• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Can the Switch even run it tho? Even Xbox One and PS4 versions don't go higher than 30 fps so it's really hard to imagine

No idea. But Switch is the land of miracles, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to run it on Switch with as little sacrifices as possible. The game runs on GPD Win somewhat ok, that plus extra optimizations it might be possible on Switch.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo have never given THQNordic a spot on any Direct and E3 Direct will be same. Their games do not even appear Nintendo's "upcoming third party games" lists.

I could have sworn they made a fuss about the Wii U Darksiders release. Could be wrong, though.

No idea. But Switch is the land of miracles, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to run it on Switch with as little sacrifices as possible. The game runs on GPD Win somewhat ok, that plus extra optimizations it might be possible on Switch.

Actually, I think I'd be quite happy to see Witcher 2 on Switch, and that should be completely and utterly fine. So much of what I'd like to see is a second wind for 360-era titles

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
All I want from this E3 is that Retro shows what they've been working on for the last 5 years. That's all.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
My big prediction is either the show starts with a hardware reveal before the tournament with the tournaments being played on the new revision, or after the E3 Direct during the first Treehouse we get the reveal.

They said at the financial briefing no hardware was being shown at E3. And then the ad for their E3 presentation reiterated, SOFTWARE ONLY

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I said it earlier in the thread, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kosuke Yabuki's (EPD 9) next game. ARMS was released two years ago and didn't receive as much post-launch support as Splatoon 2. That group has also been releasing games around every three years since MKDS. Konno is handling MK Tour.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I said it earlier in the thread, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kosuke Yabuki's (EPD 9) next game. ARMS was released two years ago and didn't receive as much post-launch support as Splatoon 2. That group has also been releasing games around every three years since MKDS. Konno is handling MK Tour.

I think it'll be Mario Kart 9, but they'll present it next year. Arms was his passion project and there might be a sequel someday. Buy my bet is that Mario kart 9 started to be developed early 2017 if not late 2016, and will be ready for release next year unless Nintendo decides to sit on it for a year because mk8dx sells too damn well.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
They said at the financial briefing no hardware was being shown at E3. And then the ad for their E3 presentation reiterated, SOFTWARE ONLY
Exactly. The specifically mentioned that their E3 Presentation would be devoid of any hardware announcements, and that's what they meant at the financial briefing. For me it just felt like code for "announcement ain't happening there, but it's gonna be revealed real close to it". I still think an announcement the week before with showfloor units makes a ton of sense.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that all the conferences are done I wanted to ask this question for fun. From the following conferences, what one game would you like to see them announce for Switch? It could be a new game from them, an old game or even a collaboration game with Nintendo.

Bethesda-
Microsoft-
Ubisoft-
Square Enix-

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Bethesda- Fallout 3 Remastered
Microsoft- Halo MCC
Ubisoft- Beyond Good and Evil HD
Square Enix- Final Fantasy VI remaster

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that all the conferences are done I wanted to ask this question for fun. From the following conferences, what one game would you like to see them announce for Switch? It could be a new game from them, an old game or even a collaboration game with Nintendo.

Bethesda- Fallout 3
Microsoft- Ori and the Blind Forest
Ubisoft- AC Ezio trilogy
Square Enix- Compilation of FF7 Collection
Capcom- New Monster Hunter
I can dream, at least.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Bethesda-
Microsoft-
Ubisoft-
Square Enix-
Bethesda - Arkane's new game
Microsoft - Halo MCC
Ubisoft - New Rayman game
Square Enix - Bravely Third

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This might not mean anything but Doug Bowser and Kirk Scott (Nintendo indie guy) just followed Vince Zempella on Twitter who is the CEO of Respawn Entertainment.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Bethesda-
Microsoft-
Ubisoft-
Square Enix-

Bethesda: Fallout Super Pack (1, 2, 3, New Vegas)
Microsoft: Battletoads
Ubisoft: Rayman 4 (3D platformer)
Square-Enix: Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy pack

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
This might not mean anything but Doug Bowser and Kirk Scott (Nintendo indie guy) just followed Vince Zempella on Twitter who is the CEO of Respawn Entertainment.

I mean Apex Legends is going to Mobile. Switch uses a mobile processor, just with active cooling. Why not join the the last of the big 3 console userbases that still hasn't gotten Apex Legends..? Especially now since the existing Apex userbase has stagnated.

Can see it now, Apex Legends trailer pops up in Direct, at the end says "Available Now"

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what it'd take for Respawn to get Apex Legends on Switch running at 60fps...

giphy.gif

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only on top end apple phones. By now they should get it up on top end android phones but haven't yet. But the issue with Apex Legends is Source's scalability

Interesting. I guess we'll see. Apex Legends at 30fps would feel like quite the compromise to me but I'd be willing to try it out.

😂

He thinks it's a grittier redesign of Monita.

I'm convinced that 90% of Nintendo YouTubers got a Pokérus infection rotting their brain.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
i dreamt they announced Splatoon 3, you could ride a skateboard and it had battle passes

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
😂

He thinks it's a grittier redesign of Monita.

I have so many no's for this video, why should there be a grittier redesign of Monita? Why would Retro be making Nintendo Land 2?

That doesn't even make sense.

I'm pretty sure a Retro Studio's Nintendo Land 2 would cause more anger than DKCTF did lol.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I have so many no's for this video, why should there be a grittier redesign of Monita? Why would Retro be making Nintendo Land 2?

I'm pretty sure a Retro Studio's Nintendo Land 2 would cause more anger than DKCTF did lol.

The backlash that would come with Retro working on Nintendo Land 2 for the last 5 years...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He's trying so hard to fit something to the robot hand, which we don't even know if it's part of a game. He's not thinking clearly whatsoever.

Like you said, "why would Retro make a grittier redesign of Monita?"? That makes no sense...this is Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.