• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tempted by Celeste as it's on sale but just beat Sekiro yesterday...not sure I'm ready for another hard game right away...at least I hear it's hard.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Tempted by Celeste as it's on sale but just beat Sekiro yesterday...not sure I'm ready for another hard game right away...at least I hear it's hard.
Celeste is the prime example for a hard game with several modifiers to alter the game and alleviate some of it.
77bcd4d15a5b357005bfc2502dc6f7c0.jpg

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids right now and it is really well done. I like the new types of battles they put in, the humor is even better than the main game, and the endless block puzzles are actually pretty hard and satisfying to complete. I'm through three "mini" worlds so far, I think I'm on the last one now. Really good value for DLC.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids right now and it is really well done. I like the new types of battles they put in, the humor is even better than the main game, and the endless block puzzles are actually pretty hard and satisfying to complete. I'm through three "mini" worlds so far, I think I'm on the last one now. Really good value for DLC.

I really enjoyed it too. DK is just super fun to use.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

That's good to know, though I'll never experience it for myself because they will never put it on sale by itself.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to know, though I'll never experience it for myself because they will never put it on sale by itself.
I just finished it and the main story part of the DLC is 6-7 hours with all the puzzles. Then there are at least 15+ extra challenge missions. It's worth the $15 (?) I paid for it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was in the mood for a shooter and booted up Turok.

This is really damn fun. Zooming around the maps with explosive weaponry watching enemies fly around showering blood is disturbingly cathartic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm done with the Messenger. It was fun enough but nothing special but now it's morphed into a bland Metroidvania, and I'm spoiled for choice when it comes to those.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I cringed a little reading that tweet. Don't be like him. Playing on easy mode is fine, just don't pretend that you shouldn't feel like kind of a coward.
First time I have ever felt the need to use the ignore function. I won't because we can all get better, but really, your post is clear why this difficulty discussion needs to be had. "coward' in a video game? What are you 13?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I am playing Shadow Blade: Reload on the Switch. Can obviously tell its mobile roots, but I'm enjoying it. The starter levels take but a couple minutes to complete, but going for 100% completion while trying not to die (which causes you to lose points in the final point tally) and beating the target time makes for a lot of replay value. That's not even mentioning the two other difficulties that unlock which change enemy placements and level layouts a bit.

I want to get to Windscape soon, as that appeals to me greatly. Then, again, there's also Blaster Master Zero II and Wargroove I'm going to have to get around to, but this is a wonderful problem to have!

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Can you have Mario in your team in the DLC?

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Celeste and Hob, love my Switch!

*edit, just a quick scan of that video, Hob's performance looks pretty good :D

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
I cringed a little reading that tweet. Don't be like him. Playing on easy mode is fine, just don't pretend that you shouldn't feel like kind of a coward.
Jeez oh jeez cringe oh wow yikes indeed, I sure jeez oh man, cringe, jeez.

People have different ability levels. What do you get out of belittling someone for making a game that's accessible to people with different abilities and skills, or appreciating the effort and thought that went into executing it without condescension?

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Think I'm done with the Messenger. It was fun enough but nothing special but now it's morphed into a bland Metroidvania, and I'm spoiled for choice when it comes to those.

Felt the same way really. I got to a part where the graphics got upgraded and you start running from right to left. I stopped playing there, I'm not sure if it's the Metroidvania section. But it's just not compelling to continue.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought hob for my 4 hour train ride tomorrow. I really hope Nintendo stays forever with this hybrid approach.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

This is sarcasm, right? If not, we've all found the cringe. Celeste's Assist Mode is just about perfect -- it allowed me (an able person with limited gaming time who doesn't find tough-as-nails games fun) to see the experience though to the end without feeling like a "coward" (instead I felt this thing called "joy"), and that's to say nothing of folks who are differently abled.

Anyways, I'm down to 10GB left on my 256GB SD card, thanks to the relentlessness of the eShop. Senua at 18GB is looking mighty fine next week, so I just had to bite on a 400GB card today. Here's hoping it's enough to weather the eShop deluge at least until a Switch revision comes out.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I don't think Celeste is too difficult. Yes, you will die a lot, but the respawn period is so fast that it rarely gets frustrating. I cleared the game in 6 hours and died 1300 times or so.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back !

I hope you use your time away to think about the nasty thing you did :)

Never again. :P

It served me to play/read some Planetarium. I bought it when it released but I didn't check it until yesterday. Casually the game is set in a post-apocalyptic world similar to Terminator where automated war machines are the kings. Although the story haven't nothing to do with Terminator, it's a very good drama.

tabino

Jan 21, 2018
I have downloaded Hob a few days ago and started to play it last night. There is a day one patch to download. Without the patch, I was experiencing some audio issues that are now gone.

I haven't played much yet but performance seems pretty good both in docked and portable mode.

The only thing that is putting me down a bit, for now, is the resolution in portable mode. It seems very low compared to other similar games.
Edges of items are not very smooth, to say the least.

Disorientator

Oct 27, 2017
Cyprus
Hey guys.

If you have multiple user/eShop accounts on your Switch and want to have an overview of regions/balances/etc, I've been working on a simple android app that might help you keep track of this information.

It's nothing fancy, but I think it get's the job done, especially for folks that buy stuff from different regions.
I have a couple of more ideas to make it a bit more complete but for now it will do.

You can check it out here.

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Never again. :P

It served me to play/read some Planetarium. I bought it when it released but I didn't check it until yesterday. Casually the game is set in a post-apocalyptic world similar to Terminator where automated war machines are the kings. Although the story haven't nothing to do with Terminator, it's a very good drama.
Ohh, I've had my eye on this. I fancy a good VN.

Unfortunately, my backlog has reached epic proportions lately and I have a shedload of Switch games to get through, including (but not limited to) Okami, Octopath, TWEWY, FF VII, IX and soon to be X, X2 and XII...so I did the same obvious thing anyone would do in this situation.

I started a run of FF VI on Vita.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Hey guys.

If you have multiple user/eShop accounts on your Switch and want to have an overview of regions/balances/etc, I've been working on a simple android app that might help you keep track of this information.

It's nothing fancy, but I think it get's the job done, especially for folks that like to buy stuff from different regions.
I have a couple of more ideas to make it a bit more complete but for now it will do.

You can check it out here.
You might want to make a separate thread for this. I feel like this comment will get lost in the sea of comments in this thread

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
The assist mode is really useful in negating that if you're not in the mood for the challenge (certainly not for cowards as the troll comment mentioned below), but I would recommend playing it as intended if you can. Some fun level design and there's a nice sense of accomplishment considering the aim of the game is to climb the mountain. Still great with assists too.

Story is also a big plus point.