• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
The Switch port of 'OVERWHELM' is bananas.

It runs at 60 FPS, the game looks gorgeous in the Switch LCD screen (one of the best-looking games in my entire library, if you ask me) and it has HD rumble.

They have included an exclusive new 2 co-op players mode.

And for those worried about the difficulty of the game, in this version there is a new assist mode. In which you can select things like infinite lives, instead of the punishing three lives system.

And THAT sound design, holy cow. It's in a 'Hotline Miami' tier of awesomeness.

One of the best indie games that you will play in 2019.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
My god there are so many things I want right now. Anyone want to talk about any of the following?

Gunbird 2
Graceful Explosion Machine
Overwhelm
Strikers 1945 2
Unexplored
or any other vertical shooter, haha

I have to admit I'm hungry for a vert shooter other than Ikaruga and I've never played a Psykio game except for the first Strikers, and that was a long time ago. At the same time, GEM looks awesome and is half off and Overwhelm looks pretty damn sweet. Ugh.

And then SteamWorld later this month. Holy cow.

Tossing my hat in for GEM. It looks and plays beautifully, and the HD Rumble implementation has just the right amount of subtlety. There are lots of shmups on Switch now (lots), but I dare say GEM still stands out as something truly unique and enjoyable with its pastel color scheme and zen-like music, among other things.

Go for it and I'd doubt you'd be disappointed as long as you give the controls time to establish themselves in muscle memory. After that, the game only gets more sublime as you chase after those S+ ranks. :)

And for those worried about the difficulty of the game, in this version there is a new assist mode.

I don't want to feel like kind of a "coward", so I'll pass.

;)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone picked up The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa? Very interested. Need to know if it's worth the cost.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Has anyone picked up The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa? Very interested. Need to know if it's worth the cost.

I picked up 'The friends of Ringo Ishikawa', but still haven't had too much time to play.

I need to say that people looking for a traditional brawler, or a short of new 'Streets of Rage' game, should stay far away from this game.

Contrary to what the screenshots suggest, 'The friends of Ringo Ishikawa' is an exercise in postmodernism. The equivalent in video games to something like 'The Sot-Weed Factor' by John Barth in literature.

They are using something resembling a classic, in this case a game that plays exactly like 'River City Ransom' in the NES, same control scheme with two buttons in which even for jumping you need to press A+B at the same time...

But this "classic" video game contained inside the game is only used as an excuse to experiment with the medium.

By creating a narrative-driven game, that is much more based in the pace of the story. In how to show complex existential problems through the prism of something appealing to the nostalgia of the games that we played as kids. And a game that is much more meditative than action based.

I consider that in the things that the game is trying to do, it's a masterpiece.

The Switch port is a bit rough. There are not technical problems, it runs at 60 FPS. But it's like they have taken the UI of the PC version intact, by only mapping the new Joycon buttons.

The game never was intended to be a super production, but a short of experimental game more close to the orbit of sites like Itch.io. And this is reflected in these small subtle details like the barebones menus and UI.

Highly recommended, but only if you have very clear the type of video game experience that you are buying.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a ton all for the kind birthday greetings! Jealous y'all are getting to play Yoshi but very much enjoying Australia. Hoping to see some real life penguins in Bicheno tonight. Maybe there will be a few Bumptys in the lot?

798299.png

Also, my Compass Rose (worldwide plug adaptor) doesn't include a power source thingie so I need to get myself an Aussie 3DS cord, hopefully in a few days at a Melbourne shop.

We've been seeing lots of cute animals though, we went to a Tasmanian Devil refuge and a general wildlife refuge. Between those we've got to see up close Wombats, a Ring-Tailed Possum, Sugar Gliders, Pademelons (plus several outside an AirBNB we stayed at), tons of Kangaroos, Echidnas (I told the tour guide about Knuckles, I know you will be proud Baladium), a Koala and more. We got to pet and feed many of these critters. So many of them were animals we'd barely seen before in real life so it felt kind of like discovering new Pokémon.

In fact traveling around Tasmania in particular has really been reminding me of exploring Hyrule in BOTW, but I plan to expand on that in another post with pictorial comparisons and such.

-

wuppo_screenshot_hd0rijl2.png

On an entirely different note, I just wrote up a lengthy LTTP for Wuppo which Epilexia was kind enough to recommend at length - and offer me a free copy of! - last year. I played through it on XB1 not long ago and enjoyed it a ton.

The LTTP is here if anyone is interested. The reason I'm linking it will be evident from the title. If this game does ever come to Switch y'all are in for a huge treat. I have a feeling ScreamingMadden would enjoy it a whole lot, as would TheMoon.

LTTP: Wuppo, the true successor to Super Paper Mario and one of my favorite Metroidvanias in years.

BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! |OT| THEY'RE BOTH SO CRATE, I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF!

*gets pelted by tomatoes*

That's hilarious. I love this. I really hope you use it CaptainK , thanks so much for making the OT!

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
So does Mech Force just a boss rush like Cuphead or levels too?

How does it compare with Bleed 2?

You can get more accurate info on the oficial OT.

the games is boss rush only.

Bleed 2 has a lot more action and crazyness, here you can think of the game has a 2D Shadow of the colossus, you can even climb the enemies, but the weapon gameplay here is just like Contra.
Fun game for me. Just hoped the platforming was more precise and not a bit floaty like gunman clive but you get used to it fast.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Thanks a ton all for the kind birthday greetings! Jealous y'all are getting to play Yoshi but very much enjoying Australia. Hoping to see some real life penguins in Bicheno tonight. Maybe there will be a few Bumptys in the lot?

798299.png

Also, my Compass Rose (worldwide plug adaptor) doesn't include a power source thingie so I need to get myself an Aussie 3DS cord, hopefully in a few days at a Melbourne shop.

We've been seeing lots of cute animals though, we went to a Tasmanian Devil refuge and a general wildlife refuge. Between those we've got to see up close Wombats, a Ring-Tailed Possum, Sugar Gliders, Pademelons (plus several outside an AirBNB we stayed at), tons of Kangaroos, Echidnas (I told the tour guide about Knuckles, I know you will be proud Baladium), a Koala and more. We got to pet and feed many of these critters. So many of them were animals we'd barely seen before in real life so it felt kind of like discovering new Pokémon.

In fact traveling around Tasmania in particular has really been reminding me of exploring Hyrule in BOTW, but I plan to expand on that in another post with pictorial comparisons and such.

That's hilarious. I love this. I really hope you use it CaptainK , thanks so much for making the OT!

Man, this is so damn wholesome. We need more positivity like this in here. :)

Yo, I'm a huge fan of echidnas, especially the ones that don't chuckle. They'll cleanse yourself of evil spirits that are in you. Some are rougher than the rest of them and tougher than leather, so ya gotta really dig in to get to the muscles...
foxechidna.jpg

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I was kinda interested in Mechstermination Force because I love run 'n guns and Bleed proved that good ones don't have to look great, but hearing it's the Gunman Clive dev turned me off a little. I thought GC was very mediocre. I'll probably just replay Cuphead instead.
HUGE BOLD LETTERS: Mechstermination Force is NOT a run'n'gun game!!! It's boss fights only!!

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard about The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa until today. Then I watched the trailer and then a couple of videos on YouTube now I'm completely sold.

Darn you Switch! Darn you!
I bought it myself, looked great. But think I already experienced a bug. The game just stopped responding to inputs but it wasn't frozen. Very early on luckily but it got me annoyed . Maybe I need to reboot my Switch

Mill

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch port of 'OVERWHELM' is bananas.

It runs at 60 FPS, the game looks gorgeous in the Switch LCD screen (one of the best-looking games in my entire library, if you ask me) and it has HD rumble.

They have included an exclusive new 2 co-op players mode.

And for those worried about the difficulty of the game, in this version there is a new assist mode. In which you can select things like infinite lives, instead of the punishing three lives system.

And THAT sound design, holy cow. It's in a 'Hotline Miami' tier of awesomeness.

One of the best indie games that you will play in 2019.

That´s excellent to know. I´m a sucker for this games with this aesthetic, like Downwell.
60fps and 2p co-op are definitely welcome on this version. I love these Switch as the home for Definitive Version of games, makes up for the delay in port.

Last edited:

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
I know a lot of you heaped praise on it already, but Assault Android Cactus + might be the best arena twin stick shooter I've ever played, and it's up there as one of the best arcade shooters ever as far as I'm concerned.

The mechanics are ultra simple, the controls ultra tight, and the scoring easy to understand, but difficult to master. You might think that chaining attacks would be easy, but the combination of swarms, enemy variety, changeable arenas, and power-up drops makes it quite challenging in some cases. Bosses are big, fun to puzzle out, and in some cases pretty tough to take down, at least until you understand exactly how the developer wants you to approach them. It's a game that favors high intensity, quick movement, and careful planning. I've managed to hit S+ rankings on a couple of stages, but others have knocked me on my but many times before I've figured out how to manage their complexities.

But then on top of having a fantastic single player campaign, the game includes a ton of characters that seriously change the way you play, a bunch of unlockables, including one that lets you play in first person, a daily run, infinite mode, and local multiplayer options. It's nuts!

The graphics are sharp, the music is fantastic, and the gameplay is as perfect as anything I can think of. Don't sleep on this one. It's worth every penny of that $20.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Konami Arcade Archives coming to Switch from Hamster starting with Time Pilot on April 11.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/183961217324

tumblr_pphmva3gpD1s2z1y6o2_1280.jpg

YEAH, my major complaint with the 'Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics' was that 'Time Pilot', my all-time favorite Konami arcade game, was absent.

Even more amazing news, because I prefer one thousands times to get this emulated by Hamster.

In my opinion, Yoshiki Okamoto has been the best shmup designer in the Japanese video game industry.

He was able to create in a row 'Time Pilot', 'Gyruss', 'SonSon' (his more unappreciated and obscure shmup masterpiece) and 'Gun Smoke' that is still one of the best shmups made based in patterns recognition, a concept that disappeared from the industry in the next decades. To only make a return with the recent wave of indie arcade designers (and with 'Donwell' and 'Super Crate Box' being two of the best examples of how to design something based on patterns instead of a closed design relying in memorizing each section).

The only "sad" part is that this will be an accurate arcade port.

The Game Boy Advance version included a brand new level with fucking dinosaurs.

And then, M2 ported the original arcade version to Nintendo DS, and they included this brand new level running on the specs of the original arcade board.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
lol some games are just always on sale it seems, then some never are! I know its supposed to be crap but I'm still waiting for a Double Dragon IV discount. I don't think it will ever happen. :(

Oblio

Oct 27, 2017
Any opinions here on Unbox: Newbie's Adventure?
reviews were not good, but it had a couple performance patches.
It is worth the £4.09 price atm on South African eshop?

Oct 29, 2017
I picked up Hob (after already purchasing it when it released on PC but never getting around to playing it), and am loving it so far. Then, out of curiosity I fired it up on my PC to see how it compares. I feel like I made a huge mistake...it looks soooo fucking amazing on PC on my 1440p monitor with Gsync. I mean...that much should have been obvious but I have to say that I wasn't expecting the image quality to look so blurry on the Switch.

Ugh.

Week April 04th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Mechstermination Force - Hörberg Productions - $11.99/€11.99 - 571 MB
  • Hob: The Definitive Edition - Perfect World - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $17.99/€17.99) - 3.7 GB
  • The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa - Circle Ent. - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: €13.49) - 157 MB
  • AngerForce: Reloaded - indienova - $9.99/€8.99 - 1.9 GB
  • Pressure Overdrive - Chasing Carrots - $12.99/€12.99 - 999 MB
    mechsterminationforceqqj3l.jpg
    hobthedefinitiveediti7gk9l.jpg
    thefriendsofringoishi1yki8.jpg
    angerforcereloadeda5j6k.jpg
    pressureoverdrive7nkjp.jpg
  • Overwhelm - Alliance - $9.99/€8.99 - 131 MB
  • Silence - Daedalic - $39.99/€39.99 - 6.8 GB *04/11 on NA*
  • Feather - Samurai Punk - $9.99/€8.99 (Launch sale: $8.99/€8.09) - 327 MB
  • Bow to Blood: Last Captain Standing - Tribetoy - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.7 GB
  • SpellKeeper - Silesia Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 232 MB
    overwhelmfskih.jpg
    silencecikiu.jpg
    feather65joi.jpg
    bowtobloodlastcaptaing5k4g.jpg
    spellkeeper77kqo.jpg
  • War Theatre - Arcade Distillery - $9.99/€8.99 - 265 MB *04/11 on EU*
  • Pitfall Planet - Abstraction Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 808 MB
  • Sephirothic Stories - Kemco - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: €13.49) - 215 MB
  • Smashing the Battle - PlatinumRocket - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: €8.99) - 498 MB
  • Safety First! - Headup Games - $2.99 (Launch sale: $2.09) - 136 MB
    wartheatreywkpq.jpg
    pitfallplanetqqk8q.jpg
    sephirothicstorieseyj3y.jpg
    smashingthebattlefornypj6y.jpg
    safetyfirste2kjs.jpg
  • Donkey Kong 3 - Arcade - Nintendo/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission - Bandai Namco Games - $59.99/€59.99 - 7.0 GB
  • Modern Tales: Age of Invention - Artifex Mundi - $14.99/€14.99 - 902 MB
  • Quadle - Clickteam - $7.99 - 78 MB *NA*
  • Minefield - Vertical Reach - $4.49/€3.99 - 74 MB
    arcadearchivesdonkeykg6jeo.jpg
    superdragonballheroes1ykj3.jpg
    moderntalesageofinvenwpkas.jpg
    quadle1akrs.jpg
    minefield7ejim.jpg
  • Monster Slayers - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 337 MB
  • Godly Corp - Ultimate Games - $7.99/€7.99 (Launch sale: $7.19) - 399 MB
  • Zombie Scrapper - Ransacked Studios - $2.99/€2.99 - 134 MB
  • Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 13.1 GB
  • Circuits - Hidden Trap - $4.99/€4.99 - 1.4 GB
    monsterslayershgkov.jpg
    godlycorp3zjzv.jpg
    zombiescrapper2ek1a.jpg
    darksiderswarmastered6ikdc.jpg
    circuitsbtkhh.jpg
  • Yet Another Zombie Defense HD - Awesome Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $4.49/€4.49) - 254 MB
  • Royal Adviser - Happy Hobgoblin - $7.99/€6.99 - 118 MB
    yetanotherzombiedefen41kf9.jpg
    royaladviser85ke6.jpg

- DLCs
  • Mordheim: Warband Skirmish - Legendary Games
    Witch Hunters - $5.99/€5.99
  • Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission - Bandai Namco Games
    Anime Music Pack 1 - $14.99/€14.99
    Anime Music Pack 2 - $14.99/€14.99

-Late Releases
  • Shadow Blade: Reload - Dead Mage - $9.99 - 4.8 GB *NA*
  • 12 Labours of Hercules - JetDogs - €2.99 (Launch sale: €2.00) *EU*

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
safetyfirste2kjs.jpg

WhoppingGeneralBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

At the risk of giving this game more undue attention... have we reached a new low for Switch icons?

Because that would be a new low for Switch icons. lol

bruh just relax and accept the glory that is safety first

Also it can't possibly be a new low since it at least has the title in the icon.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
ZELDA BOTW: hints/help/opinions wanted!

Hey guys I want to pick up Zelda again.
I loved my time with it, up until I could give it the due attention/time and it's the only game with Overcooked 2 and Mario Party that I played docked.

This time it'll be 95% handheld play tho.

I stopped playing when inside that sand-giraffe beast that you need to get into, I think I was stuck on some puzzle inside the beast just before fighting its Ganon form (iirc)?

Anyway my problem with this awesome game was that I don't have many chances to play a game for 2 hours sessions and when I played for 30 minutes I felt I could waste all that time just cooking and not accomplish anything, so I usually went back to my arcade games or story games with minimal gameplay before sleep.

My issue is that I hate the cooking part, I'd probably would have liked it much more if it was super snappy and with touch screen enabled inventory and such. Not for me.

And that I'm at my 3rd beasts and basically got no armor/sets besides the ones you get for story quests. So the cool shit I see from other people's play throughs? I have none.
A few upgrades from the fairies, yeah.

I'd love a few hints and to know why some people suggested I should grab the DLC now? Some said it makes you enjoy the game more and it's actually better if you aren't playing the endgame yet.
Why is that?
And can I use the bike to go around?

Thanks!
Edit: maybe I should've posted this in the OT, apologies

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ZELDA BOTW: hints/help/opinions wanted!

Hey guys I want to pick up Zelda again.
I loved my time with it, up until I could give it the due attention/time and it's the only game with Overcooked 2 and Mario Party that I played docked.

This time it'll be 95% handheld play tho.

I stopped playing when inside that sand-giraffe beast that you need to get into, I think I was stuck on some puzzle inside the beast just before fighting its Ganon form (iirc)?

Anyway my problem with this awesome game was that I don't have many chances to play a game for 2 hours sessions and when I played for 30 minutes I felt I could waste all that time just cooking and not accomplish anything, so I usually went back to my arcade games or story games with minimal gameplay before sleep.

My issue is that I hate the cooking part, I'd probably would have liked it much more if it was super snappy and with touch screen enabled inventory and such. Not for me.

And that I'm at my 3rd beasts and basically got no armor/sets besides the ones you get for story quests. So the cool shit I see from other people's play throughs? I have none.
A few upgrades from the fairies, yeah.

I'd love a few hints and to know why some people suggested I should grab the DLC now? Some said it makes you enjoy the game more and it's actually better if you aren't playing the endgame yet.
Why is that?
And can I use the bike to go around?

Thanks!
Edit: maybe I should've posted this in the OT, apologies

FWIW in my second playthrough of the game I barely used any armour that was difficult to obtain and didn't really upgrade it much either, and I still had a relatively easy time what with Mipha's Grace and the tons of different options there are for combat (stealth/long range/runes etc). I can't really help you with the cooking, it is what it is and for what it was I didn't mind at all spending the required time. The DLC is cool because you get useful stuff like the Korok mask that can detect Koroks, the saddle for the horse that allows for it to teleport basically, further upgrading of the Master Sword among other things. And yes the bike is useable pretty much anywhere in the world.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
bruh just relax and accept the glory that is safety first

Also it can't possibly be a new low since it at least has the title in the icon.

Not a great fan of the gross concept of pissing, but outside of this, the game and the mechanics looks bananas.

As a fan of 'Crazy Climber' I'm impressed with the videos.

I will probably pick this while it's still discounted, and you will be the main responsable :)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Not a great fan of the gross concept of pissing, but outside of this, the game and the mechanics looks bananas.

I will probably pick this while it's still discounted, and you will be the main responsable :)

I'm not sure I can take an Epilexia essay about how incredible Safety First is. Though it would have been an incredible April Fools post.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

It's a pretty neat game, it's got three gameplay styles in one which make for... wait for it... 69 levels. (This is some highbrow stuff here folks.) The level I showed is part of advanced mode where physics actually apply and you can't lift more than one foot off the ground. The normal mode is goofier and lets you just float in the air whenever you want, and then the third mode is in zero gravity. It's basically a game about making sure your legs don't get too far apart lest you make weird noises like Jimmy from South Park before splitting in half.

edit: if that doesn't sell you the credits will

Last edited:

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
I can really recommend hob, resolution is a bit low in handheld, but its a lot of fun. The world is super interessting imo

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Why is there a game about a weeing stick man on the eshop?

Wj15eu6.jpg

"Nintendo eShop | April 2019 | The Thirst for Safety First!"

On the subject of unsavory games, Senran Kagura: Peach Ball is bouncing out of Japan and straight into our shameful Western hearts this summer. Physical/digital in NA, digital-only in Europe.

I have nothing else to add, so here's one of the girls dressed as a... yeah...

Senran-Kagura-Peach-Ball_2019_04-05-19_012.png

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Wj15eu6.jpg

"Nintendo eShop | April 2019 | The Thirst for Safety First!"

On the subject of unsavory games, Senran Kagura: Peach Ball is bouncing out of Japan and straight into our shameful Western hearts this summer. Physical/digital in NA, digital-only in Europe.

I have nothing else to add, so here's one of the girls dressed as a... yeah...

Senran-Kagura-Peach-Ball_2019_04-05-19_012.png
do we know how much this will cost?
reflexions is a straight rip off at its price point so im not hopeful

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Why do we think it's taking Devolver so long to bring Hotline Miami to Switch? I thought for sure it would have been released by niw

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Why do we think it's taking Devolver so long to bring Hotline Miami to Switch? I thought for sure it would have been released by niw
was it ever announced? I mean to some it may seem like a no brained but that costs money that could be used for new/other games being developed.

Its not like they can just click the create switch port button and boom switch port.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Funny, I was just think earlier today "how is the Switch nearly two years old and we don't have Spelunky?"

Spelunky as well now you mention it, it just seems crazy to me. They were both really popular games and with the Nindie boom on Switch right now.....how are they not on the system yet?

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Best-selling titles of March in NA

01 (01) - Fortnite
02 (04) - Super Smash Bros Ultimate
03 (NE) - Final Fantasy VII
04 (05) - Minecraft
05 (RE) - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
06 (08) - Stardew Valley
07 (22) - Just Dance 2019
08 (11) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
09 (NE) - Baba Is You
10 (06) - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
11 (NE) - Yoshi's Crafted World
12 (NE) - Cuphead
13 (13) - Rocket League
14 (14) - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
15 (12) - Hollow Knight
16 (RE) - World of Final Fantasy Maxima
17 (RE) - Overcooked Special Edition
18 (15) - Super Mario Party
19 (RE) - Timberman VS
20 (03) - Final Fantasy IX
21 (18) - Warframe
22 (09) - Overcooked! 2
23 (16) - NBA 2K19
24 (07) - Undertale
25 (NE) - Trials Rising Standard Edition
26 (RE) - Splatoon 2
27 (19) - Super Mario Odyssey
28 (17) - FIFA 19
29 (RE) - Child of Light
30 (RE) - UNO

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
Just picked up an used Switch on a whim, and I'm wondering the likelyhood of Zelda ever been on sale on the Eshop?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm annoyed at how much that (kinda bad looking) Dragon Ball game is.

And I'm extra annoyed because I'm struggling not to buy it.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I'm annoyed at how much that (kinda bad looking) Dragon Ball game is.

And I'm extra annoyed because I'm struggling not to buy it.

Yup, it seems they use the budokai games engine.

It could look a lot better but i'm liking the gameplay, the cards art and strategy.
I also tried to not buy it right now but i failed. xD

Guess my love for DB talked bigger.