• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To me, this doesn't sound logical:
* Game-Freak/Nintendo just a few days ago announced 3 Pokemon games for release this year.
* In January, they announced Nintendo Labo, which was released 3 months later.
* Last E3, they announced Samus Returns, which was released 2 months later.
* There are currently no new IPs published by Nintendo, apart from Octopath Travereler.

And yet, there would not be any new Nintendo-published title for release this year?
This year already has Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Smash, Pokémon, and, if rumors are correct, a few ports coming out. I don't see any holes in which Nintendo can release Switch games this year.

Was the gif suppose to distract us from how ridiculous it is and how it flies in the face of logic and history?
That depends. Did it work?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think in terms of playable first party games, it's going to be an alright number of first party titles, like last year, which had 5 if I'm not mistaken. 2018 only.

I think it's going to be Smash, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Mario Tennis, Captain Toad, Octopath, World Ends With You and I think these rumored Metroid Prime and NSMBU ports will be there to round it out. Pokemon, Star Fox or anything else will be not Treehouse or trailer only.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I find it curious the contrast of how some games we know so many things and Fire Emblem we know absolutely nothing.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know that not everyone is super thrilled about the games leaked but Fortnite and Paladins are gonna be two great additions to the library. I hope it's just the start of service games coming to the system.

As for Nintendo's H2 2018 lineup, they have Captain Toad, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Smash Bros. and Pokémon announced. Last year they had 7 games for the same time period, one of which was an enhanced port (Pokkén) and an expanded retail release (Snipperclips). I can totally see a NSMBU port and another smaller game. Or maybe a new 2D Mario and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. Prime 4, Bayo 3 and Star Fox GP are 2019 games.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
This year already has Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Smash, Pokémon, and, if rumors are correct, a few ports coming out. I don't see any holes in which Nintendo can release Switch games this year.[/SPOILER]

So, if the rumors you choose to listen to are incorrect, your theory about no more new Nintendo-produced games for 2018 would also be incorrect?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Fortnite will be the "available... right now!" game. Since it's free to start I don't see why they'd need a long marketing campaign or anything.

Chalfonts

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
here's one

what if Nintendo aren't releasing a new punch out, f-zero etc

What if Nintendo are unveiling a host of remastered Wii, GC (and handheld hopefully) titles that have been remastered in the vein of their nes titles.

So you get hd versions of-zero gx, sin and punishment 2, metroid prime trilogy etc

This is in addition to the new stuff they announce

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Nintendo will announce, as far as "new games", will be NSMBU, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Animal Crossing and Star Fox: Grand Prix.

I think Super Mario Odyssey DLC will definitely be announced too, but it could be saved for Treehouse.

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think Nintendo will announce, as far as "new games", will be NSMBU, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Animal Crossing and Star Fox: Grand Prix.

I think Super Mario Odyssey DLC will definitely be announced too, but it could be saved for Treehouse.
2018 or 2019? place your bets folks

Personally I know I'd love to play Animal Crossing over holiday break, even if the games aren't really that fun until summer

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I find it curious the contrast of how some games we know so many things and Fire Emblem we know absolutely nothing.
You're telling me. Can't believe the full reveal for Fire emblem is for E3. Was expecting it to be revea by now.

I feel like we know more about Star Fox then Fire Emblem lol.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I am expecting the absolute worst from Fire Emblem (extensive monetization/dlc, multiple versions, cringeworthy dialogue from characters with the emotional intelligence of middle schoolers, Pervy pedo shit, you name it) so really I may be pleasantly surprised if it turns out better than that.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think the only 2019 titles we'll see are Prime 4, Wave Race and Star Fox. 100% certain none of those will be playable on the show floor.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty damn certain that Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 4, Bayo 3, Star Fox, and other "new" known Nintendo IP are definitely 2019 games. My expectation for E3 is that we'll see another port or two for 2018 and/or some classic games. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show us any 2019 titles at all during E3 and just stick to this holiday.

I'm sure we'll see something for 2019 at E3, but I don't expect a blowout of the next 8-12 months worth of games here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only 11 days left until Nintendo's E3 video presentation*. How fast has E3 come? Insane...I look forward to watching every E3 press conference including garbage EA's.

*video presentation name not final (lol)

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo would be smart to spread out their releases so next year's H1 wont be so devoid of anything interesting until mid June like this year besides Kirby

Having a supposed Animal Crossing or Starfox game release in February or March, and then the other one release in April/early May would fix that a bit. And of course, more increasing third party support

They should have delayed Xenoblade 2 into like February for extra polish and to pad out the release dates

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo would be smart to spread out their releases so next year's H1 wont be so devoid of anything interesting until mid June like this year besides Kirby

Having a supposed Animal Crossing or Starfox game release in February or March, and then the other one release in April/early May would fix that a bit. And of course, more increasing third party support

They should have delayed Xenoblade 2 into like February for extra polish and to pad out the release dates
This is why I say 2019 will be better than 2018 from start to finish. I cut Nintendo slack this year because they wanted to squeeze everything into 2017. First half of 2018 took the hit.

They're not going to do that for 2019 though. Animal Crossing, third party games and something like a good Mario Party will be good for the first half.

I'm reluctant that Star Fox would release in the first half of 2019. I can see some other Nintendo IP being there though.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I actually think we had that thread a few weeks ago.
You mean the "Let's whine about the Switch drought" thread, right? Because I totally remember boggling at that one.
I look forward to watching every E3 press conference including garbage EA's.
I still wonder how the folks at Disney feel about giving EA the exclusive license for Star Wars video games, only to see EA not having a single SW title on the Switch.

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here's one

what if Nintendo aren't releasing a new punch out, f-zero etc

What if Nintendo are unveiling a host of remastered Wii, GC (and handheld hopefully) titles that have been remastered in the vein of their nes titles.

So you get hd versions of-zero gx, sin and punishment 2, metroid prime trilogy etc

This is in addition to the new stuff they announce

Personally I would love this

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
I have a feeling that Valkyria Chronicles 4 Switch will be delayed a la Dark Souls.
claI4We.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of E3 predictions to watch. I like watching Gamexplain's. I'm guessing they're doing their predictions next week.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

Xenoblade 2 benefited big time from that Holiday push. I wish the game had a bit more polish but they released it at the right time

I have a feeling that Valkyria Chronicles 4 Switch will be delayed a la Dark Souls.
claI4We.gif

The game was already delayed. The West isn't getting the game until the Switch version releases. Period

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Xenoblade would've have probably suffered in the end. It got the holiday slot.

The lack of polish didn't seem to really have much effect on it Anyways.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Dark Souls I really hope it takes up no time in the presentation, considering it was supposed to be out by now.