• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love 3D DK, but I'm so desperate for anything that I'll take a 2D DK.
I'd be super down for their take on a DK64 style game, but yeah, I can't get behind another 2D DK. Despite how unreal TF was/is - I even remember when that game was announced, people were disappointed because it was such a long wait for that as well, and it was "just" another 2D DK game (obviously this changed once we all saw how great it was, but still).

I'd also very much "settle" for Diddy Kong Racing 2 :P

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
D8tnf01VUAAYlAt

Nintendo lanyard for attendees.
The usual suspect is missing of course.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a rumor about Rare Replay coming to Switch albeit with some slightly different games like DK64. Has this been debunked? I haven't had a chance to follow things.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh...

I'm not on "team delayed" but this isn't a good sign...

Oh for the love of god, not this again. Animal Crossing isn't on the lanyard because it hasn't been properly revealed yet, so there's no artwork to put on the lanyard without spoiling the announcement. It's very simple.

But sure, let's indulge in talk about a delay without any concrete evidence. Fantastic.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Super Mario Odyssey 2
BOTW 2
Monolith Soft new IP
Donkey Kong 3D by Retro Studios
Pikmin 4
Animal Crossing
Banjo in Smash

They are all here. Let's go, E3 of dream.

(I'm realistic so I didn't listed Metroid 5, sorry fam, maybe at the september direct)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't we already have a picture of that lanyard and the delay discussion due to AC being absent from said lanyard like 100 pages ago? AhShitHereWeGoAgain.gif

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
I'll say this. Just based on the way you responded here, I do think I misjudged you a bit. I don't think you're malicious. And I frankly roll my eyes at people who think leaks "spoil" E3. So I definitely don't hate on you for that. I think trying to put out real leaks and discount fake ones is... admirable isn't the right word, but at least your heart is in the right place. However, if you intend to continue this in any way, you should really focus on shielding your sources better/not making it obvious where your info is coming from by being more vague, and caring much much less about getting any sort of credit for putting info out there. Leaking any sort of insider info on any media project is a thankless job.
I should have clarified by the way, my source has not gotten in any trouble and he hasn't just leaked through me. They just got the messenger on this one -- and that's fine, it means I won't be the one posting leaks. I'll live up to my promise of not posting about the direct, but if it's any consolation the source hasn't gotten in any trouble and is just fine. Sorry if that worried you at all. And I appreciate you thinking more on this topic. I probably should've worded my posts better before... And Nate is correct, I don't need to share everything to disprove fake leaks.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They haven't shown any footage or art from Animal Crossing Switch, how would they have anything to put on the lanyard?
Oh for the love of god, not this again. Animal Crossing isn't on the lanyard because it hasn't been properly revealed yet, so there's no artwork to put on the lanyard without spoiling the announcement. It's very simple.

But sure, let's indulge in talk about a delay without any concrete evidence. Fantastic.
Again, they do not have any revealed key art, or title, or logo. Of course it could have been delayed, but this isn't telling us anything either way.
Fair enough - I hadn't considered that all of the art on there was specific to the games, not the franchises. I was about to push back with "They could've easily put a villager on there" - but yeah, maybe Animal Crossing is about to get a new look or something - who knows.

Fair points, fair points.

Didn't we already have a picture of that lanyard and the delay discussion due to AC being absent from said lanyard like 100 pages ago? AhShitHereWeGoAgain.gif
Ah - the only discussion I was a part of previously was the tweet that Nintendo made about playable games - I didn't realize this lanyard had already been discussed.

Move along!

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

That's my thought. AC is like an announced game that is unannounced. That"s a bit weird. I prefer LM3 approach.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
If Animal Crossing makes it out this year I literally do not give a fuck if the announcements are lackluster. Need the rest of 2019 to be stellar and Animal Crossing is the centerpiece!!

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
- We begin with Retro Studios telling us work on Prime 4 has just begun and then they give us: Donkey Kong World (Spring 2020)
- Reminders and trailers for Mario Maker 2, Marvel, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain
- Shadow drop for Cadence of Hyrule
- A surprise eShop game from Nintendo - Mario vs Donkey Kong of some variety
- Indie news, with a focus on games coming first to Switch
- A first party port or remaster for late August 2019: Pikmin 3 or maybe, just maybe, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- A mid-tier 2020 release, possibly Mario Golf
- Trailers, information and release dates for Luigi's Mansion 3 (late October), Daemon x Machina (early October), Animal Crossing (late September, subscription bundle), Link's Awakening (early December)
- First Bayonetta 3 footage, 2020 release
- Spyro Trilogy confirmation
- Microsoft game(s): Ori & the Blind Forest, Super Lucky's Tale (that's the game, right?), Gears Tactics (I'd like to see Halo: MCC but still find this unlikely)
- Witcher 3 confirmation
- Third party montage: things like Dragon Quest XI S, Mario & Sonic and Doom Eternal as well as new announcements like Grandia remasters, Layton games, Mana collection, Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga, Minecraft Dungeons, some new things
- Smash DLC - Erdrick 'available shortly after this presentation ends'. Exclusive Mii costumes for people who purchase DQ Builders 2 or DQ XI S.
- Smash DLC - GUH HUH
- One more Microsoft announcement: Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie HD coming to eShop later this year
- Montage
- 'Thanks for watching, but before we go...'
- One major or fan-favourite tease for 2020 to finish the Direct: either 2D Metroid, Breath of the Wild direct sequel, new 3D Mario, or new Monolith Soft IP

Updated and re-arranged my post from a few days back. Added a bold Retro Studios reveal as the first announcement, but I'd be surprised if that happened - just being a bit more fanciful, as the Banjo HD announcements confirm.

To be clear - I don't expect everything here. I've just fleshed it out with a bit of whimsy.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Animal Crossing makes it out this year I literally do not give a fuck if the announcements are lackluster. Need the rest of 2019 to be stellar and Animal Crossing is the centerpiece!!
If every single 2019 game was cancelled but Animal Crossing came out tomorrow I'd be like "that's a trade I'm willing to make"

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
For real ! It's such a shame ! Because of that leak, people were acting just as if there was no reveal, like "duh, we already knew this, worst From trailer ever", what the fuck ! Shadows die twice trailer was so obscure that half of ResetEra was thinking it was Bloodborne 2, but somehow, because of the leaks, people act like it's their worst trailer and that we don't learn shit lol
It was the trailer of the show for me. And the infos we got with Miyazaki's interview are just way too hype.

The thing is that as long as they don't show gameplay, those trailers are meaningless, many games shifted their tone from their initial CGI reveals

Dec 2, 2017
The biggest surprises I can see happening are the Witcher 3 reveal (which is no longer a surprise for the absolute core audience) and a teaser for a fan-favourite 2020 title. Broadly, I think we'll get:

- Reminders and trailers for Mario Maker 2, Marvel, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain
- Shadow drop for Cadence of Hyrule
- A surprise eShop game
- Indie news, with a focus on games coming first to Switch
- A first party port or remaster for late 2019: Pikmin 3 or maybe, just maybe, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- Third party reel, with an emphasis on things like Dragon Quest XI S, Mario & Sonic and Doom Eternal
- Trailers, information and release dates for Luigi's Mansion 3, Daemon x Machina, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening
- Witcher 3 confirmation
- Mana Collection coming to the West, first official English-language release for Seiken Densetsu 3, late 2019
- First Bayonetta 3 footage, 2020 release (maybe a quick developer chat "We're hard at work, but this will take a little while longer" type spiel)
- A mid-tier 2020 release, possibly Mario Golf
- Smash DLC - Banjo Kazooie & Erdrick, one of them 'available now'
- Microsoft game(s): Ori & the Blind Forest (I'd like to see Halo: MCC but still find this unlikely)
- One major or fan-favourite tease for 2020 to finish the Direct: either 2D Metroid, Breath of the Wild direct sequel, new 3D Mario, or new Monolith Soft IP (only ONE of these) (I'd like to see Retro have something finished, but no idea if we can expect that)

I'd guess, like most of their recent E3s, this is going to be 40 to 45 minutes and will be packed full of news like the fast-paced September and February Directs.

Not including leaks, Witcher 3, Mana Collection, Ori, Pikmin 3 or Prime Trilogy HD, the eShop title and two previously unannounced 2020 titles would total 7 new games confirmed, with more new indies confirmed. At this point for 2020 titles, I'm leaning more towards them simply revealing Bayonetta 3 gameplay and showing smaller, but fan-favourite games rather than something huge like 3D Mario or 3D Zelda. The biggest Nintendo reveals on Switch have all come outside of E3, including Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Kart 8 DX, Smash, Mario Maker, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening, so part of me thinks Nintendo sees E3 as an opportunity to give the limelight to some key third-party titles and spotlight games that the fanbase are already excited for.
I would love this show.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NMS?

tenor.gif

I mean, I'll be happy for those who like the game. But (IF true) I hope it's just a quick mention and doesn't take a whole lot of time.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
where does this AC delay nonsense even come from?
this is the dumbest thing the community has convinced themselves of after telling each other that Xenoblade 2 will be delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.