• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Honestly Nintendo can just flash the release date for Animal Crossing Switch and nothing else and I'd be satisfied

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you know what would get people to lick switch carts again? making them red
you know what game is perfect for getting a red cart? mother 1+2+3
just sayin

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
Somehow, I thought that Super Mario Maker was coming before E3...

Now I can see them going full "patch note" on us again.

Oct 31, 2017
Would be the first year for a long time we don't get to know much or anything about whats going to be in the direct.

Here is still to hoping that we will get a new switch *sports* title that somehow takes in wave race, 1080 and pilotwings or we get a kind of island that has them included.
I am sure that if Nintendo done an online and offline switch sports this would make Nintendo online subs go through the roof in terms of new subscribers.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
You guys getting anxiety about "patch notes" taking up too much time in the E3 direct are forgetting how many games they have compared to last year and act like they've done it more than once. Not to mention it doesn't say a focus on Mario Maker 2.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I remember this and this was a leak from E3, which is hilarious on its own. Like Mario Maker from E3 2014

I just hope that this year nothing leaks. We mostly know the games for this year anyways but I would like to be surprised when Retro announces a dark/gritty™ narrative driven 1st person open world shooter 🙃

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch can't run Dragons Dogma DA at native res so i wouldn't expect much from this (if it ever ever gets made)
For completely different reasons. DD is one of the first MTF games and the only(?) one that's open world. Meanwhile The Witcher 3 is built on top of an engine tailor made for large land masses. Compare the performance of The Witcher 2 and DD and you'd get a world of difference.

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
Guys but a new SwSh trailer when it should arrive? Usually something comes out by mid-May.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Normally i hate leaks. But i think it is the time of the year that i need some!

BelatedGrossBrocketdeer-small.gif

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys but a new SwSh trailer when it should arrive? Usually something comes out by mid-May.
I'd expect something by the end of the month.

I'd also expect another trailer for E3, and for them to continue putting out a new trailer every few weeks between then and the game's release.

Dec 23, 2017
Even though it's filled in the industry, there's not a first party studio first person shooter game from Nintendo. I wouldn't mind to see a Retro Studios take on a first person shooter game. I'm not expecting it nor is it what I want from them, but I wouldn't mind it.
Yeah it's won't ever happen. Nintendo will never again make a first party FPS. If they do I'm sure it wouldn't be what we expect and not a realistic strategic war setting. That's not Nintendo. Even more so retro just doesn't seem to have the freedom or desire to work on a brand new ip.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's won't ever happen. Nintendo will never again make a first party FPS. If they do I'm sure it wouldn't be what we expect and not a realistic strategic war setting. That's not Nintendo. Even more so retro just doesn't seem to have the freedom or desire to work on a brand new ip.

I know that ILikeFeet is waiting for Metroid Prime Feddy Force 2.

So am I, the first had potential even if the execution was lacking.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It could be. But I don't know, I expect something this week
In the past, they've tended to announce the videos a few days in advance, so we may not get anything this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if they waited for Detective Pikachu to have a few more weeks to itself before they crank up the game promotion.

Dec 23, 2017
It sure would be cool if Nintendo had a Western studio working on a game using a first person perspective. Too bad that'll never happen!
I've been saying for years it would benefit Nintendo greatly to have at least two more western studios. They can't get enough western third party games and lack that look and feel from first party. Retro is just a port house now and works on titles Nintendo gives them. Nothing original.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying for years it would benefit Nintendo greatly to have at least two more western studios. They can't get enough western third party games and lack that look and feel from first party. Retro is just a port house now and works on titles Nintendo gives them. Nothing original.

Next-Level is still doing great work, at least. They had Monster Games working with them before too, but they chose to focus on their own projects instead. Perhaps after Samus Returns, they'll be able to keep working with MercurySteam. Doesn't really fill the void that Monster Games left, but it's something!

Anyway, seeing as Retro is just a port house now, I'm really looking forward to that Prime 4 port! It's been trapped on other systems for far too long.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Metroid Prime 4 is a port or not original?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Retro are a port house just because the last game they released was a port?

Well, I guess the 3D Mario team is just a port house now; Captain Toad is clearly representative of their work going forward.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for leaks since I can't see the Direct as it airs anyway. I only want them for myself and do wish that anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled is not spoiled. I don't want to ruin it for everyone just myself :(

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's probably few leaks because there's not a huge amount of stuff to leak. I don't think we'll see much more than is already revealed. We'll see details of Animal Crossing etc. I do think maybe we'll get a Mario Party type reveal. Something like a Wii Sports for Switch. Something very multiplayer.

Or maybe there's few leaks because the toxicity of people on this site (and elsewhere) towards leakers sent them all into hiding.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lately if there hasn't been any leaks it means theres literally nothing to show. If we dont hear nothing until E3 that could be a bad omen imo.
Either we have leaks and end up with a witch hunt for spoiling the surprise, or we have no leaks and assume Nintendo is gonna have nothing (ignoring the fact there are a lot of games we barely have footage of).

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
even if no leaks meant no surprised (it doesn't but let's go with it) there's still like 5 games i'm interested in but have barely seen anything about them, so i'm good with some decent trailers about games i already know exist.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either we have leaks and end up with a witch hunt for spoiling the surprise, or we have no leaks and assume Nintendo is gonna have nothing (ignoring the fact there are a lot of games we barely have footage of).
Well I'm talking new stuff. Remember E3 2016 Edit: 2015

Reggie: "We have one more thing to show you." *Mario music starts playing* LOL

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The toxicity didn't help but I think those youtubers shining the spotlight on them that really made them quit.

Well that's part of what I meant by toxicity. Youtubers spreading these leaks and then coming after them if they're wrong.

Either way I think that's why we don't have many legit leaks, since it's really just not worth it to leak anymore, rather than because there's nothing to leak.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
E3 2015 had a lot of new game announcements and none of it was leaked as far as I remember. It may not have been the games people wanted, but they were new.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I think 2015 might be the most leak-proof E3 in the Direct era (besides the Smash stuff the day before; that all got datamined months before June).

Status
Not open for further replies.