• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
It's very possible Retro's game, if it hasn't been cancelled is something like a Nintendo Land or perhaps in a genre people aren't expecting. Really should keep expectations low.
I remember Retro looking to hire people with experience in story writing and other RPG elements a couple of years ago, so I can't see why we should think of this possibility.

Also: we should just accept that the game -if it ever existed- is dead.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
How is Nintendo Land low expectations? That game was damn good.

And why would they be working on Nintendo Land?

I think there will be a subset of fans expecting a AAA Retro experience that may not like it. It really doesn't hurt to just not expect too much. It's been 5 years since their last game. We hear things which some have constrewed to mean a specific type of game, but I don't see why we should expect it

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Now that all the conferences are done I wanted to ask this question for fun. From the following conferences, what one game would you like to see them announce for Switch? It could be a new game from them, an old game or even a collaboration game with Nintendo.

Microsoft - funding ooblets on switch lmao
Ubisoft - I'd really like to try Anno!
Square Enix - War of the Lions port / generally more FF ports / Bravely Third / Octopath 2 / honestly I would just like some more SE content please

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Same. I loved Nintendo Land. It's one of Nintendo's most underrated games. I enjoyed Animal Crossing, the Zelda game, Metroid, Mario, Pikmin. It's so much fun with friends and family.

That's why people without friends and family hate the game. Nintendo really should implement online features to their party games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's why people without friends and family hate the game. Nintendo really should implement online features to their party games.
I got lucky at the time to have people around who played games lol. Most of the time I never have people locally to play with.

Yeah it NEEDS to have online. I guess I'm expecting a sequel to have online. Well I was expecting Super Mario Party to have real online and here we are...

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
What do y'all think of this: all three GC/Wii Zelda games (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword) released as a collection for Switch. Wind Waker would be more or less the Wii U remaster, Twilight Princess could have new content or more upgrades and Skyward Sword, the brand new remaster, not only looks better but streamlines a lot of the item pop ups etc.

Possible? Maybe. If you wanna make it impossible: chuck in remasters of the 3DS versions of OoT and MM.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
What do y'all think of this: all three GC/Wii Zelda games (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword) released as a collection for Switch. Wind Waker would be more or less the Wii U remaster, Twilight Princess could have new content or more upgrades and Skyward Sword, the brand new remaster, not only looks better but streamlines a lot of the item pop ups etc.

Possible? Maybe. If you wanna make it impossible: chuck in remasters of the 3DS versions of OoT and MM.
Why would Nintendo bundle them together when they can just milk us dry and charge $60 each?

Oct 26, 2017

As nice as that would be, there's no way they'd bundle all of them together like that. We'd likely get each one separately, perhaps even at a budget price of $40 or $50, but that's the best I'd expect

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
If Retro's game(s) are dead and Metroid is all they've got in the pipes, I wouldn't be surprised if it took us years before we know what happened there. If ever. Despite leaky Nintendo leaks Retro has done a superb job keeping operations secretive. Yet we're still all under the assumption at least one major title was in works, possibly two. Canned for Prime 4 would indicate some serious shit not panning out.

I'd take Dmax's suggested Zelda pack. I don't think it'll happen, but I'll take it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We are 2 weeks from E3. Leaks typically come the week prior to E3. Still lots of time for any potential leaks to surface.
Printing material generally right? Then the other thing is floor setup a few days before opening right?
Boy am I excited for this direct and any surprises it has in store

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Printing material generally right? Then the other thing is floor setup a few days before opening right?
Boy am I excited for this direct and any surprises it has in store
Typically from printing material and floor setup. Sometimes a person will leak things they hear following Judges Week, but the amount of leaks is limited to only a select few publishers and not many are foolish enough to leak Judges Week material.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liam and some other people did seem to know what was in Nintendo's Direct last year right before it started

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Typically from printing material and floor setup. Sometimes a person will leak things they hear following Judges Week, but the amount of leaks is limited to only a select few publishers and not many are foolish enough to leak Judges Week material.
That's what I figured although Nintendo typically abstains from judges week don't they?

Also I'm keeping an open mind as long as there's some cool reveals for Mua3 (along with plenty of treehouse time), and some surprises I'm happy

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Liam and some other people did seem to know what was in Nintendo's Direct last year right before it started
Yeah and I remember that warning right literally minutes before the direct began and confirmation after Daemon X Machina was revealed that the lineup he thought about was confirmed true. My heart sank in worry

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
That's what I figured although Nintendo typically abstains from judges week don't they?

Also I'm keeping an open mind as long as there's some cool reveals for Mua3 (along with plenty of treehouse time), and some surprises I'm happy
Yeah, Nintendo doesn't do Judges Week. They may see some outlets the week before E3 to prepare some coverage, but most of Nintendo's E3 presentation isn't known ahead of time... unless marketing materials leak or events of that type occur.

DeniroSerafim

Apr 5, 2018
The time seems right for a new DK game. I really think there's a decent chance the Odyssey team could be working on Donkey Kong.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh I just realized we'll likely get a release date for Disney Tsum Tsum festival in this won't we

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Didn't we just get Twilight Princess HD and WW HD on Wii U?

I'd prefer some remasters/ports of other games that they haven't touched for a while.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't we just get Twilight Princess HD and WW HD on Wii U?

I'd prefer some remasters/ports of other games that they haven't touched for a while.
Yep, but I think it's possible to port both TP/WW HD with minimal impact to their software pipeline, but I expect either one of those or both as a very late gen game perhaps when the Switch 2 is out and it would likely run on both systems.

It's way too soon IMHO to bring those out but I do see them making out on Switch eventually

There's also a chance of Zelda fatigue with LA remake this year, Nintendo wouldn't want to put out another Zelda HD game in the same year.

It would be
1) seen as inferior to the full LA remake
2) seen a substitute to the LA remake
3) not be as interesting because a good chunk of the core Zelda fan probably already owns the games on Wii U

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love TP/WWHD for the Switch, and I think it's going to happen sooner or later, just like nearly every other notable first party Wii U game.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Made a list of first party things by likelihood in my opinion.

Likely
• Pokémon Sword/Shield
• Super Mario Maker 2
• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
• Luigi's Mansion 3
• Animal Crossing
• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Fighter 2
• Astral Chain
• Daemon x Machina

Maybe
• Bayonetta 3
• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Fighter 3
• EPD 9 (Mario Kart 8/ARMS team) title
• EPD 11 (Star Fox Zero/Tank Troopers) title
• Metroid Prime Trilogy
• Pikmin 3/4
• Retro Studios title (not Prime 4)
• EPD 7 (2D Metroid/Rhythm Heaven/Tomodachi Life) title

Unlikely
• 3D Zelda title
• Splatoon title
• Monolith Soft Title

Near-Impossible
• Metroid Prime 4
• 3D Mario title

The likely section is obviously very safe. I put the games those EPD groups worked on as a reference, not as an indicator of what I think would be announced. I also think DQXI will get at least some sort of trailer.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess is something I'd be up for. Still, when it comes to Wii U ports, I'd like preference to be given to games that, so far, are only available on that system over HD remasters. (Which effectively means they should put Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and SM3DW (probably missing a few other first-/second-party games) out first)

I also think DQXI will get at least some sort of trailer.
I think it's even getting a release date. The game has come along quite nicely apparently and they've been pushing it in the West since the last Direct.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Fire emblem has been shown quite extensively during the last direct. I expect nothing more than a short reminder that the game is just around the corner, but I certainly hope that Nintendo will focus on showing other games.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Fire emblem has been shown quite extensively during the last direct. I expect nothing more than a short reminder that the game is just around the corner, but I certainly hope that Nintendo will focus on showing other games.
I do expect some sort of dedicated direct closer to release, but there's still a lot of details that have only been covered by places like Famitsu. I think the E3 direct will show a story-focused trailer, with gameplay at Treehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.