• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Feels fucking great to go into this E3 with more than enough to get you by. Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Smash DLC, Astral Chain. This is already a 10/10 E3 for me.
It feels weird to not be wishing for bombs to be dropped. In past years (except maybe 2017?) At this point I feel like we didn't know much. This time it almost feels like we know too much lol. But I guess we'll see in a few short weeks!

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I'd say ~25 minutes

2 min 30 sec: Animal Crossing | Luigi's Mansion 3
2 min: Astral Chain | Bayonetta 3 (2020) | Retro Studios (2020)
1 min 30 sec: Apex Legends | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | The Witcher III: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition
1 min: Ori & the Blind Forest | Pokémon Sword/Shield | Spyro Reignited Trilogy
30 sec: Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda | Daemon X Machina | Metroid Prime Trilogy HD | No More Heroes 1 & 2 | Pikmin 3 Deluxe

+1 min 30 sec of Doug Bowser and Shinya Takahashi talking (and maybe Reggie as a surprise guest?)

+2 min 30 sec 2019 Software Lineup sizzle reel:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled | Darksiders II – Deathinitive Edition | Dead by Daylight | Detective Pikachu | Devil May Cry | DOOM Eternal | Dragon Quest Builders 2 | Dragon Quest Heroes I-II | Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition | FIFA 20 | Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition | Fire Emblem: Three Houses | God Eater 3 | Just Dance 2020 | Killer Queen Black | Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order | Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games | My Friend Pedro | NBA 2K20 | Ninjala | Oninaki | Roller Champions | Sayonara Wild Hearts | Super Mario Maker 2 | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Challenger Pack #2 | Terraria | TOWN | Wolfenstein: Youngblood | Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feels fucking great to go into this E3 with more than enough to get you by. Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Smash DLC, Astral Chain. This is already a 10/10 E3 for me.

giphy.gif

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'm sure this was posted yesterday, but I just found it and it's pretty interesting

How pissed would people have been in they actually called BotW "A New Legend of Zelda" and rebranded the future installments that way?

They always go through the same rumours :^3 twilight princess was the same way, and i believe Skyward Sword too ,they will never call A new Zelda Legend of Zelda we are stuck with new subtitles forever

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

It will be one of the most packed E3 in years but honestly, those games do not excite me. I'll be skipping most of them.

Mario Maker 2... I'm not a creative guy and I'd rather play levels made by professionals rather than fans. Plus I've already played a 2D Mario this year. Skipping it.
Link's Awakening remake for $60 is really unfair. I've already finished the game 30+ something times (thanks to childhood transcontinental car rides). Maybe if price drops or Nintendo reveals some sweet extras for the game.
I'm on the fence for AC. Mortgage shit and limited space make me hate the game. If they remove Tortimer Island and the way to farm bells by catching Golden Beetles all year long I'm definitely skipping this.
Luigi's Mansion... I just hate this series.

But there are lots of other stuff to get excited about. Astral Chain, Pokémon, DQ11, Doom Eternal, whatever MS has, Square's new game, Retro... I don't need to beg you guys to sell my turnips to have fun with Switch this year.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
What games do you guys think they'll feature in the Treehouse? That's my most anticipated part of E3 tbh.

Fire Emblem Three Houses will surely get quite a bit of screentime. It's releasing in July and has had relatively little marketing so far compared to Awakening/Fates. Still seen precious little battle gameplay, no full maps, only footage from the beginning of the game, etc.

The JP twitter has been doing bios and videos on each announced character, but the NA/EU ones have been comparatively lax, with no localized videos to match, just bios.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
They always go through the same rumours :^3 twilight princess was the same way, and i believe Skyward Sword too ,they will never call A new Zelda Legend of Zelda we are stuck with new subtitles forever
I'm asking because one of the scrapped logos for BotW shown in that artwork was literally "A New Legend of Zelda". Seems like it was a consideration at some point.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I think Animal Crossing and Mario Maker 2 will get the most segments. I'm thinking 3 segments. Links Awakening, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Fire Emblem I see getting 2 segments. Pokémon SWSH with one segment. Marvel with one, maybe 2 segments.
I'm really excited for Astral Chain and Pokemon gameplay among all of the possible games they'll show. Mario Maker I agree, is probably going to get the biggest chunk of gameplay of them all.

And 3 segments for Retro's next game. Call me a fool but I still believe

Jesus, if only...!

Now this is a bold pick.
Fire Emblem Three Houses will surely get quite a bit of screentime. It's releasing in July and has had relatively little marketing so far compared to Awakening/Fates. Still seen precious little battle gameplay, no full maps, only footage from the beginning of the game, etc.

Now that you mentioned it, seems like the logic choice. In past Treehouse conferences there's always been a particular game that's featured prominently. I think FE is going to be the one this year's.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Time flies, it's almost 3 weeks away

Edit: RE Length of the direct

We'll find out ahead of time how long it is and its going to be a 20 page debate thread between people who think its 30-40 minute of Animal Crossing vs. those who thing it will be more even after last year's direct/

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time flies, it's almost 3 weeks away

Edit: RE Length of the direct

We'll find out ahead of time how long it is and its going to be a 20 page debate thread between people who think its 30-40 minute of Animal Crossing vs. those who thing it will be more even after last year's direct/

Its almost two weeks away

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I love the pre-e3 hype. I don't so much like the post-e3 pessimism that follows soon after.

Honestly, only if people have insane expectations. We go through this 3-4 times a year now with the direct buld up. People need to be realistic, but I do feel this year's E3 will be more special than last year's.;

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
<- Also a fool then.

Pretty sure I just saw a Retro hiring advert on Twitter for a contract tester as recently as 2 days ago. I'd think it'd be way too early for MP4 testing :)

In-house tester is way different than the NOA Product Testing Dept testing which is near the end of the game's development. So yeah, it's for MP4.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I just played Bayonetta for the first time recently and after being charmed as hell I'm personally just excited to see more about Astral Chain. More specifically if the level/world design is going to be on linear side of things or have more open adventure elements in the mix. I can't seem to find a source and people seem conflicted on what it's going to be so it'll be nice to get some new information about it, especially since it's out in a few months.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I expect a new retro game and another 2019 surprise or two but time will tell
It will be one of the most packed E3 in years but honestly, those games do not excite me. I'll be skipping most of them.

Mario Maker 2... I'm not a creative guy and I'd rather play levels made by professionals rather than fans. Plus I've already played a 2D Mario this year. Skipping it.
Link's Awakening remake for $60 is really unfair. I've already finished the game 30+ something times (thanks to childhood transcontinental car rides). Maybe if price drops or Nintendo reveals some sweet extras for the game.
I'm on the fence for AC. Mortgage shit and limited space make me hate the game. If they remove Tortimer Island and the way to farm bells by catching Golden Beetles all year long I'm definitely skipping this.
Luigi's Mansion... I just hate this series.

But there are lots of other stuff to get excited about. Astral Chain, Pokémon, DQ11, Doom Eternal, whatever MS has, Square's new game, Retro... I don't need to beg you guys to sell my turnips to have fun with Switch this year.
No MUA3 hype? It's as much a Nintendo as. Team Ninja game according to the interviews

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
all Retro jobs are posted on that account. it's pretty explicit who it's for (Retro in Austin, not NOA in Washington)

Pretty sure Retro did a hiring post on their own account very recently tho

I just played Bayonetta for the first time recently and after being charmed as hell I'm personally just excited to see more about Astral Chain. More specifically if the level/world design is going to be on linear side of things or have more open adventure elements in the mix. I can't seem to find a source and people seem conflicted on what it's going to be so it'll be nice to get some new information about it, especially since it's out in a few months.

It's really impressive how they managed to keep the game a secret until less than a year from release, and will have the first real gameplay showing around two~ months from release. I didn't love what I played from bayo 1/2, but this game has me super excited

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Is it too early to post E3 bingos? Anyway here's mine. Sorry for the shit quality, I still haven't figured out how to upload images with an iPad:
N0oWqos_d.jpg

Let's see how many of them I guessed right.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i don't know about that but ESA is in deep trouble, they've been mismanaging e3 for years, to the point were publishers aren't even sure if they shoul bother, not to mention they're failing at their main job (lobbying)

it bombed. very low presence on eshop charts and it completely fell off very quick, and pretty much no presence on any physical chart.
It appeared on the top 10 for a couple weeks, for what the game is I'm pretty sure it didnt bomb. Any game that appears in the top ten, will at most underperform but never bomb

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
Call me a fool but I still believe

Reggie's parting gift from Retro and the apparent shenanigans of hiding one of the characters definitely reinvigorated my belief.

I mean, what else could it be? Why not show the entire image if it didn't contain a secret? If it was for a cancelled game, why not hide the character entirely?

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you're the only one who liked it. I haven't played it, but I've seen a lot of negative conversation around the demo.
It's important to note that once the people who didn't know what they were doing stopped playing the demo impressions raised dramatically, if you want to see it in video from 'woolievs' streamed and then uploaded on youtube of him playing the game and besides being disappointed in the character customization was pretty hyped for the game. Should also note I also highly enjoyed it.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I'd really be surprised if Witcher was ported. It never ran all that great on PS4.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
It's important to note that once the people who didn't know what they were doing stopped playing the demo impressions raised dramatically, if you want to see it in video from 'woolievs' streamed and then uploaded on youtube of him playing the game and besides being disappointed in the character customization was pretty hyped for the game. Should also note I also highly enjoyed it.

I actually was pretty ho-hum on the demo until I went back and gave it more time. Once I tweaked the mech to give it more mobility I found the experience much more enjoyable. I still don't 100% know what I was doing, but I was having enough success to have fun. That final boss really sold me.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You started bringing up first-party exclusives. I was pretty explicit when I said that losing exclusivity isn't a huge deal but it's a loss nonetheless. I am not even sure what your argument is anymore and why you responded to me.
By this logic no exclusive matters at all.

My point is that I dont think there is any loss at all, and that 3rd party exclusives are becoming less and less relevant.
On the other hand, first party is more relevant than ever, I think.
Anyway, if I misundertood your comments, my appologies.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually was pretty ho-hum on the demo until I went back and gave it more time. Once I tweaked the mech to give it more mobility I found the experience much more enjoyable. I still don't 100% know what I was doing, but I was having enough success to have fun. That final boss really sold me.
Yeah, I just hope the devs got the right kind of feedback

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I'm also wondering what third parties will do to fill up the rest of the year. The summer months are pretty stacked in terms of releases (with Nintendo stepping their game up as well from June) and what will release during the October/November period.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The Link's Awakening remake is a dream game (pun not intended), and I can't wait to see more of how Koholint Island looks in HD.

I like the fact that the game appears to be (largely, if not entirely) 1:1 with the original, since the OG map is one of the all-time greats. Densely designed, with tremendous variety packed into its economical use of space, and atmosphere to spare!

A potential Cadence of Hyrule shadow-drop could add an exclamation point on all of the E3 Zelda goodness.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Is it too early to post E3 bingos? Anyway here's mine. Sorry for the shit quality, I still haven't figured out how to upload images with an iPad:
N0oWqos_d.jpg

Let's see how many of them I guessed right.

huh, dark souls 2.... I didn't like it too much at the time but if it comes to switch I'll reconsider a new play. hopefully 3 comes as well.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Monolith's "Fantasy Action" project seems to be their own seeing as one of the job positions is for a "Scenario Planner".

It's just how the studios are spreading out the work. The Xenoblade studio team (Production 1) is still in Tokyo and has started work on the next game under Takahashi and Kojima. Probably won't be seeing this for a while.

Then there's "Production 2" who's working on a Zelda game. More than likely assisting EPD but the Tokyo studio was working on BotW which caused a lot of XB2 to be outsourced. The Kyoto studio is usually the one assisting EPD.

Then there's the fantasy project that they started hiring for before XB2 was even released. It had very similar hiring listings to the Zelda title but there's the whole scenario thing again.

I also remember hearing the Kyoto studio wanted to start making original games someday.

I don't think the newer studios would be working on an original game yet.
Just wanted to give a bit of clarification on this:

I'm pretty sure the recruitment listings for the Takahashi RPG, the medieival fantasy project, and the Zelda project are all for the Tokyo studio specifically. In addition, the Tokyo studio assisted on Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.

The newer studios you're talking about at the end sound like the extra offices opened up in Tokyo recently. However, those do not seem to be new studios. They're being considered satellite offices for the Tokyo studio since the main office for the Tokyo studio ran out of space.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Techland has a game coming for Switch but it's not Dying Light 2. Fingers crossed for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.