• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said before I just hope they don't dwell too much on one game or reannounce known stuff. New trailers sure

Hoping for some 3rd.party surprises as well

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nearly zero chance of Super Mario Party DLC. We would have already gotten it at this point, as we did with Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis.

They will almost certainly bring out Super Mario Party 2 this fall and go back to the yearly entry format for that series, sadly.
The characters were all on disc though (at least partially given the datamines). Let's not forget that it took almost an entire year for them to add actual substantial content to Aces in new modes. So the length for SMP isn't really that substantial by comparison.

My hope is that they get a smaller team to work on DLC while the bulk of the team works towards biannual sequels. If anything is nearly zero, I'd say it's the chances of SMP2 releasing this year. The backhalf of the year is already loaded, plus more from insiders that aren't SMP.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If anything is nearly zero, I'd say it's the chances of SMP2 releasing this year. The backhalf of the year is already loaded, plus more from insiders that aren't SMP.

It's really not "loaded." At least not to the point where a new Mario Party game can't be released. And saying it's "nearly zero" that SMP2 releases this fall when they abandoned the original game after release with no plans for DLC is strange.

It'll happen.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's really not "loaded." At least not to the point where a new Mario Party game can't be released. And saying it's "nearly zero" that SMP2 releases this fall when they abandoned the original game after release with no plans for DLC is strange.

It'll happen.
We don't know if they "abandoned" anything, that's just a blind assumption on your part. I literally just made an argument for why that isn't the case. You can't say that when Aces took 11 months to add two new modes.

As for the upcoming line up, we have:

First Party Developed: Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, LM3, Pokemon SWSH
First Party Published: Deus Ex Machina, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S
Rumored from trusted sources: Pikmin 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Eshop Only game, and potentially Retro's Game

So yeah, that's pretty stacked for a 5 month span. 4 confirmed first party developed titles plus what Emily says already puts us over more than one game per month.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
When I say "abandoned," I don't mean they had plans and dropped them.

I mean they released the game and were done with it.

They will not be doing DLC for Super Mario Party. There will be a sequel instead.

And to clarify, I want to be wrong about this.
Again, that's just an assumption on your part, not a defined statement.

And you keep repeating the same point without explaining why. At first you denied this year being "packed" then I posted 7+ first party published games being released in a 5 month frame. You can't just keep plugging your ears and ignoring what we know.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Again, that's just an assumption on your part, not a defined statement.

And you keep repeating the same point without explaining why. At first you denied this year being "packed" then I posted 7+ first party published games being released in a 5 month frame. You can't just keep plugging your ears and ignoring what we know.

I don't believe that is "packed" where you can't release a new Mario Party game. Almost every single game in the series from 1 through 8 released as a yearly title, even in "packed" years. That argument doesn't hold much weight.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We don't know if they "abandoned" anything, that's just a blind assumption on your part. I literally just made an argument for why that isn't the case. You can't say that when Aces took 11 months to add two new modes.

As for the upcoming line up, we have:

First Party Developed: Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, LM3, Pokemon SWSH
First Party Published: Deus Ex Machina, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S
Rumored from trusted sources: Pikmin 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Eshop Only game, and potentially Retro's Game

So yeah, that's pretty stacked for a 5 month span. 4 confirmed first party developed titles plus what Emily says already puts us over more than one game per month.
You forgot MUA3.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe that is "packed" where you can't release a new Mario Party game. Almost every single game in the series from 1 through 8 released as a yearly title, even in "packed" years. That argument doesn't hold much weight.
Show me a year when Nintendo had 11-12 first party published games on a single console in a 5 month span and also released a Mario Party then you have a point. Otherwise these are just empty words. Because right now your argument is pretty weak right now and you're just choosing to ignore the facts we know.

I specified August through December.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Show me a year when Nintendo had 11-12 first party published games on a single console in a 5 month span and also released a Mario Party then you have a point. Otherwise these are just empty words. Because right now your argument is pretty weak right now and you're just choosing to ignore the facts we know.

I specified August through December.
That makes sense

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ubisoft will unveil 3 unannounced "AAA" games in their conference. any chance one of them may be a new nintendo collab?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
ubisoft will unveil 3 unannounced "AAA" games in their conference. any chance one of them may be a new nintendo collab?

Most likely Mario + Rabbids 2 for 2020. Personally I want a sequel but without the stupid Rabbids. I despise them, to the point where I can't stop myself to rip the heads off the plush toys whenever see one in a supermarket.

I'm praying for Mario + Rayman instead of Rabbids.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Is Mario + Rabbids a AAA title?

Most likely Mario + Rabbids 2 for 2020. Personally I want a sequel but without the stupid Rabbids. I despise them, to the point where I can't stop myself to rip the heads off the plush toys whenever see one in a supermarket.

Rabbids are the fucking best. They made that game.

Deleted member 52093

Banned
Jan 17, 2019
I really do like M+R, but if another Nintendo/Ubisoft collab, I rather see something else. Also, I don't think Ubisoft considers M+R to be AAA. I could be wrong though.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

really? i thought they were pretty good. the game's humor was because of them and i think it really helped the experience. without them the game wouldn't have been as fun.

Is Mario + Rabbids a AAA title?
eh why not. at least when it comes to switch games it had really high production values.

redmambaxiii

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So when is this cheaper switch revision coming actually? I see an, "only software at e3" announcement so will I even be able to play MUA3 on a cheap, Pikachu themed handheld or not

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario + Rabbids was damn good. The Rabbids were great and portrayed in a way that made them loveable and not annoying.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
really? i thought they were pretty good. the games humor was because of them and i think it really helped the experience. without them the game wouldn't have been as fun.

They're as fun as Minions which I also despise. Rayman universe has Teensies, they're much, much better than Rabbids in terms of cuteness and design. And they actually have certain "classes" that could make a sequel more interesting.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So when is this cheaper switch revision coming actually? I see an, "only software at e3" announcement so will I even be able to play MUA3 on a cheap, Pikachu themed handheld or not

It's possible they announce the revision before E3 but I'm starting to doubt it. People think we might hear about it today during the SMM2 Direct, or maybe within a week or so.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my argument against mario+rabbids 2 this year is also because the game has been featured in the last 2 ubi conferences, 2017 with the unveiling and miyamoto appearance and 2018 with the dlc and a grant kirkhope musical performance. if we get something this year it'd be 3 years in a row, i think this year they should give it a rest.

Mario + Rabbids was damn good. The Rabbids were great and portrayed in a way that made them loveable and not annoying.
agreed. personally it's my biggest surprise on switch, i didn't expect much but it ended up being such a great experience. it's super polished and well made, and is one of the best looking games on the system.

They're as fun as Minions which I also despise. Rayman universe has Teensies, they're much, much better than Rabbids in terms of cuteness and design. And they actually have certain "classes" that could make a sequel more interesting.
i hate minions too, but i think the rabbids in m+r were really funny.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Switch can't run Dragons Dogma DA at native res so i wouldn't expect much from this (if it ever ever gets made)

A good way to get an idea whether the Switch will run certain games is searching for GPD Win 2 videos. These systems have similar available specs (with the GPD also having to run a full Windows). Here is one:

This is still not optimized (which would be done for a decent port) and already looks okay to me. With optimizations it will probably be good enough. Of course, for this title a lot of optimization would be needed.

I think the main question here is not whether it would run well enough with optimizations, but whether CDPR is aware of us Switch owners being quite interested in having a portable Geralt, and will be willing to invest resources into the port.

It is virtually the same question that we have with much easier to port previous gen games such as GTA 5 and RDR 1.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
A good way to get an idea whether the Switch will run certain games is searching for GPD Win 2 videos. Here is one:

This is still not optimized (which would be done for a decent port) and already looks okay to me. With optimizations it will probably be good enough.

I think the main question here is not whether it would run well enough with optimizations, but whether CDPR is aware of us Switch owners being quite interested in having a portable Geralt, and will be willing to invest resources into the port.

It is virtually the same question that we have with much easier to port previous gen games such as GTA 5 and RDR 1.

Apparently RDR 1 is a bit of a mess so porting it over is incredibly difficult. I wouldn't even expect that on the PS4 or XB1, really

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Meh - thanks for the info though! So we never get FF8 and RDR1 appearing on any other systems due to messy code.

Well, there is the exception of emulation on Xbox One. You can download the game using your original 360 disc, or buy it digitally on the store. It runs at 4K with HDR on the OneX. It looks incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
i hate minions too, but i think the rabbids in m+r were really funny.

I'm no fan of the Rabbids, but I feel like they were handled super well in M&R. I don't think I would want to play a game with just Rabbids, but I think their over-the-top style works well when combined with the regular personalities of the Mario characters.

The game is super excellent, and IMO it should definitely not be overlooked. I really hope they make another one, ideally with a level editor.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

I'm praying for "please no more mario games for a bit".

just do rayman 4 if any.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft did all that market research on M&R last year, I imagine M&R2 is a question of when not if.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wow, how many heads have you ripped off so far?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GTAV bores me out of my mind but I hope it happens anyway just so people don't feel compelled to buy Saints Row The Third.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
When I think traditional AAA I dont think Mario + Rabbids. I don't think it was a particularly expensive game compared to the normal AAA Ubisoft production.
Given the kind of polls and Ubisoft aggressive approach, they were doing last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the budget of the next game significantly.

This fiscal year should be too short timing wise imo tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.