• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know people dont want to hear this but we really need to check our expectations and consider the possibility that not only will animal crossing not come out this year, but also that it will not be at e3, but rather saved for a direct at the beggining of 2020 or the end of the year. Much like yoshi and fire emblem, which were both announced for 2018 then radio silent until they re-emerged.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, I would've easily said yes to this if it came put last year... but not in 2019 with FE and Pokemon coming out.
True true. Man, Pokemon looks so rad - and that's coming from someone who hasn't been excited by the series for years. I'm so stoked by what they showed.

I know people dont want to hear this but we really need to check our expectations and consider the possibility that not only will animal crossing not come out this year, but also that it will not be at e3, but rather saved for a direct at the beggining of 2020 or the end of the year. Much like yoshi and fire emblem, which were both announced for 2018 then radio silent until they re-emerged.
I'm ready for it - I have to be. I'll be incredibly sad, but yeah - I'm ready for it. I know everyone is saying all of these signs (or lack thereof) don't point to a delay or anything, but IF the game is delayed, it'll be easy to look at these things and say "we should've guessed". I'm prepared. It's also easy to look at Nintendo's fall lineup and say "they don't really need another big game this year....", but I'd still hate it lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Sdv5Wqd.jpg

Source: http://switchsoku.com/soft/xenoblade2/
PLEASE give me a HD XC1.

The only way I can play the game these days is on 3DS and that's not a good way.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
For a Nintendo first party game developed by them?

Bayo 2 and 3 are first party games. But I guess not internally developed which is always an odd requirement.

We're speculating that they were going to show off Metroid Prime 4 and announce MPT HD at the same time, but that fell through with MP4's reboot.

But I guess I can't think of an example of this yet.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Nintendo's E3 lanyards only consist of games that are playable on the show floor. That's why AC isn't there.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Man all this talk about Animal Crossing has me really worried we won't see a damn thing on it. I hope I'm overthinking and Nintendo will showcase it.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

What if instead I doubled down on my expectations?

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
- Open with Smash DLC, probably Erdrick. Available later today
- Animal Crossing reveal, delayed to early 2020
- New Fire Emblem, Marvel 3, Astral Chain, and Daemon x Machina trailers. Quick reminders of Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon
- Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade X remasters, coming September
- Indie/eShop highlights, Cadence of Hyrule coming today
- Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer, coming October
- Quick update from Retro Studios, working hard on Prime 4, shows some concept art, no other information for now
- Bayonetta 3 trailer, coming spring 2020
- Third party reel, possibly confirming some rumors
- Link's Awakening trailer, coming December
- Another Smash DLC character, Banjo, but no gameplay or release date shown
- One more thing: Pikmin 4, coming 2020

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not expecting more than one or two new first-party announcements, and they'll probably be something that isn't very exciting like WarioWare or Mario Golf. The bulk of the new reveals should be third party and indie.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
No matter what happens tomorrow I'll be happy. My game of the year is very likely going to be super Mario maker (with doom closely behind) so the rest is all gravy!

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If nms and Witcher 3 indeed come, the excuses for not bringing ambitious games to the switch are going to run very very thin.
That being said, I'm not sure if I'll like nms.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree, that off key flute they're using in their 'cute games' is annoying and grating as hell.

I don't love the music they used for the majority of the trailer but I also don't think that will be the overworld music in the game. What I really loved was this tease:

And I'm hopeful it will represent the music in the game.

Thinking you guys might be taking the couple more = two more games left too literally.

A couple = two. Everyone who participates in Media Create threads knows this.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Alright lads, need suggestions for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct OT title!

Fire away.
Nintendo Direct OT Shigeru Wick 4 Wrong Identity

Nintendo Direct OT The ninja's lawyered me

Nintendo Direct OT Of Lawyers and leakers

Nintendo Direct OT Tom Nook's Bell's donation fund of getting lawyers of his back

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna copypaste a prior comment because it summarizes my feelings towards the music in the LA trailer.

To borrow from Kirk Hamilton on the Splitscreen podcast, it sounds like they dropped a mic on a room and just let the performers play--it's very free form and mimics a live performance, rather than a carefully produced studio release. When you consider that the game has Link collecting instruments to play a song, it seems apt!

It reminds me of the Milk Bar "live" performances in ALBW. At the end of this one, the flutist holds the note for as long as they can, and then you can actually hear them inhale sharply. I'm a big fan, but I guess it's not for everyone. ALBW's soundtrack was handled by Ryu Nagamatsu, and I'm assuming this game's soundtrack will be as well.

I guess I'm ready to be alone in how much I loved everything in that trailer. It makes me giddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.