• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There will definitely be a Smash reveal and it won't be Erdrick. Maybe another Dragon Quest character, maybe someone from another game entirely (Sora from Kingdom Hearts is my guess), but I don't think Erdrick is in at all.

Please don't bother me with quotes about "leaks" and datamines.
For what it's worth, the only thing Tansut was able to nail down was that a Dragon Quest character is on the way & that one of the characters (likely said DQ rep) has gender variants.

Though honestly, it's hard to imagine who "Brave" could refer to outside of Dragon Quest. Most of the ideas tossed around seem like major stretches.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hunch that Nintendo won't reveal a single new game for 2020 until the fall. The lineup for 2019 is so packed and they really don't seem interested in teasing beyond 6 month release windows, so that's my "prediction"

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a hunch that Nintendo won't reveal a single new game for 2020 until the fall. The lineup for 2019 is so packed and they really don't seem interested in teasing beyond 6 month release windows, so that's my "prediction"
Just to let you know they always reveal a game releasing the following year regardless of how packed the current year is.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
They may pull a 'hypish announcement then learn nothing for years' ala Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Five years is a long time to pay salaries with nothing to show for it. I'm sure Retro will show off what they've been working on (aside from MP4) at some point soon but if not, that's notable.
it is notable but again, i'm just basing my opinion on nintendo's trust in the team. i'm on the team that believes retro will have a game for this E3, i'm just saying if they don't, it doesn't change anything. for whatever reason, nintendo believes in the team enough to continue supporting them at this point, and giving them a new high profile project.

Tbf they did port DKCTF to Switch and made money from that.
lol, yeah they ported the game and it sold 2.25 million copies, that's more than what can be said about some bigger studios working on projects with bigger budgets :)

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
prediction: they won't have any new high profile announcement for the rest of 2019, but have two for 2020. retro's new game and new 2D metroid by mercury steam/sakamoto. those two, along with bayo 3, smt 5 and either botw or odyssey 2 (but not both) will be the major games of 2020, with a few more obviously added to the list later.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
True, though to be honest, they've never had a more packed release schedule to showcase at E3.
We always say that but Nintendo brings the empty Direct :^( how many years we said ' this is the good year they haven't revealed anything in ages' only for Nintendo to focus on a couple titles coming that year :^P

(But this year is gonna be good

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
We always say that but Nintendo brings the empty Direct :^( how many years we said ' this is the good year they haven't revealed anything in ages' only for Nintendo to focus on a couple titles coming that year :^P

(But this year is gonna be good
You are contradicting yourself.

Even if they focus on the games coming this year, they'll have more than a couple of games to talk about, it is probably closer to 10 (!!)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is at a point where they're going to have SO MANY GAMES to announce that every Direct will be great imo. Like we get the couple announcements here, but September's Direct will have another 2-3 juicy first party announcements. Them combining teams and not doing the handheld gaming no more has made Directs so much better.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
It's quite disappointing that 2 years after botw, Nintendo hasn't used the engine for anything else. I'm starting to think that next time we'll see it will be for botw2.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is at a point where they're going to have SO MANY GAMES to announce that every Direct will be great imo. Like we get the couple announcements here, but September's Direct will have another 2-3 juicy first party announcements. Them combining teams and not doing the handheld gaming no more has made Directs so much better.
yeah. they've really gotten in a good rhythm where they always have a ton of games to announce. the last two regular directs (september 2018 and february 2019) each had a ton of announcements.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta 3 and SMTV are 2020 titles.
i think they will be.

It's quite disappointing that 2 years after botw, Nintendo hasn't used the engine for anything else. I'm starting to think that next time we'll see it will be for botw2.
the sequel to botw of course would take more than two years, what else do you think they should have used that engine for, that would be in a presentable state after two years?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't you think they could've used Botw's world to make a spin-off game? Kind of like Links Crossbow training, but something different for Botw's world

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You are contradicting yourself.

Even if they focus on the games coming this year, they'll have more than a couple of games to talk about, it is probably closer to 10 (!!)
Yep i was not talking about this year specifically :^P
But who knows when Nintendo will pull an E3 'Smash' Direct but without Smash, those were not fun times

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
There will definitely be a Smash reveal and it won't be Erdrick. Maybe another Dragon Quest character, maybe someone from another game entirely (Sora from Kingdom Hearts is my guess), but I don't think Erdrick is in at all.

I'm on the same boat, the only "leak"we had about Erdrick turned out to be bogus and that "Brave" codename could be for anyone (Sora's Valor form is Brave form in Jp). I still think Luminary is a much better choice for a DQ character.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you think they could've used Botw's world to make a spin-off game? Kind of like Links Crossbow training, but something different for Botw's world

I know I say this everytime, but:

Take this:
dims

And use it for Shrines

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France

Sora would be such a downer :(
I'd take another FE character rather than Sora.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
So who is making the avatar bet thread for the upcoming E3 Direct if Retro is going to announce a new game or not?
Non-believers have to wear a BBQ spare ribs avatar.

Nov 2, 2017
The switch really has renewed my interest in Nintendo these last few years. Excited for this year in terms of games.

I'm still hoping for more Wii U ports

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm I wonder if MUA3 will be at this mystery press event. gameinformer mentioned other gaming outlets getting character reveals and their heavy coverage is wrapping up. That or they plan a desperate event post e3 or just use e3 for coverage

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With Microsoft being as spending happy as ever and Sony pledging to grow through acquisitions it's time for Nintendo to stop fucking around and buy Monster Games so they can make Excite Truck 2.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I was sure Bayo 3 was 2019 until they announced Astral Chain, now they would be releasing two Platinum action gamea right next to each other if its this year.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Microsoft being as spending happy as ever and Sony pledging to grow through acquisitions it's time for Nintendo to stop fucking around and buy Monster Games so they can make Excite Truck 2.
Monster intentionally broke away from NIntendo. I doubt a check would get them back if the steady work they were already getting wasn't to their liking

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Games won't even think of working with Nintendo again as long as they have the NASCAR license.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I knew it. Once I heard Andre flew out to NY I figured it was Mario Maker 2. He never goes to NY for a preview so I figured it was something bigger.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If that comes out next year will that really be that disappointing?

For me yes. I love the Zelda series and botw is probably the best game released in the last 20 years (though not my favorite but that's another debate). But Nintendo has a great tool in his hands and botw being the commercial success that it was, I wish that Nintendo would have gotten bolder and use that engine in other games. If that's what monolith has been doing, it'd be great.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Retro getting MP4 doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Sure you could speculate that it means that everything is fine there and they'll have a game ready to reveal in a month, but you could also speculate that they've been failing everything they've tried to get going for years so Nintendo gave them something they know to salvage them, especially if they had a good pitch for it.

There's no way of knowing what's happening there.

Status
Not open for further replies.