• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I like his sense of humor.

Just realized I'll be flying during this Nintendo Direct... I think like 3 out of the last 4 directs I've been in the air. Fucking sucks. Will land at noon PST that day. 3 hours of awesome game announcements and news and demos and shit will have passed me by. SAD!

Lately I've found plane Wi-Fi to be pretty good, no? You may have to pay for it though, depending on what airline you're flying.

Oct 25, 2017
That "insider" you're thinking of was Vergeben, and he was actually just stealing from other people's predictions.

Long story short, GameXplain made a predictions vid about the thencoming February Direct, and Jonneh threw a prediction out there that Star Fox Grand Prix would be released in Spring and would have a demo released beforehand. Vergeben literally leeched off this and passed it off as insider info.

Oof, so Vergeben isn't reliable? Is there a list of fairly trustworthy insiders? The only person I trust >50% is Emily.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tuesday happens to be my day off

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a school exam that ends 30 minutes before the E3 direct.
Home's 20 minutes away from uni if there are no perturbations.

gonna be tough

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
The real plot twist isn't that Retro would show off a new game they've been working on, but instead they show off Metroid Prime 4 pretty much done. They banged it out in 7 months

And it's a mastahpiece

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
ya'll still pretending Retro has a finished game to show. Cute!
Yeah, because assuming Retro've been eating out of their nose for 5 years is a much more reasonable assumption ;)

Who knows if they have anything to release, but assuming they have nothing after 5 years doesn't seem like the most logical default position to assume (even assuming something got cancelled at some point - either they worked on that for 5 years and then threw it away or they must have cancelled 2 projects, both of which had significant time put into them). It shouldn't be assumed imo that 'obviously they have nothing'.

Error_404

Nov 12, 2017
I normally work graveyard on tuesdays so I should be getting off around 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning, I'll grab a copy of Captain Marvel and watch it to kill time before the direct starts at 9:00 for me

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I've got a school exam that ends 30 minutes before the E3 direct.
Home's 20 minutes away from uni if there are no perturbations.

gonna be tough

Good luc
Why indeed.

Anyway when do we usually find out how long it is? I feel like I remember seeing vague time slots from a Japanese streaming service in the past.

I would say between 30-45min.

Depends on how much time they want to dedicate to F-Zero and Mario Strikers.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Why indeed.

Anyway when do we usually find out how long it is? I feel like I remember seeing vague time slots from a Japanese streaming service in the past.
I think within a week of the event happening. Like previously mentioned, Twitch gave us a time slot about a week in advance last year, and in 2017, a press release about a week before the event told us when Treehouse Live was expected to begin.

Deleted member 5322

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting any surprises at this thing? I mean, I guess at least one, but with what we already know is accounted for it seems like this would have to be a pretty long direct for them to announce too many new games.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting any surprises at this thing? I mean, I guess at least one, but with what we already know is accounted for it seems like this would have to be a pretty long direct for them to announce too many new games.
there's always new games at E3. that's a given. how "big" they are is subjective.

DHR54

Oh well.
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I am really hoping for a Pokémon info blowout. It's easily the most anticipated title this year for me.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there will be new games, it's just that i don't see any new big first party game being announced for 2019.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I know I am! I'm hyped for another 2D masterpiece from Retro!
Its time for 3D, not like Kirby were its stuck forever in 2D if Nintendo wants to continue DK eventually they should give a shot at 3D by Retro, they have the talent, i think, a third Country game would be a little underwhelming imo

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So.

How many days before we start seeing 4chan "leaks" and "rumours"?

I give it a week from now.

kululuart

May 22, 2018
I am really hoping for a Pokémon info blowout. It's easily the most anticipated title this year for me.
Don't get your hopes up. That's usually The Pokemon Company's wheelhouse, and they like to share info separate from Nintendo. It's more likely that we get a trailer/info right before E3 this year, like with Sun and Moon. The most you can probably expect at E3 are a few early game Pokemon and some gameplay footage from Treehouse.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems hard to think there will be a big first party game still coming this year. I can see a smaller title, but not something big

Well don't forget there's still Emily's eShop game, Pikmin 3 and Mystery Game #4.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It seems hard to think there will be a big first party game still coming this year. I can see a smaller title, but not something big

Well don't forget there's still Emily's eShop game, Pikmin 3 and Mystery Game #4.

And potentially Retro's game. Remember, Nintendo is publishing 3 games in July, which is typically a slow month. If they want to (and have the games to do it) they can publish 2-3 games every other month of the year too.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still think it's crazy that we're just over a year from the Star Fox Gran Prix rumor anniversary, and we've still heard nothing more from it. Of course most have written it off at this point, but I can't recall the last time such a high profile rumor got shut down like this. Felt like dozens of people were vouching for it.

But if the 3D DK Retro game is what they were really working on, I'd take that over SF any day.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's crazy that we're just over a year from the Star Fox Gran Prix rumor anniversary, and we've still heard nothing more from it. Of course most have written it off at this point, but I can't recall the last time such a high profile rumor got shut down like this. Felt like dozens of people were vouching for it.

But if the 3D DK Retro game is what they were really working on, I'd take that over SF any day.

It was a giant hoax that insiders fell for, somehow.

I think the issue is that we live in a post-Mario + Rabbids world. When you think about it, that game's concept basically sounds like a hoax in of itself (a strategy RPG crossover between Mario and Rabbids where the characters utilize guns). So when a just as equally insane concept like Star Fox Grand Prix emerged, I guess people gave it the benefit of the doubt.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

Someone probably saw images from the starlink update, and told it to someone who told it to someone who told it to someone and we got this rumour. At one point (or several) in the chain, a bad conclusion was drawn.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Insiders have come out now to say it was apparently a big hoax. We don't know more than that but I think it was probably the racing update in Starlink that got people to reevaluate and check again with their sources.

As for 3D DK that's not even a rumor, just speculation/hopes and dreams. We don't know if Retro will even have anything this year (or before MP4) but it does kinda feel like the last chance for that to be possible.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Retro has another game coming, we really don't have anything to go off of on the type of game it could be. There are no clues or hints. It could be anything tbh

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Retro's been working on something and I'm certain it's basically completed. I don't know what that little robot hand is in Reggie's retirement art but it aint nothing. I want Retro's next game before MP4 to be a 3D DK but not with a new main character as a robot. I hope thats a completely new IP they came up with.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Retro's been working on something and I'm certain it's basically completed. I don't know what that little robot hand is in Reggie's retirement art but it aint nothing. I want Retro's next game before MP4 to be a 3D DK but not with a new main character as a robot. I hope thats a completely new IP they came up with.

The robot hand seems to be related to an inside joke or something like that, a bunch of Retro employees and ex employees were talking about it like it was something that would be disappointing if we thought it related to a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.