• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, Animal Crossing Mobile is supposed to have functionnalities with AC Switch. And since Nintendo mobile games are made in order to promote the mainline games, I was indeed very surprised not to see AC Switch for 2018. Not saying Animal Crossing is doomed or whatever. I just wasn't expecting AC to be 2019, I'm surprised.
A mobile game can still have functionality with a game released more than a year later. I'm just saying a mobile game coming out absolutely does not guarantee a "mainline" console title will follow within a year. And that will only become more true as more mobile games in different franchises are released. If a mobile title comes out that is Mario, Zelda, FE, or Pokemon... obviously there will be a title within 12 months because there basically always is.

Oct 27, 2017
People like to try to find patterns where there aren't any. There aren't that many mobile games from Nintendo yet so it was inevitable that it would happen. The other franchises that -have- had mobile entries are basically annual franchises. But it's not like you're going to see a new Mario Kart on Switch 12 months after the mobile one either.
You never know about Mario Kart honestly. Not saying it's likely but it's not out of the question

Odyssey came 10 months after Run, Shadows of Valentia came 3 months after FE Heroes (and Warriors was 8 months after) and since Nintendo has said they use the apps to expose smartphone users to their IPs, it's reasonable to assume they might try to tie apps to new installments for marketing reasons.

Oh yeah and Pokémon GO releases 5-6 months before Sun/Moon tho I'm not sure if Nintendo had 100% control of that

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You never know about Mario Kart honestly. Not saying it's likely but it's not out of the question

Odyssey came 10 months after Run, Shadows of Valentia came 3 months after FE Heroes (and Warriors was 8 months after) and since Nintendo has said they use the apps to expose smartphone users to their IPs, it's reasonable to assume they might try to tie apps to new installments for marketing reasons.

Oh yeah and Pokémon GO releases 5-6 months before Sun/Moon tho I'm not sure if Nintendo had 100% control of that
There's never been more than one Mario Kart on a system, and that's a much more easily identifiable pattern than the last couple years of mobile releases (which technically violated this "pattern" immediately with Miitomo).

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
A mobile game can still have functionality with a game released more than a year later. I'm just saying a mobile game coming out absolutely does not guarantee a "mainline" console title will follow within a year. And that will only become more true as more mobile games in different franchises are released. If a mobile title comes out that is Mario, Zelda, FE, or Pokemon... obviously there will be a title within 12 months because there basically always is.
I know I know. Just saying. I don't believe in this "pattern". Just saying why I was really surprised not to see AC in 2018, so that I understand this person and his pattern thing. And I wasn't the only one. Back in late 2017 we were basically all expecting Smash Bros, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem to be the big games of 2018.

Oct 27, 2017
There's never been more than one Mario Kart on a system, and that's a much more easily identifiable pattern than the last couple years of mobile releases (which technically violated this "pattern" immediately with Miitomo).
Eh, miitomo wasn't an existing Nintendo IP tho

Again, MK9 isn't super likely but at one point we only got one 3D Mario per gen too and then Galaxy 2 happened

Apr 9, 2018
i would not expect Mario Kart 9 for several years. 8 is still selling well and it's a series that only really competes with itself.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
i would not expect Mario Kart 9 for several years. 8 is still selling well and it's a series that only really competes with itself.
100%

If you want a new kart racer, Team Sonic Racing should scratch that itch
Then what else is Yabuki's team working on? It's too soon for ARMS 2, & it may not be another racer if it's not MK9 & if Star Fox Grand Prix is legit. So is it another new IP?

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
There is literally no need for a new Mario Kart on the Switch. MK 8 is probably going to be the best selling Switch game, selling well for years to come. I hope this lets the MK team to work on a new F-Zero game. It just makes perfect sense, F-Zero tracks in MK8 were amazing.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
There is literally no need for a new Mario Kart on the Switch. MK 8 is probably going to be the best selling Switch game, selling well for years to come. I hope this lets the MK team to work on a new F-Zero game. It just makes perfect sense, F-Zero tracks in MK8 were amazing.
Yes I agree. I hope the F-Zero DLC for MK8 gave them the desire to do one.
F-Zero by Nintendo EPD or by PlatinumGames or riot. I don't really want Shin'en to make one so I hope king zell wasn't teasing a game when he said they would do a great F-Zero. They have stated they don't want to use other's IPs so I think king zell wasn't teasing anything.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope Mario Kart 9 is coming this gen. The wait since 8 will be insane otherwise!

Also is there a Nintendo ERA discord? Want to make sure I can take part in E3 fun in the event ERA crashes. ;)

Apr 9, 2018
Mario Kart doesn't work like Zelda, people aren't looking for a new experience every few years, they just want to play Mario Kart. 9 will show up when it can bring something new to the table and right now that can't really be graphics or amount of content since 8 deluxe has those on lockdown.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I still remember this like it was yesterday. Waiting for E3 2016 to start so we could finally see what BotW was really about. It might not seem like a big deal to people today, but that BotW trailer showed things we never expected a Zelda game to have: climbing, hunting, cooking, varied equipment, taming horses, voice acting, and more.

It was an epic E3 after an epic wait. Up until that day, we all knew Zelda was going open world, but none of us knew just how far the game was going to go to embrace what that meant. Personally, I thought it was going to play just like previous Zelda games, but in an open world. But they took it much much farther than what anyone thought they would ever do.

And who can forget the glorious E3 stampede to play BotW. The last time that happened was with the Wii's reveal. Take a look at the guy on the right in a praise the sun pose!

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, looking back at it, that Zelda E3 was really special. It blew my mind, someone who wasn't into many of the 3D Zelda games after N64.

Plum

May 31, 2018
One bingo card coming up:

dWsdlX3.jpg

I decided to let it cover all of Nintendo's E3 events just in case a Samus Returns happens and something important is announced outside of the Direct.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
One bingo card coming up:

I decided to let it cover all of Nintendo's E3 events just in case a Samus Returns happens and something important is announced outside of the Direct.
Ah, Nintendo. Where 'Philosophy Speech' is one of the likelier things on that bingo. xD

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There is a character called Killer Queen in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Maybe that's the Jojo game rumored from some months ago?

Oct 27, 2017
Weird stuff that isn't wish list like is on there.

This is the key thing in judging whether a leak is credible or not. Anybody can just type of a fake document listing all the games they wish were real, making safe predictions. But having some genuine eyebrow raisers in a list will really add more weight to it. Add in the fact that this leak has official images, and it could very well be real. Of course, it can be fake as well, but we'll just have to wait until June.