB download

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This E3 is gonna be LIT

Even if you just go with what we know, and what is strongly rumored, we could be looking at:

- Opens with Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Maybe the cover mascots make their debut if they haven't already!
- On the topic of JRPGs, a quick promo for Dragon Quest XI S and Dragon Quest Builders 2
- On the topic of building stuff, embargoed features revealed for Super Mario Maker 2
- On the topic of Mario, an update on Luigi's Mansion 3, now with official subtitle
- Quick promos for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Daemon X Machina
- An update on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, dramatically expanding the scope of the game
- An update on Astral Chain, including co-op — and also from Platinum, a first look at Bayonetta 3
- An update on The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — and a Cadence of Hyrule shadow drop
- Possible announcement of Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- Possible announcement of SNES games on Nintendo Switch Online
- Possible announcement of Mother 3 localized for Switch
- Announcement of Xbox GamePass streaming games on Switch
- Announcement of Microsoft-published releases, i.e. The Master Chief Collection
- Announcement of Ori and the Blind Forest — releasing right after the Direct
- Possible updates on GameFreak's Town and Shin Megami Tensei V
- First look at Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch
- Reveal of DLC Challenger Pack 2 for SSBU

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I completely forgot about the Crystal Chronicles port. I guess it can get five seconds or so in a montage

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It cant be worst than last year, from the list of games we know at least.
Last year was pretty good though

Yeah as someone who isn't into Smash, I was disappointed with the 30 minute Smash direct inside the 45 minute E3 direct last year but I recognized it was Nintendo's biggest game and the holiday sales bore that out.

Fans have been spoiled silly. A bad E3 would be one like E32003 where their biggest game was Pac-Man vs. or that one year where it was clear they had moved on to Switch ,and Amiibo Festival was their big Animal Crossing game.

A game you don't like getting a big showcase doesn't make the presentation bad. Maybe bad for some people, but it can still be objectively good.

In anycase, it does look like we won't get a repeat of that this year.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, Pokemon Sword and Shield, and Animal Crossing are among my most wanted games, and those are all certain to be prominently featured at E3.

I'm also interested in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, but need to be sold a bit more on its world and characters. E3 could accomplish that.

E3 could also get me interested in Dragon Quest XI and Builders 2, as well as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Daemon X Machina.

Maybe we'll get Cadence of Hyrule shadow-dropped at E3 — and hopefully Treehouse Live explains how it plays.

E3 is also our best bet for the next fighter announcement for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

However you slice it, just looking at the stuff that's virtually guaranteed to appear, it's a stellar showing.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Online-enabled Crystal Chronicles seems like a nice way to promote Nintendo Switch Online.

Speaking of which, give us the SNES games! Star Fox 2, Stunt Race FX, etc. All were data-mined!

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Online-enabled Crystal Chronicles seems like a nice way to promote Nintendo Switch Online.

Speaking of which, give us the SNES games! Star Fox 2, Stunt Race FX, etc. All were data-mined!
Yeah, it just makes sense to promote it on their platform. And if they even do changes to the dungeons, maybe they can fix the Moogle fuckery and add him in multiplayer (like, assign him to follow one of the players or something) while not have him tired every 10 secs in the singleplayer mode. One of the most baffling game design decisions from that gen (next to their controller requirements). It's like they wanted to punish you into multiplayer.

Man can you imagine them launching SNES games without either Super Metorid, Super Mario World or Link to the Past? One of those just has to be there, imo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo really has a jam packed E3. Like others have said, just showing what we know is coming is already satisfying. It really is that good of a second half of the year.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Honestly, this is Nintendo's E3 to lose. It's honestly being handed to them. Sony is sitting it out, Microsoft could have a great show but it's going to be years before their first party lineup even comes close to what Nintendo has in sheer quantity. Nintendo has so many games in the second half of the year that they literally don't even have to announce any more games for 2019 and they would be completely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.