• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I think there's probably few leaks because there's not a huge amount of stuff to leak. I don't think we'll see much more than is already revealed. We'll see details of Animal Crossing etc. I do think maybe we'll get a Mario Party type reveal. Something like a Wii Sports for Switch. Something very multiplayer.
The e3 cycle goes like this :

4 weeks to e3 : where are all the leaks? There must be no games this year. Embarrassing.

2 weeks to e3 : there's only been 1 leak so far, really poor year, only having 1 game to show at e3.

1 week to e3 : still only been 1 leak, no-one cares about Nintendo anymore there are no games this year.

2 days to e3 : some roady just leaked the entire line-up omg there is so many games!!!

5 minutes after e3 direct : man that was so disappointing the leaks ruined everything for me.

3 months after e3 : my wallet! My poor pooooooor wallet, also come on Ninty we are thirsting for a direct.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The e3 cycle goes like this :

4 weeks to e3 : where are all the leaks? There must be no games this year. Embarrassing.

2 weeks to e3 : there's only been 1 leak so far, really poor year, only having 1 game to show at e3.

1 week to e3 : still only been 1 leak, no-one cares about Nintendo anymore there are no games this year.

2 days to e3 : some roady just leaked the entire line-up omg there is so many games!!!

5 minutes after e3 direct : man that was so disappointing the leaks ruined everything for me.

3 months after e3 : my wallet! My poor pooooooor wallet, also come on Ninty we are thirsting for a direct.
Lol this be true too

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
My E3 predictions:
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 reveal
  • Animal Crossing Switch reveal + in-depth look with Treehouse
  • Astral Chain new trailer + in-depth look with Treehouse
  • Super Mario Maker 2 final trailer? + in-depth look with Treehouse
  • Super Mario Party DLC reveal
  • A few surprise third party ports

Nearly zero chance of Super Mario Party DLC. We would have already gotten it at this point, as we did with Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis.

They will almost certainly bring out Super Mario Party 2 this fall and go back to the yearly entry format for that series, sadly.

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
I never want to get my hopes up for any game release; therefore, I'm assuming Animal Crossing is an early 2020 game.
Because you insist on saying that Animal Crossing is a 2020 game. A few weeks ago it was reconfirmed for 2019 at the Nintendo meeting. If all goes well, it comes out in September, otherwise we will have to wait until December. A delay to 2020 I see it unlikely now

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Nearly zero chance of Super Mario Party DLC. We would have already gotten it at this point, as we did with Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis.

They will almost certainly bring out Super Mario Party 2 this fall and go back to the yearly entry format for that series, sadly.
They could be waiting to show something substantial. It shows that Nintendo doesn't want to release games and just leave them that way, as expressed in interviews.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a surprise I knew we'd get a direct of some kind before E3. It was always Super Mario Maker 2 or Smash or a Mini Direct

Dec 23, 2017
Retro are a port house just because the last game they released was a port?

Well, I guess the 3D Mario team is just a port house now; Captain Toad is clearly representative of their work going forward.
The point I'm making is that they aren't making any original brand new ips. Just my opinion but I would love to see what they can do being as talented as they seem to be. Maybe that is something they don't want and is just comfortable making whatever Nintendo tells them to make.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The point I'm making is that they aren't making any original brand new ips. Just my opinion but I would love to see what they can do being as talented as they seem to be. Maybe that is something they don't want and is just comfortable making whatever Nintendo tells them to make.
They were chosen for Metroid and they wanted to do DK. It's not like they've made any new IP's in the past. They said they wanted to do a sequel to DKCR.

Most of use still feel they have another game coming this E3. We know they were working on a game last year.

Dec 23, 2017
They were chosen for Metroid and they wanted to do DK. It's not like they've made any new IP's in the past. They said they wanted to do a sequel to DKCR.

Most of use still feel they have another game coming this E3. We know they were working on a game last year.
Okay. Again I said maybe that's just what they want to do. We will see. I mean we have went this long without a new game from them. I'm okay without one if that what happens.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this year's digital presentation is like the 2014 one where Breath of the Wild and Splatoon were first announced. I liked hearing the developers talk about their experience and rational for making the game.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow, i thought for sure smm2 was gonna get a decent chunk of time in the direct. oh well, more time for other games.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
games i expect to get long trailers:

games i expect to get a short reminder/release date trailer:
time to update this

games i expect to get long trailers:
link's awakening
luigi's mansion 3
animal crossing
pokemon sw/sh
astral chain
mother 1+2+3

games i expect to get a short reminder/release date trailer:
mario maker 2
dragon quest 11 S
daemon x machina
fire emblem three houses
marvel ultimate alliance 3

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Didn't Nintendo say they were not having any significant announcements at E3 or something?
They didn't, they said they were not revealing hardware at E3. Software focus is on 2019, but 2020 games are possible. And new reveals are by no means ruled out (but don't go in expecting big first party titles for 2019, 2019 H2 is already too stacked for words in that regard).

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did they say then? I feel like I remember something around the investor/FY thing not the hardware giving hint they weren't showing any new games for like 2020 or something.
They didn't, they said they were not revealing hardware at E3. Software focus is on 2019, but 2020 games are possible. And new reveals are by no means ruled out (but don't go in expecting big first party titles for 2019, 2019 H2 is already too stacked for words in that regard).
Ok

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a real chance we see that rumored 2D Metroid this year. That might be Emily's mystery game #4.

I wouldn't be shocked if they showed us a brief teaser of MP4 (presumably something related to the demo Retro pitched to NCL) and then after that an announcement of the new 2D game.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my god that could be Mystery Game 4 I can see it right now.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit I won't be mad if Super Mario Party 2 was the 4th Mystery game. As long as the boards are a little bigger, there are more boards, the economy changes and more items, then I'll be happy.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I hope this year's digital presentation is like the 2014 one where Breath of the Wild and Splatoon were first announced. I liked hearing the developers talk about their experience and rational for making the game.
My only problem with this is that they occasionally went on far longer than they needed to. During 2014, the length of them was decent, but I remember they did it again for the following year, and many of the segments like Yarn Yoshi went on way too long. I do really like the rapid-fire approach that they've been taking in their recent directs. This could still work for a big show like E3 since they would still be able to show off more of the game during the Treehouse (and also bring in the devs to talk about it)

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really feel all the announced game for 2019 will make it this year - but if you forced me to choose one game that will be delayed, it would be Luigi's Mansion 3. I can see it getting Dark Moon's March spot.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's a real chance we see that rumored 2D Metroid this year. That might be Emily's mystery game #4.

I wouldn't be shocked if they showed us a brief teaser of MP4 (presumably something related to the demo Retro pitched to NCL) and then after that an announcement of the new 2D game.
that would be a great announcement, i just hope it isn't 2019 and it's a 2020 title. there's way too much for this year.
i also hope it's not a super metroid remake and it's finally a new 2D game.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be shocked if it weren't. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason Nintendo disappointed with a complete lack of DLC for SMP was because there is more money to be made in it being a yearly franchise again.
Yeah, why charge little to nothing for DLC when you can charge full price for a new game and have just as many people buy it. This is also why we're probably getting Odyssey 2 and MK9 instead of DLC for those games.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, why charge little to nothing for DLC when you can charge full price for a new game and have just as many people buy it. This is also why we're probably getting Odyssey 2 and MK9 instead of DLC for those games.
I agree regarding Odyssey 2, & that MK9 is more likely than DLC for MK8D at this point. But I feel like Yabuki's team may just do another new IP this gen after they're done with Mario Kart Tour & save Mario Kart 9 for later.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017

I would honestly buy a new expanded Super Mario Party or Super Mario Odyssey in a heartbeat, so they are definitely right lol

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would honestly buy a new expanded Super Mario Party or Super Mario Odyssey in a heartbeat, so they are definitely right lol
Most of us would. Nintendo generally cut out many ideas during game development, that can easily churn out a new, fully-fledged sequel in 2-2.5 years. That said, I really, really want the SMO team to make a new 3D DK game before Odyssey 2.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree regarding Odyssey 2, & that MK9 is more likely than DLC for MK8D at this point. But I feel like Yabuki's team may just do another new IP this gen after they're done with Mario Kart Tour & save Mario Kart 9 for later.
You guys always make it sound like Nintendo needs a ton of people to do Mario Kart Tour. I can only imagine a smaller group doing that while the rest do something bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.