• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They better stop being allergic to trailers in this direct. I hate the trend of them barely showing any trailers and instead talk your ear off over the thing you'd rather be listening to, like the music, sound effects, environment, etc. Let me judge the game on its own merits instead of yapping. I want to be immersed into the announcement showcase. More actual trailers please, less talking.

The last direct had like 2-3 actual trailers, 30 minutes straight of talking with generic voice guy

Undertale
Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
Smash Bros

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They better stop being allergic to trailers in this direct. I hate the trend of them barely showing any trailers and instead talk your ear off over the thing you'd rather be listening to, like the music, sound effects, environment, etc. Let me judge the game on its own merits instead of yapping. I want to be immersed into the announcement showcase. More actual trailers please, less talking.

The last direct had like 2-3 actual trailers, 30 minutes straight of talking with generic voice guy

Undertale
Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
Smash Bros
If the E3 2017 is any indication, they are aware the E3 is time for hype and for the big games, and there will be good old trailers.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
So are we thinking Nintendo's E3 stuff will really only be 2018 titles like they said?
I'm thinking there will be one or two 2019 games, but I wouldn't advise staking my future happiness on it. It is very possible it is just 2018 games, it'd be a first for Nintendo but that doesn't mean they can't do it.

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I find it a bit peculiar that Nintendo of America hasn't tweeted about the Direct yet. Maybe I'm just looking into it too much, though.

Oct 26, 2017
I think the maximum we should expect outside of known games (Smash, FE, Pokemon, Yoshi) is 5, yeah. It'll probably be fewer than that too.

But it's very possible one of them is a new casual oriented IP. Seems pretty likely, even.
I just realised I was thinking of the whole year schedule being announced, when it could be realistic for some reveals (especially of ports) to be held back for a later direct like in September. So I'm thinking 1st party reveals will be pretty few now, but people didn't seem to mind last year.

Tchetil

Oct 28, 2017
I briefly looked around on Twitter but haven't seen any photos so far. By Friday we should have something I think. If not crates then maybe construction photos.
Can't wait to see E3 Bear again!
E3_BEAR.jpg

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I just realised I was thinking of the whole year schedule being announced, when it could be realistic for some reveals (especially of ports) to be held back for a later direct like in September. So I'm thinking 1st party reveals will be pretty few now, but people didn't seem to mind last year.

I dunno, the September Direct last year didn't announce any new first party titles for 2017, ports or no. It announced a bunch of new third party ports and other titles, and I think that's the type of stuff to expect for a post-E3 Direct.

I could see up to 5 new first party titles being announced at this E3. Nothing too big (depending on your taste) but still a decent quantity.

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, the September Direct last year didn't announce any new first party titles for 2017, ports or no. It announced a bunch of new third party ports and other titles, and I think that's the type of stuff to expect for a post-E3 Direct.

They announced Snipperclips plus!
And some 3DS games, although a Kirby game had technically been promised so might not count. It might be different this time around though, who knows.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They announced Snipperclips plus!
And some 3DS games, although a Kirby game had technically been promised so might not count. It might be different this time around though, who knows.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Snipperclips Plus. That's more kind of just a physical version of an already released game though. And I thought that Kirby game had been announced already, not just promised, but I could be wrong.

Either way I wouldn't expect much for 2018 first party announcements in a post-E3 Direct.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I agree.

I'm not worried for first party support at all, so they do not have to announce a lot here. We already have so many great Nintendo games coming.

What I'm worried about is 3rd Party Support and there they should fire all their cyclinders at E3.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason. I'm expecting Tomodachi life to appear.

But only because I just remember that game was a thing. Would be neat.