• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
i think while mario+rabbids wasn't exactly on that level, the production values do come close to something like odyssey.

I agree but AAA to Ubi (or EA or Activision) isn't the same as AAA to Nintendo. Mario and Rabbids isn't Assassin's Creed or Far Cry. If Ubi says they have 3 AAA games to reveal I would not expect Rabbids 2 to be one. That doesnt mean Rabbids doesn't exist or get shown.

Given the kind of polls and Ubisoft aggressive approach, they were doing last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the budget of the next game significantly.

This fiscal year should be too short timing wise imo tho.

Rabbids 1 from announcement to release was like 3 months.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
It's probably a pipe dream as the previous one wasn't, but I hope that the next assassin's creed will also be on switch. We've heard people saying that we would be surprised with what's coming to the system (in the Witcher 3 thread) and someone (with no track record, but that doesn't mean much in my view) talked about getting things on surprising open world games coming to switch (in the topic about a hardware revision). If that's the case, I hope assassin's creed is one of them. I'm not a big fan of modern AAA games, but I like those. I may even buy AC3 if it goes on sales.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also take into account the pretty meaty dlc expansion that came out last year. i just don't think it's feasible to have a sequel ready to be shown/released.
It's possible it gets announced this year for next year. The way the original game was announced is more of the exception than the rule.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
It's probably a pipe dream as the previous one wasn't, but I hope that the next assassin's creed will also be on switch. We've heard people saying that we would be surprised with what's coming to the system (in the Witcher 3 thread) and someone (with no track record, but that doesn't mean much in my view) talked about getting things on surprising open world games coming to switch (in the topic about a hardware revision). If that's the case, I hope assassin's creed is one of them. I'm not a big fan of modern AAA games, but I like those. I may even buy AC3 if it goes on sales.

do you have a link to this?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
A good way to get an idea whether the Switch will run certain games is searching for GPD Win 2 videos. These systems have similar available specs (with the GPD also having to run a full Windows). Here is one:

This is still not optimized (which would be done for a decent port) and already looks okay to me. With optimizations it will probably be good enough. Of course, for this title a lot of optimization would be needed.

I think the main question here is not whether it would run well enough with optimizations, but whether CDPR is aware of us Switch owners being quite interested in having a portable Geralt, and will be willing to invest resources into the port.

It is virtually the same question that we have with much easier to port previous gen games such as GTA 5 and RDR 1.

It looks very good but i can't imagine it will run anywhere near 30 fps or at 720p resolution (on both docked and undocked) :^S

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Win 2 has a powerful cpu but a shitty integrated graphics gpu. A game that is cpu bound may not be.possible on Switch but GPU bound games could look and run better on Switch

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in other thread but relevant here too..

Hmm, maybe it wasn't us who drove away the insiders after all....

Reggie was the leaker :O /s

But really though, I guess things have gone quiet on Nintendo's side

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
sorry then, i stand corrected. still, i don't expect to see any current gen assassin's creed on switch.

GameXplain had a video on it.

It looks okay but I gotta admit, I am starting to feel very unimpressed by the technical aspects of some recent ports. Dragon's Dogma is fun but I think it could be much better. I am not expecting Nintendo-level ports but it is a bit disappointing.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Nope, and it's maybe for the best. It was in the first switch Witcher 3 thread, and the latter was quite recently in the switch revision thread, in a discussion regarding the cpu capabilities of the switch.

I'd settle for black flag on switch, but having the recent ones would be nice.

pretty sure the open world game is biomutant though.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can now predict the final Super Mario Maker 2 game style will be revealed at E3 and it'll be SMB2. It'll be its own separate style like 3D World

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Added the Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational and a countdown to the tournaments to the OP. (All three tournaments are taking place on Saturday June 8 starting at 11am PT).

t1560016800z4.png

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Looks like we have one last thing before E3, Mario Kart Tour reveal sometime within the next 7 days.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
There's my prediction for next week: there will be a Mario Kart Tour Direct on Tuesday that will show off the basics.

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
I don't know why but I still expect something inherent in Animal Crossing switch before E3. Otherwise I have the feeling that Animal Crossing at E3 will be presented at E3 as was Smash last year at E3. I wouldn't mind but they also have other things to show

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I still expect something inherent in Animal Crossing switch before E3. Otherwise I have the feeling that Animal Crossing at E3 will be presented at E3 as was Smash last year at E3. I wouldn't mind but they also have other things to show
I think they know not to do that with Animal Crossing. It will be revealed normally in the Direct then covered on Treehouse Live.

kululuart

May 22, 2018
Considering Nintendo didn't outline a delay for Animal Crossing in their financials this quarter, it seems pretty likely to me that E3 is going to have a solid focus on it. They might even theme their booth around it this year. I suppose we'll see in the coming weeks when Nintendo starts preparing their booth.

Still, there's a lot of other games coming out in the second half of the year that we're going to definitely hear more about (Pokemon being the big one), but since TPC usually handles that I doubt we'll see much more than a few new Pokemon announced and a few live demos at Treehouse. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a big blowout on it, it doesn't really have a precedent.

Nintendo is just in a position to deliver a really solid conference without really doing much other than updating people on games that launch this year. No need for a bunch of flashy big new game announcements, they've left the second half of 2019 without a lot of updates for this.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not presenting AC like Smash

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
ah right the treehouse. However, I remain convinced that Animal Crossing will have a strong focus on direct E3. After 9 months of nothing I'm sure they will show you so many things. I'm expecting June 11th with an incredible hype

Status
Not open for further replies.