• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I know it's beyond cliché at this point but Cuphead is so perfect on Switch for me. I try, I (usually) fail, I take a minute or two to regroup and try again. Now on the Xbone it was less compelling to keep going but in handheld mode where I can have the TV on in the background to relax me, or look out the train window before jumping back in makes all the difference.

I'm still dismal at it btw, but I'm fair putting the time in now. I'll wipe the smile off this genie prick yet.

I've just made it to the third island and I have over 400 deaths. Many of them caused by the motherfucker of a clown. I finally beat him last night and I was jumping around shouting expletives at him. Something about this game, despite it being really hard, makes me persevere. I think it's because I know that if I put together a run of 3 perfect sections I can beat a boss and generally I know I can do one specific section individually really well, so it's just a case of pulling it all together at the same time.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018

Really surprised The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince is discounted so soon, less than three months after release. I sincerely hope it met sales expectations for NISA because it's such a wonderful game and one that stirred some emotions in me towards the end. A steal at $15.

Not a fan of them charging $5 more than the original Steam version yet halving the frame-rate and removing the level editor, so hopefully the extra stages and other improvements justify the price increase. I love Game Freak's spin-off projects and have been looking forward to finally getting a chance to try this game out, but the unexpectedly high $25 pricetag makes me hesitant...

Been interested in The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince because of its charm, but the gameplay doesn't look too enticing. I hear it's also really short. Does the story make up for all that?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not buying it either way (I promise!) but I don't get why you'd discount your game the day it gets released. Aren't you just screwing all the people who preordered your game? Moero Chronicle Hyper has like a 30% discount and I swear it wasn't there before today.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Really digging Steamworld Quest so far (pun sort-of intended?).

The deck building aspect is very interesting, since you're limited to a very small array of cards (8 per character). But I've managed to create some really interesting synergies. The Chapter 7 boss (in the woods) beat me pretty handily the first time, but then I changed my deck to exploit its weakness and create tons of energy quickly. That feeling of optimizing a deck for an encounter or even entire chapter is still great (of course, it's not as complex as Slay the Spire, but still very enjoyable).

rusty

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone! Developer of Dig Dog here. I just wanted to pass on a dev video I released for the games launch today:

In the video, I first introduce the game to new players. Then I share a bit behind the scenes and demonstrate how I made the game without using my hands. Enjoy!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yeah I really don't understand the worse frame-rate.
The system requirements for the PC version are practically nothing.

I only hope it's symptomatic of getting the game out the door quickly and patching it later on, although that's obviously the exception to the norm.

Been interested in The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince because of its charm, but the gameplay doesn't look too enticing. I hear it's also really short. Does the story make up for all that?

In my opinion, absolutely, although don't expect anything deep. It's a very simple heartfelt story with an extra dose of bittersweet, all told within a stunningly gorgeous children's fairy tale wrapper, complete with page-flipping and a vintage aesthetic that's to die for.

The puzzle-platforming isn't the star of the show here, although I still enjoyed most of it despite a few segments here and there and one needlessly obtuse puzzle in particular had me stumped for a while. If you take your time and collect all of the extras on the way, you're looking at a 5-10 hour playthrough. I plan on revisiting it later in the year to scope out the achievements that I missed, plus I know for a fact that this will be one of those rare perennial games that I'll return to over and over again in the years to come.

I'm not buying it either way (I promise!) but I don't get why you'd discount your game the day it gets released. Aren't you just screwing all the people who preordered your game? Moero Chronicle Hyper has like a 30% discount and I swear it wasn't there before today.

It was $20 in the Coming Soon section in the eShop for a while, but wasn't available for pre-purchase. It's actually an even better deal than it was when they first announced it at $30 with a 30% launch discount back in February.

Now it's only $14 to feel a sense of shame and loss of dignity. I can think of many entirely free ways to accomplish the same thing, only with a distinct lack of bib-wearing bell-ends and... uh... this...

Moero-Chronicle-Hyper_2019_02-01-19_001.jpg

(The day I see one of these as a user avatar, is the day I quit ResetEra.)

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the demo of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, but even playing the tutorial I have no idea what I'm doing. Seems like a fun game, but I can't see myself paying 60 units of currency for it.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Hey everyone! Developer of Dig Dog here. I just wanted to pass on a dev video I released for the games launch today:

In the video, I first introduce the game to new players. Then I share a bit behind the scenes and demonstrate how I made the game without using my hands. Enjoy!

What a great, earnest video!

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

welp, I'm buying Dig Dog.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Ugh so tempted to get Cuphead on Switch. Got through the first few bosses on PC awhile back and loved it but I feel like I'd be much more likely to play on Switch. Haven't heard any performance complaints so I assume it runs well?
On handheld it runs great so far but today when I docked it I felt one of the levels, the fun faire one, stuttering a lot and I have yet to restart to check if it's gone away or not.

Buying your game right now!

By the way, can you say anything about your future plans? Are you working on something new already?

Last edited:

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Bought it even before seeing this video. I'm enjoying it a lot!

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
I've just made it to the third island and I have over 400 deaths. Many of them caused by the motherfucker of a clown. I finally beat him last night and I was jumping around shouting expletives at him. Something about this game, despite it being really hard, makes me persevere. I think it's because I know that if I put together a run of 3 perfect sections I can beat a boss and generally I know I can do one specific section individually really well, so it's just a case of pulling it all together at the same time.

Ha, I feel that! No exaggeration - on Xbone that clown took me months. So many deaths to a random baseball in the final phase.

Week April 25th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech - Image&Form/Thunderful - $24.99/€24.99 - 696 MB
  • Dig Dog - Wild Rooster - $3.99/€3.49 - 165 MB
  • Aggelos - Wonderboy Bobi/Pqube - $14.99/€13.99 - 115 MB
  • BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! - HAL Laboratory/Nintendo - $9.99/€9.99 - 543 MB
  • Picross S3 - Jupiter - $9.99/€9.99 - 133 MB
    steamworldquest37kok.jpg
    digdogjqkvg.jpg
    aggelos8wj7c.jpg
    boxboyboxgirlqzk0m.jpg
    picrosss3rsjc1.jpg
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Capcom - $29.99/€29.99 - 12.1 GB
  • Mortal Kombat 11 - WB Games - $59.99/€69.99 - 22.6 GB
  • Cytus Alpha - Rayark/Flyhigh Works - $49.99/€49.99 - 2.2 GB
  • Death Coming - Zodiac Interactive - $6.99/€6.99 - 442 MB
  • Defend your Castle - XGen Studios - $4.99/€4.39 (Launch sale: $4.24) - 94 MB
    dragonsdogmadarkarisedhjdi.jpg
    mortalkombat110yjy0.jpg
    cytust0jbk.jpg
    deathcoming6jjbh.jpg
    defendyourcastlettkoa.jpg
  • Lost King's Lullaby - Avance - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.3 GB
  • Super Blood Hocket - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 243 MB
  • Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands - Johnny Ostad - $9.99/€9.99 - 143 MB
  • The Little Acre - Pewter Games Studios - $12.99/€12.99 - 2.4 GB
  • Psycho Soldier - Arcade - SNK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
    lostkingslullabyl3knz.jpg
    superbloodhockeyqnkie.jpg
    shalnorlegendssacredllyje5.jpg
    thelittleacrej2jec.jpg
    arcadearchivespsychoshbjq0.jpg
  • Zeroptian Invasion - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99) - 113 MB
  • Beyond Enemy Lines: Covert Operations - Polygon Art - $13.99/€13.99 - 2.3 GB
  • Deponia - Daedalic - $39.99/€39.99 - 999 MB
  • Isoland - Orenda - $2.17/€1.92 - 791 MB
  • Isoland 2 - Ashes of Time - Orenda - $3.62/€3.22 - 877 MB
    zeroptianinvasione6j54.jpg
    beyondenemylinescover2xjic.jpg
    deponiatqkzz.jpg
    isoland08jwc.jpg
    isoland2ashesoftimer2jbj.jpg
  • UglyDolls: An Imperfect Adventure - Outright Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 963 MB
  • Panty Party - Cosen - $14.99/€14.59 - 1.1 GB
  • Moero Chronicle Hyper - Idea Factory - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $13.99) - 3.5 GB
  • Homo Machina - Arte Experience - $2.99/€3.49 - 1.0 GB
  • Type:Rider - Arte Experience - $2.99/€3.49 - 622 MB
    uglydollsywkzp.png
    pantypartylik2w.jpg
    moerochroniclehypervik68.jpg
    homomachinajqjr5.jpg
    typeriderxkjkt.jpg
  • Vandals - Arte Experience - $3.99/€4.49 - 328 MB
  • Ding Dong XL - Nickervision Studios - $0.99/€0.99 - 170 MB
  • Robox - Sabec - $9.99/€11.09 - 330 MB
  • Theatre Tales - Ultimate Games - $1.49/€1.39 (Launch sale: €1.04) - 108 MB
  • Gym Hero: Idle Fitness Tycoon - Ultimate Games - $2.29/€1.89 - 203 MB
    vandalsk1jnz.jpg
    dingdongxllmjng.jpg
    robox4ukjr.jpg
    theatretales10j75.jpg
    gymhero0kkxl.jpg
  • Joe Jump Impossible Quest - Forsaken Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 114 MB
  • Rollin' Eggz - Grimtalin - $2.99/€2.99 - 173 MB
  • Hotel Dracula - Ultimate Games - $5.69/€4.99(Launch sale: $4.83/€4.24) - 299 MB
  • Super Star Blast - EntwicklerX - $4.99/€4.99 - 77 MB
    joejumpndknr.jpg
    rollineggz1kjr8.jpg
    hoteldraculauzk01.jpg
    superstarblastjbk6f.jpg

- DLCs
  • Mortal Kombat 11 - WB Games
    Kombat Pack - $39.99/€39.99
    Shao Kahn - $5.99/€5.99 - *Included in the Kombat Pack*
    Frost - $5.99/€5.99 - *Included in the Kombat Pack*
  • LEGO DC Super-Villains - WB Games
    Shazam! Movie Level Pack 1 & 2 - $5.99/€5.99

- Demos

• R-Type Dimensions EX - Tozai Games
  • Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission - Bandai Namco
  • Voxel Shot - Sat-Box
  • Aces of the Luftwaffe: Squadron - HandyGames

- Japan

• Virtua Racing - Arcade - M2/Sega - ¥999
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution - Konami - ¥3,240
  • Murder Detective Jack the Ripper - Nippon Ichi - ¥7,538
  • Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization DX - Bandai Namco - ¥6,156
  • Reine des Fleurs - Idea Factory - ¥6,804
    segaagesvirtuaracingucjje.jpg
    yu-gi-ohlegacyofthedu16k4b.jpg
    murderdetectivejackthtzkvm.jpg
    swordartonlinehollowrqpj8b.jpg
    reinedesfleurs9xkzb.jpg
  • Umihara Kawase Fresh! - Success - ¥6,264
  • Light Tracer - Beep - ¥2,000
  • Tsukue de Bowling - Sat-Box - ¥800
  • Crane Game Toreba - CyberStep - ¥600 each ticket
    umiharakawasefreshq4ka0.jpg
    lighttracerpekix.jpg
    tsukuedebowlinggajuo.jpg
    cranegametorebar5j3q.jpg

-Late Releases
  • Rogue Bit - Bigosaur - €4.99 - 79 MB *EU*

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Impulse bought Katana Zero. What a gem. I really love how it plays and the story is entertaining even though its a little weird. The one shot mechanic is addictive.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just beat BoxBoy + BoxGirl!. Good game so far, some neat puzzles. Looking forward to the Co-Op and bonus campaign.

The game ends with the cliffhanger "To be continued"; given the ending, my guess is that the original BoxBoy follows after this? The same planet you see getting hit with a meteor about half way through the first game... is, well, hit with a meteor in this game. There was a segment at the end which I messed up though, so there may be two versions of said ending? EDIT: Game alludes to the fact that you only get the true ending in Co-Op. Great...

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up playing Donkey Kong (the arcade game, not Tropic Freeze!) loads this afternoon. Its really nice to have the arcade version on the Switch in all its glory, its not aged a bit. I notice Ice Climbers is also listed as an arcade classic, is that much different to the NES version? (I'm not familiar with the arcade version at all). I might get it eventually as I turn my Switch into one big arcade/indie machine!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The story is the main redeeming quality along with the visual style, the gameplay is pretty bland. It's a pretty basic platform/puzzler where the puzzles aren't really difficult. You have to guide the prince by the hand ala Ico, but other than that there isn't anything really remarkable about it. It only took me about 4-5 hours to finish and by that time I really wanted it to end. There are some pretty annoying design flaws that I wasn't too keen on, like having to kill yourself to restart certain sections if you goofed up on certain things, and poor checkpoint placement, forcing you to replay large chunks of a level if you fail.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! is my first time playing the series and I am having a blast! It definitely feels challenging at points but it never feels impossible (where as a game like Baba Is You I've hit a wall it seems). Just a ton of fun and I am baffled it was only $10.

Also purchased Dig Dog and it reminds me a lot of Downwell and that's a very good thing, having a lot of fun with it so far after putting in over an hour and the music is awesome. I need to get better at my timing though because I haven't made it past the 2nd world yet!

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Ended up playing Donkey Kong (the arcade game, not Tropic Freeze!) loads this afternoon. Its really nice to have the arcade version on the Switch in all its glory, its not aged a bit. I notice Ice Climbers is also listed as an arcade classic, is that much different to the NES version? (I'm not familiar with the arcade version at all). I might get it eventually as I turn my Switch into one big arcade/indie machine!

It's the definitive version as it has a new enemy, bunch of new stages, hi-score leaderboard and a bunch of other things. Very fun version

Oct 27, 2017
I just started Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes and noticed that there's an 'Unlock all' on the T-Shirt store 'as an apology for the inconveniences'. What happened?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I have $40 to spend on the eShop and 0 idea what to spend it on. Just bought Picross and SWQuest.

Cuphead I already have on PC. Rocket League and Assault Android Cactus too.
Katana Zero looks neat but I think I'm ok with single player indies for now.
I'd love for the Jackbox Party Pack 3 to go on sale.
RE4 interests me but I don't want to pay Capcom any Switch tax.
I'd love to play FFXII, I never played it more than a couple hours but I don't think I'd be able to finish a long JRPG right now.
When is Kentucky Route Zero coming out >:(

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Played the Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission demo and the game's pretty neat.

I just wish it weren't so ugly. If it weren't, I'd have no problem spending $60 on it.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Does the wishlist feature even work? I never get any notification by email that an item on my wishlist is on sale or anything. What's the purpose of it?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten emails about sales from my Japanese account, but never my NA one, which is my main/default account.

Super weird.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Btw the JPB demo for Umihara Kawase Fresh is fully translated. It's a nice way to see if you like the gameplay in case you've never played a UK game.

I love that demos are again a thing, well alleast they are on Nintendo Switch
Yeah, kind of pointless without notifications. Some people apparently got emails alerting about some sales, but I never did.

I only get email notifications on my wishlisisted title/s being on sale from my Italian account.
Never got one from my USA/JPN/MEX accounts, weird

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I have $40 to spend on the eShop and 0 idea what to spend it on. Just bought Picross and SWQuest.

Cuphead I already have on PC. Rocket League and Assault Android Cactus too.
Katana Zero looks neat but I think I'm ok with single player indies for now.
I'd love for the Jackbox Party Pack 3 to go on sale.
RE4 interests me but I don't want to pay Capcom any Switch tax.
I'd love to play FFXII, I never played it more than a couple hours but I don't think I'd be able to finish a long JRPG right now.
When is Kentucky Route Zero coming out >:(
Do you own Hollow Knight yet? If not, start there.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
In case anybody other than me was curious, I've only been able to find one review of Lost King's Lullaby so far, from a site I've never heard of called Gamerheads Podcast Network. I was interested in it due to the art direction and eShop description, but it's sounding like a bust: constant glitches, poor translation, rote battle system, performance problems that outright gut the gameplay, and so on.

Gamerheads Podcast Network said:
In this day and age, we are spoiled with an endless supply of excellent video games, but curation is a necessity. Without it, we're left with games like Lost King's Lullaby needlessly stealing the oxygen from criminally underplayed gems like last year's excellent Iconoclasts. This game is a buggy, repetitive, poorly-optimized, and deeply flawed mess that's doubtlessly going to be put out to pasture as soon as it releases. It isn't worth your time, and - if you're especially morbidly curious - it doesn't take long to see so for yourself. Feel free to pony up the $8 for the privilege, but I would not at all recommend doing so.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Finally bought DS remastered , at 28 $ it was too tempting plus I had about 3$ in gold points.
It couldn't have come at a better time as I've just finished Bloodborne.
I'll be playing it for the first time ever , any tips would be welcomed ( I platinumed Bloodborne and 100% its DLC )