• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo really has a jam packed E3. Like others have said, just showing what we know is coming is already satisfying. It really is that good of a second half of the year.

As someone who's planning to skip Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion (maybe LA remake too, depending on the price. I'm not paying $60 for a game I finished more than 30 times already) I do hope Nintendo have some awesome surprises for this fall, either at this E3 or september Direct. Last fall lineup was one of the worst I had, I want this one to blow last year's out of water, even without AC or Luigi or LA.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
One thing out of left field I hope they announce is a beta test/testfire for Daemon x Machina multiplayer. Feel like that would be a great way to get people interested again considering their lack of marketing

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's planning to skip Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion (maybe LA remake too, depending on the price. I'm not paying $60 for a game I finished more than 30 times already) I do hope Nintendo have some awesome surprises for this fall, either at this E3 or september Direct. Last fall lineup was one of the worst I had, I want this one to blow last year's out of water, even without AC or Luigi or LA.
Considering you're skipping out on their three biggest games, you're going to be very disappointed.

Deleted member 59

Personally I'm not expecting much *new* from Nintendo at E3.

We're going to get Animal Crossing gameplay and info, Luigi's Mansion 3 info, more pokemon, more Astral Chain, hopefully a look at what's new in Links Awakening (I'm hoping it's not a straight like for like remake)

In terms of new announcements i feel we'll be lucky if we get one or two and they might be 2020 titles rather than between now and the end of the year releases. We're pretty much complete for Nintendo's 2019 schedule i feel:

June-July

Maker 2
Fire Emblem
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

August-December
Astral Chains
Daemon x Machina
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Links Awakening

Latter part of the year is packed.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Looking at what's slated to release in the rest of the year, I'm realizing that I'm basically only gonna be buying Nintendo exclusives:
For sure day 1 buys:
- SMM2
- FE 3 Houses
- Animal Crossing
- Astral Chain
- Pokemon Sword or Shield
- Link's Awakening

Maybe:
- DxM
- LM3

I'm not currently planning to buy anything on other platforms. I'll buy TLoU2 and FF7R if those are this year, which are far from locks. None of the other publishers are releasing anything interesting to me in the rest of 2019. Sony either has TLoU2 or nothing. MS probably has nothing big besides Gears 5, which I'm not interested in (might buy a month of Game Pass if I hear good things about MP, specifically the PC MP experience). Ubi only has GR which I don't want. Acti/Bliz probably isn't doing much besides WoW Classic and MW4, neither of which I want. SE only has FF7R, but I have doubts about it making 2019.

Seems like a slow rest of the year for most of the big publishers. Nintendo already has an outstanding rest of 2019 even without new announcements. There's gonna be an exclusive basically every month for the rest of the year, with some months having more than one.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Considering you're skipping out on their three biggest games, you're going to be very disappointed.

Not to me, they are not.

All of our insiders said this is going to be very "stacked", those three games won't be the only "big" releases of the second part of this year. Last year I skipped all first party games of fall, Pokémon Let's Go, Mario Party and Smash (I got Smash later this year) yet I had a great time on my Switch in that time period. Civ 6, DBFZ, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, Cities Skylines, Katamari, Valkyrie Chronicles 4... I have no doubt this year will top this.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Pikmin 3 would have fit well in the first half of the year, but it's way too late for that at this point. It's a bizarre release for the second half of the year if Nintendo didn't change their plans to release it this year. The Wii U ports are usually to have some release in months where no new first-party title is scheduled, but there are already enough major exclusives in the second half of the year to have one major game per month. There isn't a need for Pikmin 3... unless Nintendo wants to release the port now before Pikmin 4 makes a Pikmin 3 port redundant. Hmm. Pikmin 4 in 2020?

Deleted member 59

Not to me, they are not.

All of our insiders said this is going to be very "stacked", those three games won't be the only "big" releases of the second part of this year. Last year I skipped all first party games of fall, Pokémon Let's Go, Mario Party and Smash (I got Smash later this year) yet I had a great time on my Switch in that time period. Civ 6, DBFZ, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, Cities Skylines, Katamari, Valkyrie Chronicles 4... I have no doubt this year will top this.

In 2019 H2, Nintendo are also publishing: Astral Chains, Pokemon, Daemon X Machina, Dragon Quest XI S. Those factored in with AC, LM3, Zelda make it "stacked". I honestly don't expect much more this year from Nintendo. Maybe 1 more title at most.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
In 2019 H2, Nintendo are also publishing: Astral Chains, Pokemon, Daemon X Machina, Dragon Quest XI S. Those factored in with AC, LM3, Zelda make it "stacked". I honestly don't expect much more this year from Nintendo. Maybe 1 more title at most.

There will be lots of third party games for sure. I've never been a person who plays only first party titles on Nintendo platforms, on past consoles, first party games in my library were no more than 20 percent. This is the third year of Switch and with 35+ million userbase, I expect this fall to be filled with yet to be announced surprise third party games.

Deleted member 59

There will be lots of third party games for sure. I've never been a person who plays only first party titles on Nintendo platforms, on past consoles, first party games in my library were no more than 20 percent. This is the third year of Switch and with 35+ million userbase, I expect this fall to be filled with yet to be announced surprise third party games.

Sorry, i thought you were only referring to Nintendo titles!

I'm fully expecting things like Katrielle Layton and maybe Snack World to appear in like a third party quickfire montage this E3. Not sure what else, Spyro port maybe?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Guesses are much more fun than leaks, I'm really happy that no one is hinting at anything so close to e3.
My guess is dark souls 2 announced for October, and the division 2 for the end of this year as well (that one is a high risk high reward guess)!
Unfortunately, i stopped believing in The Witcher 3 (it'll be a freaking spinoff) which means I'll never finish that game (I couldn't in PC).

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
What if this years Animal Crossing game is an Amiibo Festival/HHD port?
Dont know why you raise such a question. It clearly is not..

Guesses are much more fun than leaks, I'm really happy that no one is hinting at anything so close to e3.

My guess is dark souls 2 announced for October, and the division 2 for the end of this year as well (that one is a high risk high reward guess)!

Unfortunately, i stopped believing in The Witcher 3 (it'll be a freaking spinoff) which means I'll never finish that game (I couldn't in PC).
Division 2 for switch? No way, how should this work

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm super eager to see what in the fucking world this Mario Kart Tour thing is already. We've known about it for a year and a half and we know nothing.

Either today or tomorrow should end this mystery.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the "even if they don't announce a lot this E3, it's gonna be lit" boat. Started a new job and will be extremely busy for the next 12-18 months so Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 are gonna be quite enough for me for the rest of the year, especially with third parties (God Eater 3, AI: Somnium Files, Creature in the Well, CrossCode etc. etc.) delivering in genres that I like. Pokémon SwSh and Luigi's Mansion are strong maybes as well.

I can see why some might be a bit disappointed though. Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 3 needed an early 2019 release to fill some first party holes, the rest of 2019 is too packed in comparison. Might slip into 2020 at this point. I think the most difficult thing for Nintendo this year is going to be to have a good "hype" game for the holidays. Last year it was Smash Bros., this year it's Pokémon and that game definitely needs a strong showing at E3. Personally speaking, I only wanna see No More Heroes 3 and a hint at 2020.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see how August is too packed to have Pikmin 3 or Metroid Prime Trilogy. I don't see MPT coming this year, but if Pikmin 3 comes then August is a good month. It only has Astral Chain and that's the last day of August.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm also in the "excited about Nintendo's E3 even if there aren't many surprises" boat. Every exclusive Nintendo are publishing between now and the end of the year is either a maybe or a must-buy for me, so that's a good position to be in. Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Zelda, Luigi and Animal Crossing in particular are very exciting for me - Daemon x Machina, Marvel and Pokemon as other potential options is the icing on the cake. Add in Dragon Quest XI S as another guaranteed buy, and I'm a happy chap.

While Nintendo might pull out another surprise for later this year, I'm personally not banking on it being another major first party title. Mario Maker 2, Pokemon and Animal Crossing are all going to join the 10 million+ club on Switch, and New Super Mario Bros U DX, Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda: Link's Awakening are good candidates for the ~5 million club (I'd expect the first two to exceed 5m but not hit 10m, Zelda I see doing 3 - 5 million). Add in the titles that'll sell in the 1m to 3m range (basically everything else bar Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina, which I think are unknowns commercially), and Nintendo have a broad, deep line-up.

I do think we'll see more third party games join Dragon Quest and Mario & Sonic in the year-end window, though, and if there are any big surprises, they'll be Switch getting some kind of Microsoft title. Ori and the Blind Forest seems a good bet, but I feel like a Switch version of Rare Replay (with the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Diddy Kong Racing and DK64 replacing titles like Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero) could be on the cards and would be a good surprise reveal. When you add in the time spent on DLC and indies, the only other thing I think we'll see in the E3 Direct are a handful of 2020 titles - I'm guessing Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Bayonetta 3 and a new Monolith Soft game.

I'd really love to see Retro Studios pop up at E3 with a finished game (I'll take Star Fox: Grand Prix or Donkey Kong World, thanks), but I'm avoiding having firm expectations there because Nintendo's line-up is so packed and we've all be disappointed by no-show Retro for several years now. But even without the expectation or even hope of huge, Earth-shattering surprises, I'm really looking forward to E3. Switch's first-party line-up this year is a dream for me and everything else on top is a great bonus.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Hasn't this already been completely debunked?
I don't know - I haven't kept up with the ins and outs of this rumour. The last I'd seen was that it may be real, but that many fans had written it off due to it not being announced yet. Things might have developed since then that have more categorically ruled it out, but if they have, I've missed them.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I hope we will see one (at least) thing from this:
-New Retro game
-Pikmin 3/4
-Metroid Prime Trilogy HD

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I don't know - I haven't kept up with the ins and outs of this rumour. The last I'd seen was that it may be real, but that many fans had written it off due to it not being announced yet. Things might have developed since then that have more categorically ruled it out, but if they have, I've missed them.

I'll tell you now, and many of us have this on very good authority, Star Fox Grand Prix is complete horseshit. It was all made up.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Insiders have basically said it was a ruse. It's not real.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't see how August is too packed to have Pikmin 3 or Metroid Prime Trilogy. I don't see MPT coming this year, but if Pikmin 3 comes then August is a good month. It only has Astral Chain and that's the last day of August.

Keyword is "in comparison". They are already publishing 11 games from July onwards and might have another eShop game in addition to Cadence of Hyrule. Not saying they will delay it to 2020 but if they wanted it out this year, the first half would have been the better time window.

Mar 30, 2019
So the next CoroCoro will have the 'latest Pokemon news'. This basically confirms Sword Shield News for the E3 or around that time at least. If anybody still had doubts about it.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if the Direct was opening with Pokémon, even if we got a trailer before it

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't think we'll see Pokemon SW/SH in the Direct, but it'll have a generous section in the Treehouse dedicated to it (at least an hour imo). A trailer will be released before the Direct imo.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
hope y'all ready for some fucking Donkey Kong

giphy.gif

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just realized I'll be flying during this Nintendo Direct... I think like 3 out of the last 4 directs I've been in the air. Fucking sucks. Will land at noon PST that day. 3 hours of awesome game announcements and news and demos and shit will have passed me by. SAD!

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Just realized I'll be flying during this Nintendo Direct... I think like 3 out of the last 4 directs I've been in the air. Fucking sucks. Will land at noon PST that day. 3 hours of awesome game announcements and news and demos and shit will have passed me by. SAD!
I'm going to miss this live too unfortunately.

Sad times.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

I'll also be flying at that time, but there will probably be an internet connection in the plane. I never tried youtube on those, but I would be ok with a 144p stream.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Retro must complete their DKC "Trilogy". Unfortunately, I don't think they have the time to do it anymore since they are working in Prime 4 and assuming Starfox GP is real :(

Star Fox GP is apparently super fake. If they got a finished game in the pipeline, and that's not a given, Donkey Kong is the most likely candidate.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm worried Retro's game will be F-Zero. It's just a series I don't care about. I guess I'd have to see it first and maybe they could do something with the series to entice me.

Oct 31, 2017
I really am hoping if there is any donkey kong game this is Diddy Racing 2. There where reports years ago now that Retro was working on this.

Im looking to see if Nintendo are happy with the response of VR from the public who bought Labo VR and whether or not we will have some more news of any other games coming to it, or even a Nintendo VR Switch.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
We're getting close to the direct. I'm currently playing trough and taking my time with Final Fantasy 12, great game that is. I think it will get me trough June as well . Mario Maker 2 will be the next Nintendo game I will buy. I haven't bought any Nintendo game this year so far but I'm pretty excited for MM2. Next up Fire Emblem and after that Luigi's Mansion. I'm hoping for a good Co Op feature to play with my wife and young daughter. Im not interested in Animal Crossing or Pokemon so I think that's all I will be buying in terms of Nintendo output in 2019.

Zelda is most likely early 2020 but at the top of my list for sure.

Other stuff Im interested in is Dragon Quest 11, Deamon x Machine, Astral Chain.

Predictions for E3 outside the expected stuff:
- Retro new game reveal planned for early 2020.
- Shocking announcement of the Witcher 3, and Cyberpunk 2077, or Red Dead 2 or something else but shocking none the less
- Monster Hunter Portable for 2020, Resident Evil 5 and 6, Disney Collection port
- Either Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur Port
- Xcom
- A new Blizzard port
- Small Octopath Traveler 2 teaser.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll tell you now, and many of us have this on very good authority, Star Fox Grand Prix is complete horseshit. It was all made up.

I like the theory that someone saw a build of Starlink in development with the Star Fox content, they had little context for it, and somewhere in the game of telephone that goes on with insiders, F-Zero got thrown into the rumor. This is (kinda) supported by when one of these insiders (I'll have to look back to see which one) predicted that Star Fox GP would show up in an upcoming Direct, and Starlink Star Fox content was shown in it.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I like the theory that someone saw a build of Starlink in development with the Star Fox content, they had little context for it, and somewhere in the game of telephone that goes on with insiders, F-Zero got thrown into the rumor. This is (kinda) supported by when one of these insiders (I'll have to look back to see which one) predicted that Star Fox GP would show up in an upcoming Direct, and Starlink Star Fox content was shown in it.

That "insider" you're thinking of was Vergeben, and he was actually just stealing from other people's predictions.

Long story short, GameXplain made a predictions vid about the thencoming February Direct, and Jonneh threw a prediction out there that Star Fox Grand Prix would be released in Spring and would have a demo released beforehand. Vergeben literally leeched off this and passed it off as insider info.

Status
Not open for further replies.