• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Lately if there hasn't been any leaks it means theres literally nothing to show. If we dont hear nothing until E3 that could be a bad omen imo.
Doug Bowser's first act as the new President of Nintendo of America was a company-wide announcement that he'd personally fireball anyone who leaked anything. You don't want to piss off the King Koopa, do you?

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed

I love the controls in the trilogy release. But I'm worried about the accuracy of the joycons vs wii remotes. Are there any good "pointer" style switch titles that use the joycons for us to benchmark this with?
Splatoon 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The former can take some time to get used to but the later was pretty natural for me

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know what surprises to expect from Nintendo. I mean with their output for the rest of the year I'd legit be content if they showed nothing that we didn't already know about. That being said they will definitely bring unannounced stuff to the table and I am excited!

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Small update on Nintendo's booths at E3 2019

Some new data on booth dimensions was recently made available. In terms of size the booths do not differ from last year but their placements (XY coordinates on the floorplan) do:

4822, Nintendo of America Inc., 100 x 200
STARTXY: 3705.9576352900003,1841.5999982199974

5244, Nintendo of America Inc., 110 x 90
STARTXY: 5077.51848279,1826.79700637

4822, Nintendo of America Inc., 100 X 200
STARTXY: 3745.99997539,1843.49999822

5244, Nintendo of America Inc., 110 x 90
STARTXY: 5068.51848279,1847.29700637

No greater differences as you can see but I assume these changes may be due to the fact that Sony won't exhibit in West Hall. The background image that will be used for the E3 2019 floorplan of West Hall via Map Your Show is this:

2019_dwxjka.png

Last year this was how West Hall looked:

laddaned2odjws.png

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/...236079048-317D7DC9-D130-B5AC-267061503C8352D6

If anyone wants to do the math and draw approximately where on the floorplan Nintendo's booths are, be my guest. The floorplans should become available in visual form quite soon however.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
You all know 2/3 of the Direct is going to be eaten up by Three Houses and Nintendo's decision to detail each and everyone of the faction characters, along with their attack animations/quotes.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
With the Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow, it's safe to assume it's presence at the E3 presentation will be minimal, just as I predicted.
I expect the same for MUA3 cause it has a big feature in Game Informer and Fire Emblem, which I believe might get it's own dedicated Direct closer to release. Maybe a short story trailer for FE, but nothing substantial.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
With the Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow, it's safe to assume it's presence at the E3 presentation will be minimal, just as I predicted.
I expect the same for MUA3 cause it has a big feature in Game Informer and Fire Emblem, which I believe might get it's own dedicated Direct closer to release. Maybe a short story trailer for FE, but nothing substantial.
Definitely. I'll be surprised if there is more than a minute of Mario Maker 2 info/footage in the E3 Direct.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think a little tease for the next 3D Zelda would be a good finale. It's getting more and more reasonable to believe it's at a showable state.

Open with Animal Crossing, close with that.

FE, LM3 and Astral Chain are good middle points. Put the LA remake right before transitioning to the tease.

Next 3D Mario/Odyssey 2 will probably be shown closer to its release. Next E3 is my bet for a Holiday 2020 release. Maybe a tease in a H1 Direct.

SWSH and MM2 will be shown outside of the direct. Smash could have its own event too, like 2015.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people are really getting their hopes up if they think Nintendo is gonna undercut Link's Awakening

Oct 27, 2017
I think a little tease for the next 3D Zelda would be a good finale. It's getting more and more reasonable to believe it's at a showable state.

Open with Animal Crossing, close with that.

FE, LM3 and Astral Chain are good middle points. Put the LA remake right before transitioning to the tease.

Next 3D Mario/Odyssey 2 will probably be shown closer to its release. Next E3 is my bet for a Holiday 2020 release. Maybe a tease in a H1 Direct.

SWSH and MM2 will be shown outside of the direct. Smash could have its own event too, like 2015.
nah,i dont see why theyd show Zelda Switch before the release of LA. At the earliest i think itd be shown at TGA

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
nah,i dont see why theyd show Zelda Switch before the release of LA. At the earliest i think itd be shown at TGA
Nintendo kinda did that in 2013 by teasing Zelda U at E3 after it announced ALBW in an earlier Direct. The next 3D Zelda and Link's Awakening are gonna be on the same platform, though, so I'm not sure if they'd do it again.

Last edited:

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Nintendo kinda did that in 2013 by teasing Zelda U at E3 after it announced ALBW in an earlier Direct. The next 3D Zelda and Link's Awakening are gonna be on the same platform, though, so I'm not sure if they'd do it again.

No, Zelda U/BOTW was announced during a Wii U Direct in January of 2013. A Link Between Worlds was announced during a general Direct in April of 2013.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
had to quickly read through it. is it specified how long the presentation will take? I'd guess approx. 30 minutes?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't count the January direct as a Zelda announcement. That wasn't an announcement. We all know 3D Zelda was being made. E3 2014 was the real Zelda Botw announcement

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
people are really getting their hopes up if they think Nintendo is gonna undercut Link's Awakening
I haven't had a look through this thread, but I imagine it's much of the usual: Nintendo fans setting their expectations WAY too high.

I really don't expect to see anything more than MORE of what they've told us about already. They'll show more Luigi's Mansion, they'll show Animal Crossing, more Pokemon, probably a new Smash character, etc. Sure there'll be one or two surprises and maybe a number of 3rd party/indie announcements, but other than that it'll be par for the course.

I think anyone expecting a new Zelda reveal is kidding themselves though - like....what?

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Dont forget that NSMB Wii and Galaxy 2 were both revealed at E3 2009. Same could happen with Zelda.

Nintendo changed quite a bit last 2-3 years compared to that period, especially when comes to managing game reveals, marketing, release dates..

I also dont expect they will show new Zelda before Zelda LA is out, IMO first potential reveal for new Zelda could be TGA in December, hardly we will have anything before LA is out especially at this year's E3.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Besides LA, the only Zelda news I would like to see that is somewhat reasonable to hope for at this E3 is WWHD and/or TPHD ports for the Switch.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Besides LA, the only Zelda news I would like to see that is somewhat reasonable to hope for at this E3 is WWHD and/or TPHD ports for the Switch.

I dont think people should expect any other Zelda related news outside LA from this E3,
especially when comes to potential WW/TP HD ports because all Wii U ports until now were announced in Drects not at E3s.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a look through this thread, but I imagine it's much of the usual: Nintendo fans setting their expectations WAY too high.

I really don't expect to see anything more than MORE of what they've told us about already. They'll show more Luigi's Mansion, they'll show Animal Crossing, more Pokemon, probably a new Smash character, etc. Sure there'll be one or two surprises and maybe a number of 3rd party/indie announcements, but other than that it'll be par for the course.

I think anyone expecting a new Zelda reveal is kidding themselves though - like....what?

There will be at least one new first party game announced, there always is. I don't get how thinking that is setting expectations too high.

I don't think there will be a new Zelda reveal here but it wouldn't shock me either. I'm predicting a new 2D Metroid revealed though.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019

Our expectations are based on what Nintendo has done in the past, 2-3 new game reveals like they did in E3 2017 and 2018 and one third party reveal like we got with rocket league and fortnite.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow calm down on the expectations. Everyone is expecting 2-3 games to be announced. Relax your expectations are getting out of hand.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Number of completely new and unknown First Party developed/published Switch games by direct:

1.12.2017 - Nintendo Switch Presentation - 7 (1-2 Switch, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, XC2, FEW, Octopath)
1.18.2017 - Fire Emblem Direct - 1 (Fire Emblem Switch)
6.12.2017 - Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 - 4 (Yoshi, Pokemon Gen 8, MP4, Kirby)
1.11.2018 - Nintendo Direct Mini - 1 (Mario Tennis)
3.08.2018 - Nintendo Direct - 1 (Smash)
6.12.2018 - Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 - 2 (Super Mario Party, Daemon X Machina)
9.13.2018 - Nintendo Direct - 2 (Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing)
2.13.2019 - Nintendo Direct - 5 (MM2, Boxboy, Tetris 99, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening)

I'm expecting at least 2 new First party announcements. This also really highlights how good the February direct was.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Number of completely new and unknown First Party developed/published Switch games by direct:

1.12.2017 - Nintendo Switch Presentation - 7 (1-2 Switch, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, XC2, FEW, Octopath)
1.18.2017 - Fire Emblem Direct - 1 (Fire Emblem Switch)
6.12.2017 - Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 - 4 (Yoshi, Pokemon Gen 8, MP4, Kirby)
1.11.2018 - Nintendo Direct Mini - 1 (Mario Tennis)
3.08.2018 - Nintendo Direct - 1 (Smash)
6.12.2018 - Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 - 2 (Super Mario Party, Daemon X Machina)
9.13.2018 - Nintendo Direct - 2 (Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing)
2.13.2018 - Nintendo Direct - 5 (MM2, Boxboy, Tetris 99, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening)

I'm expecting at least 2 new First party announcements. This also really highlights how good the February direct was.
Not sure if it's been discussed, but I think one of the reasons why the Direct landscape with regards to how fans are approaching it has calmed quite a bit because of how good that February direct was. I feel many people for once felt their incredibly high expectations of a Direct were met, and as such are not as giddy for the next one. Might also explain why "leaks" from non-credible sources are rather calm this time around: there isn't that whirlpool of anticipation for a new Direct, and everyone was calmly waiting for E3.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to the booth staging. Hoping it'll be Animal Crossing themed, and they'll have a little Brewster's Café open for business.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol some people are going too far in the other direction now it seems. Eventually expecting video games to be shown at their E3 Direct will probably be expecting too much.

Wait, what!?! You're there for games? Silly person, the direct will be 40 minutes of Doug Bowser sitting on his throne throwing fireballs at any who cross his path.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wow calm down on the expectations. Everyone is expecting 2-3 games to be announced. Relax your expectations are getting out of hand.
Are you talking first party in this case? If so, I agree: considering the huge amount of games announced for the next 7 months, it won't be stuffed with new, big games. But I can see 1-2 new first party, possibly for 2020, being announced.

If you include third party in that number, then I don't agree, since I think we will have several third party announcements.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue here is with the term "expecting," as if anything less than an arbitrary line in the sand is a disappointment. For this reason, I prefer using the terms "hope" or "wish" or "would like," as these reflect my desire for a certain outcome but don't imply certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.