• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Man, Katana ZERO really is something special. I wasn't expecting such a compelling story telling whatsoever. I absolutely f-ing love it! I believe I'm almost at the end in two sessions of play and it's so good!! Since it had a sweet regional pricing, I insta-bought it on release day and it delivers

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
Some of y'all were talking about Tangledeep the other day.

It just got updated with some QoL enhancements!

Such a good game. Excited for the expansion on Switch.

That game, You died but were revived by a necromancer... or whatever? Looks interesting.

Either way, I'm still putting all my time into Ace Attorney Trilogy. On the last game, so I'll finally be able to start something new soon.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
I don't know, in my opinion I think you may be doing a mistake. I really enjoyed the demo as well, and continued to enjoy the game for many many hours afterwards. It really gave me my Etrian fix and then some. Even though I didn't manage to beat the end boss (well the end of story boss, there's still lots of content afterwards apparently),I felt very satisfied with the entire experience. And I am saying this as someone who lost patience with Disgaea 5 very quickly.

As to Vaporum, that remains to be seen. I bought it, but I need to finish Bertram Fiddle 2 first, and then need to decide if to play next Vaporum, Shadowgate or Hellblade...

Well, if it goes on sale I will probably have to give it a go. The demo is great and it seems like you can play as you want without too many roadblocks arising (sometimes these games punish you for not guessing their systems in advance; despite the insane luck stat stuff I've read about, it looks like creativity and experimentation are encouraged).

For now there's so much on my plate, I feel like I can back off a little. Vaporum looks interesting, as do a whole host of shooters. And if I really want that RPG fix, I could always go back and try to finish WoFF. That one felt so good early on, but got old quickly. Maybe the time off will have warmed me up to it again.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if it goes on sale I will probably have to give it a go. The demo is great and it seems like you can play as you want without too many roadblocks arising. For now there's so much on my plate, I feel like I can back off a little. Vaporum looks interesting, as do a whole host of shooters. And if I really want that RPG fix, I could always go back and try to finish WoFF. That one felt so good early on, but got old quickly. Maybe the time off will have warmed me up to it again.
I will say Refrain was a deal for the $25 I paid via Amazon, so you can find better deals, and like Pooroomoo I enjoyed it, it just beats you up some. I a big on respect the time I put in to your game, so that gets me sometimes. I think I read Vaporum is designed to not let you dance with enemies for better or worse. I have WoFF too and several others, that I guess I need to just play. But where's the fun in that?

Warhammer Age of Sigmar is stealing all my time, the mechanics are great, I enjoy it more than my decade of MTG playing, the solo stuff is fun and challenging, and they give you a lot of rewards with just enough to make you want to spend money. I am going to try to go a while without giving them any money to see what I can get out of it. It is definitely the Hearthstone replacement for Switch, and it is fun, and I have a soft spot for GW properties like an idiot.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
has anyone tried sudoku relax? i know its just sudoku so what could go wrong but I'd like to at least know that it's not a bug filled mess. It would be nice to have an alternative to picross and baba for my puzzle needs.

This week though is just monumental and my poor wallet might be taking a hit since I'm going on a trip and wanna play some games. Katana, Cuphead, and Ringo I think will fit the bill, even then it's probably overkill. I still want so many other games on the switch like Yoku and Monster Boy but I'm waiting for bigger sales to get them. And then Steamworld is a must and coming out so soon! and FFX... FFXII... etc.. Fuuuuuuuuuck! How do you people have time for anything? Lol

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
has anyone tried sudoku relax? i know its just sudoku so what could go wrong but I'd like to at least know that it's not a bug filled mess. It would be nice to have an alternative to picross and baba for my puzzle needs.

This week though is just monumental and my poor wallet might be taking a hit since I'm going on a trip and wanna play some games. Katana, Cuphead, and Ringo I think will fit the bill, even then it's probably overkill. I still want so many other games on the switch like Yoku and Monster Boy but I'm waiting for bigger sales to get them. And then Steamworld is a must and coming out so soon! and FFX... FFXII... etc.. Fuuuuuuuuuck! How do you people have time for anything? Lol
Reading your first paragraph... now we need some Brain Age back

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I know most wont care but Dawn of Survivor is a pretty good janky game for 2 bucks. Some said its a reskin of a an android or IOS game, but its a pretty decent 2 dollar game.

Oct 27, 2017
I have $100 eShop credit to spend, I want to get Yoshi, what could I buy with the other $40? I would like a Switch exclusive game if possible :)

Last edited:

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Only Switch. I was thinking to get the Ace Attorney trilogy but I kinda want to play it on PC.

- Blaster Master Zero 2 (Inti Creates) is quite new and was liked by some here (part 1 should also be exclusive)
- Golf Story and Fast RMX are still exclusive I think
- epilexia was fond of Gabucchi, IIRC
- Mechstermination Force (from the maker of Gunman Clive) was also liked, there is a patch (incoming (?)) to improve the controls

Disclaimer: I did not play any of these, but just looked at this list (toggle on Full and Platform) and tried to remember which games were recommended here.

Last edited:

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man, Katana ZERO really is something special. I wasn't expecting such a compelling story telling whatsoever. I absolutely f-ing love it! I believe I'm almost at the end in two sessions of play and it's so good!! Since it had a sweet regional pricing, I insta-bought it on release day and it delivers

some things took me by surprise,my GOTY for Switch so far.

Oct 27, 2017
- Blaster Master Zero 2 (Inti Creates) is quite new and was liked by some here (part 1 should also be exclusive)
- Golf Story and Fast RMX are still exclusive I think
- epilexia was fond of Gabucchi, IIRC
- Mechstermination Force (from the maker of Gunman Clive) was also liked, there is a patch (incoming (?)) to improve the controls

Disclaimer: I did not play any of these, but just looked at this list (toggle on Full and Platform) and tried to remember which games were recommenend here.
Get on Golf Story if that's your thing, it's awesome.
Right! I dont own Golf Story, I almost forgot about it! Thanks, will def pick it up :)

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
So what's Our World is Ended supposed to be about? I've seen a couple of trailers but it shows just cutscenes, so I'm guessing it's a full on Visual Novel? I've been on the mood for playing one lately, so is it a good option?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Looking like last year's Puyo Puyo eSports will finally be localized for the West as "Puyo Puyo Champions", arriving on May 7th not only for Switch, but also PS4, XBONE, and PC: https://nintendoeverything.com/puyo...ampions-physical-release-confirmed-for-japan/

puyo-puyo-champions-2.jpg

As someone who's been holding out for a localization, I'm glad I waited. I was beginning to think this would never come over. Now watch as SEGA AGES Puyo Puyo releases on the same freakin' day. lol

Have you managed the last of the hard levels? As am stuck and haven't found any answer on this one.

Ooh, yeah, some of those puzzles are super tricky, especially to get gold clears on. And as luck would have it, I only saved two replays during my playthrough last year and the final puzzle was one of them:

Whoa, wait, do you have a source on the patch? The dev just did an AMA on Reddit a few weeks ago and said that there were "no real plans" for control customization.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So I know this is a weird question but if I buy Smash's Joker DLC now will I still be able to buy the Fighter Pass in the future? I can afford Joker but not the £23 needed for the Fighter Pass, but when I can afford that I'm fine paying a bit more to have the Rex Outfit and to just have all the 4 characters straight away.

I'm asking because back with Smash 4 I couldn't buy the 'Everything Bundle' (or the 1st big bundle) of DLC because I had redeemed Mewtwo beforehand. It's unclear whether it works that way now.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting my thoughts on Katana Zero after beating it last night for anyone interested
Hmm, I really don't know how I feel about this game. I heard it was short but I swear I only started it two hours ago and it's already over, and I feel a lot of that was spent watching cutscenes.

I did find the story entertaining enough but it was a bit intrusive. Gameplay and style were awesome but it felt like the first three stages or so where tutorials and by the time the game truly brought out the guns I was in the second to last stage... And the fact that it
teases future content updates makes it feel rather incomplete too, ugh

Bosses were pretty bad too, they don't really suit this kind of game, IMO.

I dunno man, I'm kinda disappointed.
A pity because side scroller, melee-based Hotline Miami is the most me concept possible and the core gameplay was indeed awesome.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Epilexia drew some attention to You Died but a Necromancer Revived You a while ago and it is great! I've been playing it all afternoon. If you are a fan of the quick-death gameplay of something like Celeste or Super Meat Boy it should be up your alley. The game has four base difficulties but it also lets you modify lots of different variables within each difficulty, like how many traps you want on each floor, the size of your character sprite, etc. It also has a lot of characters to play as and unlock -- they are purely aesthetic and offer no gameplay changes, but they are a fun incentive to keep going.

I also love when games have bestiaries, and this game has art and a short bio for all the characters and traps which is pretty charming.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am thirsting for that Yu-Gi-Oh game to come to Switch and keep waiting for a US release date. They must announce it soon, it's this week in Japan!

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
amazon cancelled my order of jake hunter ghost of the dusk

i guess the physical version in EU is dead?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I need my steamworld quest reviews fam. Or rather I need the game to hold up to its promise, I got wallet money burning a hole in my switch

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Whoa, wait, do you have a source on the patch? The dev just did an AMA on Reddit a few weeks ago and said that there were "no real plans" for control customization.

It was on twitter, actually two days after the AMA. No control customization, but other things:

https://twitter.com/BertilHorberg/status/1115778546582994946

"working on a patch to fix some of the issues people had with the controls etc. Some of the things I'm pretty embarrassed about actually. It's so easy to get used to the quirks of your own game, and not realize how some relatively small fixes could improve it"

https://twitter.com/BertilHorberg/status/1115780883708039168

"For example I honestly don't have a good reason for why you can't do a full height jump from the crouch position, which makes some parts needlessly tricky. I just implemented it like that from the start and got used to it "

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
So what's Our World is Ended supposed to be about? I've seen a couple of trailers but it shows just cutscenes, so I'm guessing it's a full on Visual Novel? I've been on the mood for playing one lately, so is it a good option?
Anyone? I'm trying to avoid googling or looking at reviews to avoid spoilers.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epilexia drew some attention to You Died but a Necromancer Revived You a while ago and it is great! I've been playing it all afternoon. If you are a fan of the quick-death gameplay of something like Celeste or Super Meat Boy it should be up your alley. The game has four base difficulties but it also lets you modify lots of different variables within each difficulty, like how many traps you want on each floor, the size of your character sprite, etc. It also has a lot of characters to play as and unlock -- they are purely aesthetic and offer no gameplay changes, but they are a fun incentive to keep going.

I also love when games have bestiaries, and this game has art and a short bio for all the characters and traps which is pretty charming.

Performance on Switch is solid? I'm interested in this one.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Switch friendos, I am getting all kinds of HYPE for Dragon's Dogma this week, but I am BUGGING over which class I'm gonna play as, particular at the onset. Any tips? Any lovely experiences those familiar with the game would like to share?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I wish Dragons Dogma was out already, the long weekend would've been perfect for it. I'll be back at work when it releases :(
Switch friendos, I am getting all kinds of HYPE for Dragon's Dogma this week, but I am BUGGING over which class I'm gonna play as, particular at the onset. Any tips? Any lovely experiences those familiar with the game would like to share?
Start with either Strider or Fighter, don't choose Mage (yet). I'd suggest Strider myself, because the archery is really fun!
Anyway, you will be locked into the class until you make it to the city, and then you can change class as many times as you want, no penalty. It's worth trying them all out, even in the same playthrough.

The reason I'm advising against going Mage is that it's not very fun at low low level. Try it out when you have the pawns to support you.
It'll make sense when you're in the game.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Have JoyMasher given up on patching Odallus? Perhaps I should think twice about purchasing Blazing Chrome the future...

No, they haven't. I'm in the publisher's discord and the game's patch is still undergoing lotcheck. It's honestly pretty stupid to release the game in such an unplayable state with an awful control scheme. Odallus isn't much better though it's at least slightly playable. They should have done all this BEFORE launching the game IMO.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll recommend Strider too. It's a dual blade wielding class that focuses on fast movement and quick melee attacks as well as archery (this game's archery is incredible, btw). It's just very fun and badass.

But just so you know, you shouldn't worry about missing out on potentially more fun classes, as you can freely switch between them and basically try all of them; it's actually encouraged too.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, they haven't. I'm in the publisher's discord and the game's patch is still undergoing lotcheck. It's honestly pretty stupid to release the game in such an unplayable state with an awful control scheme. Odallus isn't much better though it's at least slightly playable. They should have done all this BEFORE launching the game IMO.

oh cool, so it's still happening. Thanks for this insight. I bought these games before learning of the control and display issues and have waited months to finally play through them.