• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't Die Mr Robot, the previous game from the makers of Rogue Aces, is also coming to Switch early May n

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
And yet we still haven't gotten DQ Heroes I&II, performance be damned, yet.

Like I would play the DQ heroes games if I could kill an hour here and there on the bus or in bed. I won't sit at my PC or Ps4 to play these games. I need portability to make Musuo game work. Hell you would think KT could take whatever they did in FEW or HW and apply some of those improvements to DQ Heroes with a patch to improve performance even slightly. I mean there is really no reason they aren't in the West yet.

It has been a year. We got DQ builders and are getting that sequel. Lord Square Enix NA isn't worth thinking about sometimes.
Lets just say... KT is really weird and you never know what you get.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Welcome to the boat of those interested in 'Neo ATLAS 1469' and burned with the price, the game should cost the same that in Steam, no more than €30.

Why this ridiculous price? It's easy: the game has a psychical edition in Japan, they have equaled the price of the Japanese digital version to the psychical one, because for Artdink the retail market is more important in Japan. And they have set the price for the rest or regions based in this Japanese digital price.

'Neo ATLAS 1469' was my most anticipated release this month and Artdink is one of my favorite companies. But it hurts to pay an extra price for a psychical cartdrige. It's ridiculous that after I decided to go 100% digital this generation for a lot of reasons, some related with environmentalism, I'm still forced to subsidize with my money and old model of industry which I consider outdated.

Ah, makes sense about the price I guess. Hopefully it will go on sale in the next 6 months . I think it's awesome they put the game on Switch, but I can't justify spending $50. I love strategy games like Port Royale, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, and enjoyed the 3DS A-Train game by Artdink. Obviously consoles don't get a ton of games like this. I believe it's mainly Koei and Kalypso that do so. Which reminds me that I want to eventually buy Grand Ages Medieval on PS4 even though the reviews were meh..

I love the concept of Neo Atlas 1469, even if it's not a true strategy/simulation game and has aspects of other genres The more simplistic approach seems pretty cool. I can definitely see myself enjoying this in portable mode especially.

Apr 3, 2018
And yet we still haven't gotten DQ Heroes I&II, performance be damned, yet.

Like I would play the DQ heroes games if I could kill an hour here and there on the bus or in bed. I won't sit at my PC or Ps4 to play these games. I need portability to make Musuo game work. Hell you would think KT could take whatever they did in FEW or HW and apply some of those improvements to DQ Heroes with a patch to improve performance even slightly. I mean there is really no reason they aren't in the West yet.

It has been a year. We got DQ builders and are getting that sequel. Lord Square Enix NA isn't worth thinking about sometimes.

DQ Heroes VERY GOOD

Switch
k7hj7cw.jpg

PS3
qvDOxOl.jpg

PSV

5AulUtV.jpg

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
It seems Death Road to Canada's launch has been postponed due to what happened in Toronto.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deathroadt...ath_road_to_canada_console_release_postponed/

Oh lordy... hopefully only a minor delay of a week or two, otherwise this is just dumb. Isn't the game just about Zombies anyway? Seems the only thing wrong with it is the name alone, unless there's some driving involved that would come off as insensitive, which would make a lot more sense for the delay. A lot of people seemed to look forward to it. (and I was interested in checking it out myself if reviews were good as my Steam friends like it)

EDIT: OK, learned there's driving events in game. Makes a LOT more sense now and I totally get the delay for North America now, but I still think Europe could get the game no problem.

Last edited:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
'#Breakforcist Battle' has disappeared from the European eShop.

Seriously, Nintendo need to fix the shit happening with the age rating agencies.

It's not even normal to have every month various titles retired from the US or the European eShops, some of them a few days after release.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
'#Breakforcist Battle' has disappeared from the European eShop.

Seriously, Nintendo need to fix the shit happening with the age rating agencies.

It's not even normal to have every month various titles retired from the US or the European eShops, some of them a few days after release.

Agh, another sad thing to uear. Reviewing the game for my site and it's a ton of fun fun, although a bit basic for the pricetag if you're a solo player. There's nothing remotely wrog about the game's content, so I don't know how it'd violate any age ratings. The Wii U/3DS eShop never had this problem...

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So which is the better Musuo, the One Piece or Zelda Warriors game?
I'd say Pirate Warriors 3 is one of the best, but Hyrule Warriors is the king. It has the most combat depth and best production values out of all Warriors games I've played (have not tried FE though), the Adventure mode is a blast too and provides probably more than 100 hours of fun if you're into it.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
That sucks.
Haha I was actually a bit interested in this because that name is a good pairing of words but wasn't too impressed with some of the gameplay I watched. Seeing that boxart though, its going to be hard to resist picking up.
It's a remake of a classic Famicom game. I haven't played the remake yet but it should be great if it's anything like the original.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I enjoyed Fire Emblem Warriors but I thought the move sets were lacking in variety and the environments were super samey. Does Hyrule have a much better variety for that kind of stuff?
Hyrule warriors has the most movesets of any musou game with no clones, and half the cast having multiple movesets(for example link has 8 or so separate movesets that are each basically a separate character)

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule warriors has the most movesets of any musou game with no clones, and half the cast having multiple movesets(for example link has 8 or so separate movesets that are each basically a separate character)
And it should have a lot of content because it will have the 3DS and DLC stuff? I think y'all have sold me on this.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And it should have a lot of content because it will have the 3DS and DLC stuff? I think y'all have sold me on this.
Yup the value for your money is insane. The Wii U content + its DLC was already nuts, so the Switch version is basically gargantuan in comparison, definitely get it.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It seems Death Road to Canada's launch has been postponed due to what happened in Toronto.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deathroadt...ath_road_to_canada_console_release_postponed/
I totally understand, but it's still a shame. Was really looking forward to this. Actually it's probably the only Switch title in the immediate future I was bothered about, with the Dark Souls remaster being delayed indefinitely.

I've got to say, little bit disappointed with the Switch this year. After a wonderful first year, we really seem to have lost steam.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I would describe PW3 as the best actiony-arcadey Musou and HW as the best epic, progression-based but also varied Musou to date. Also insane that the translation to the genre works insanely good for the franchise. Almost every character is fun to play with lots of movesets.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I would describe PW3 as the best actiony-arcadey Musou and HW as the best epic, progression-based but also varied Musou to date. Also insane that the translation to the genre works insanely good for the franchise. Almost every character is fun to play with lots of movesets.
Ok, I've played orochi 3, hw vanilla and few and enjoyed all 3, what makes pw3 different(also it's digital only is it not? Is it still standardretail price?)

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite thing about PW3 is the variety in movesets, there's A LOT of characters and each of them plays so differently, it's a real treat if you're a One Piece fan.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Ok, I've played orochi 3, hw vanilla and few and enjoyed all 3, what makes pw3 different(also it's digital only is it not? Is it still standardretail price?)
Its over the top and fun, which suits the franchise. You can combo with your AI crew members, kinda like Orochi but not as deep. The story is cool especially if you know the anime. There are I think over 40 characters to choose from and finding good combo characters is fun. Its just a joy to play, I recommend it to anyone new to the genre or those who want to play a good brawler.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Its over the top and fun, which suits the franchise. You can combo with your AI crew members, kinda like Orochi but not as deep. The story is cool especially if you know the anime. There are I think over 40 characters to choose from and finding good combo characters is fun. Its just a joy to play, I recommend it to anyone new to the genre or those who want to play a good brawler.
Feels like a nice variation (and I've never seen the anime) guess it depends on the price point for me. Seems like it'd be different wnough(don't feel like diving into hw again)

Syskorn

Apr 12, 2018
Friendly reminder that the following games will be $8 on the Mexican eShop (about half price of US version) when they launch:

Death Road to Canada (this Thursday)
Jotun: Valhalla Edition (this Friday)

For the record, I use PayPal on my Mexican account, it automatically converts and my billing statements show Nintendo of America. (Don't forget to sign up for My.Nintendo!)

You can get Jotun in the russian eshop for 4,62€

Last edited:

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I hope online gets added to the next crop of Switch flying sims. Only thing keeping me from bitting.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Agh, another sad thing to uear. Reviewing the game for my site and it's a ton of fun fun, although a bit basic for the pricetag if you're a solo player. There's nothing remotely wrog about the game's content, so I don't know how it'd violate any age ratings. The Wii U/3DS eShop never had this problem...

The European Wii U eShop only supported PEGI rating, AFAIK? Now it's IARC for digital titles, which probably means that games are easier (and much cheaper) to rate but with more errors.

Oct 27, 2017
Is that the calories you've burnt playing the game? Damn, now if only we knew your heart rate.

I also play Switch games on the treadmill. It's pretty amazing how much easier it is to run on a treadmill when you're playing games, hahaha. Time flies by sooo much faster.

Only issue is you have to play slow paced games. Playing Mario Kart 8 on 200cc while running is one of the greatest mistakes of my life, hahaha.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
The European Wii U eShop only supported PEGI rating, AFAIK? Now it's IARC for digital titles, which probably means that games are easier (and much cheaper) to rate but with more errors.

It's a problem that also extends to the US region, 'VOEZ' disappeared this month from the American eShop, while it's still sold in Europe or Japan.

I don't know what's the current system or what is causing the problem, but something is clearly wrong when each month various releases are affected.

I prefer to see a game delayed various weeks instead of seeing a game released only to disappear in the next weeks.

It's annoying, because when you are interested in a game that has been retired, you are blind. If the game it's released again you will not see the game appearing in the recent releases, you will not get a notification, you can't read about the return of the game in a weekly press note.

And when the game returns, it will take the same release position of the original release date, so after a month, it will be buried by other releases.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Sadly it was delayed a few days ago.

Runbow is real good if you've never played it. I'd pick it up again for like $15... or when it goes on sale. Lots of content, Behemoth Mode is really good. I couldn't find anyone to play multiplayer with. It's not exactly pick up and play friendly.... there's some tough platforming there that a "casual" wouldn't really have fun playing. So you need some like-minded friends to play this with.

That's been my experience. The multiplayer looks fun, but yeah. Nobody to play with.